David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
6/20/09 7:14 p.m.

Just a friendly reminder that our open house is this coming Saturday. Anyone coming?

Linky: http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/events/open-house/

alfabeach
alfabeach New Reader
6/22/09 6:39 p.m.

I will be there if the temp is under a 100F

Well you did keep the temp under 100 (barely). Thanks for working on Saturday and having us over. I always enjoy meeting new car people.

David S. Wallens
6/22/09 7:10 p.m.

We have a/c. We'll also have cold water.

Per Schroeder
Per Schroeder Technical Editor/Advertising Director
6/22/09 7:21 p.m.

I hear there are two cool Volvo 122s making the trek—one is Jerry Sira's absolutely mint light blue 1967, and the other is Chris Short's modified '68. Both are bitchin'!

We should have the Berkeley there in fresh paint as well as the Saab, TR3, mini, MINI and more!

PaulY
PaulY Reader
6/22/09 7:23 p.m.

Sometimes I wish i didn't live on the opposite end of the continent.

wherethefmi
wherethefmi Dork
6/22/09 8:21 p.m.

Ok you guys need to move the offices to somewhere more in the middle of the country. Kansas is good, no arguing start packing

mistanfo
mistanfo Dork
6/22/09 9:15 p.m.

I'll be there, just not on Saturday. Come Saturday, I'll be back in VA

David S. Wallens
6/22/09 10:15 p.m.

Sorry, can't move the office, but for those in the neighborhood, come on down.

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Production Editor
6/23/09 8:49 p.m.
mistanfo wrote: I'll be there, just not on Saturday. Come Saturday, I'll be back in VA

Was that you in the office today? Sorry we had to cut out, but the Berzerkeley needed some re-assembly before the open house.

Volksroddin
Volksroddin HalfDork
6/23/09 9:29 p.m.

My plans to go to FL this summer got FUBAR'd. still plan on going in January and I really reall wanted to a 16hr this summer.

Opus
Opus Dork
6/23/09 11:36 p.m.
PaulY wrote: Sometimes I wish i didn't live on the opposite end of the continent.

you and me both

David S. Wallens
6/25/09 9:15 p.m.

Just a friendly reminder that the weekend is approaching by the minute. We even have some door prizes. (Well, it's crap we found while cleaning up the place.)

Bobzilla
Bobzilla HalfDork
6/26/09 7:13 a.m.

damn! Going to miss it by a day... you guys aren't around on Sunday are you? We'll be on the road all day tomorrow getting to Gainesville.

mistanfo
mistanfo Dork
6/26/09 7:36 a.m.
Tom Heath wrote:
mistanfo wrote: I'll be there, just not on Saturday. Come Saturday, I'll be back in VA
Was that you in the office today? Sorry we had to cut out, but the Berzerkeley needed some re-assembly before the open house.

That was me. If I hadn't been trying to beat the weather to Tampa ( your hail hurts!) I would have offered to gopher tools at the least. Oh, and Pers MINI looks like my friends new Flex was washed with hot water and then dryed on high. Nice seeing those that were there though. Maybe the Bezerkely could make the UTCC?

dyintorace
dyintorace Dork
6/26/09 8:56 a.m.
Bobzilla wrote: damn! Going to miss it by a day... you guys aren't around on Sunday are you? We'll be on the road all day tomorrow getting to Gainesville.

Gainesville?? What brings you this way?

Bobzilla
Bobzilla HalfDork
6/26/09 9:01 a.m.

We're hoppin on a boat with her parents from Tucson. Wife's aunt lives in Gainesville so we're all meeting there for Sat/Sun and then Monday morning heading down to Port Canaveral.... I was hoping to talk them into letting me come visit Ground Zero on Sunday but didn;t think that people might have lives away from work! lol.... Friday morning it's the mad dash home to pack up and be at Grissom for the NT. I'm impound chief so I need to be there.

dyintorace
dyintorace Dork
6/26/09 9:06 a.m.

Very cool! Have a great trip. If you are looking for things to do this weekend, check out www.gainesville.com for suggestions.

Let me know if you need anything while in town.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla HalfDork
6/26/09 9:19 a.m.

we're good.... should be in town 7-8pm then spending Sat with her aunt.

Circuit_Motorsports
Circuit_Motorsports None
6/26/09 2:06 p.m.

We should be out in the STI :)

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Production Editor
6/26/09 2:13 p.m.
Circuit_Motorsports wrote: We should be out in the STI :)

I'm looking forward to checking that out!

cvedral
cvedral New Reader
6/26/09 7:55 p.m.

I intend to stop by, hopefully bring a few of the s2000 guys.

Spitsix
Spitsix New Reader
6/27/09 1:50 p.m.

Had a great time. Had a guy who questioned if he could fit in a Z3 Coupe. I opened the door and let him see. That's one of the cool things about these type of events, car people having fun. Great office by the way!

Thanks

Scott

David S. Wallens
6/27/09 4:09 p.m.

Yeah, that was fun. The rain came in quicker than expected, but we still had a good time. Thanks to those who came.

Also, I was talking to someone about their fiberglass Mini. Here's the link to the one at the Lane museum: http://lanemotormuseum.org/collection/195-austin-mini-fiberglass-1969

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Uj1yr1yxAE1MIMYkk9wCHhg7oVh2xfqgjIy7i1PPoFMQTDBG0hfJ4AAC4akF3kTc