wheeler
wheeler New Reader
12/14/14 11:12 a.m.

I bought a couple of tix, hospitality and parking. We attended the 24 last year, but did not do the GRM Experience. So I have a couple of questions...

1. Can we add garage and/or hot pit access to these tickets? Or do these get us access? We had credentials last year and stood behind the hot pits. IMO thursday and friday are THE days to be there...unbelievable access. I just want to make sure we can get into the garage and pits like we did last year.

2. We only have 2 GRM tix and dinner passes, if we have a few more people riding in and parking with us, can they come and go to the vehicle with their regular tickets? HOPING to get everyone a GRM ticket by the time race comes, so if anyone has an extra, even a single, I'd love to buy it!

Thank you!

Wally
Wally MegaDork
12/14/14 11:54 a.m.

Garage access is included. The only places I couldn't go were put lane and the ladies shower. I may have accidentally end up on pit lane a couple times.

Mustang50
Mustang50 New Reader
12/14/14 11:57 a.m.

I received my ticket package yesterday and I have never been to a race at Daytona.

What is the best entrance to use for the GRM experience parking?

wheeler
wheeler New Reader
12/14/14 12:07 p.m.
Mustang50 wrote: I received my ticket package yesterday and I have never been to a race at Daytona. What is the best entrance to use for the GRM experience parking?

I'll let some others chime in, but from what I saw last year when we rode the shuttle in, was to use the Turn 1 tunnel and make your way down the main drag, GRM was right across the road from all the car manufacturer display tents.

Super stoked to have GRM tix this year! One tip I would give would be to make the effort to get a shuttle to the backstretch and go up on the Budweiser Party Deck...the carnage that unfolds at Bus Stop is epic!! Great view of the action. Also, the grandstands on the front stretch, entering turn one, stand right by the fence, across from the pit exit...WOW! It's an unbelievable sensation!

wbjones
wbjones UltimaDork
12/14/14 12:35 p.m.
Mustang50 wrote: I received my ticket package yesterday and I have never been to a race at Daytona. What is the best entrance to use for the GRM experience parking?

I prefer coming in from Williamson Blvd … which has you coming through at NASCAR T1

wbjones
wbjones UltimaDork
12/14/14 12:37 p.m.
wheeler wrote: I bought a couple of tix, hospitality and parking. We attended the 24 last year, but did not do the GRM Experience. So I have a couple of questions... 1. Can we add garage and/or hot pit access to these tickets? Or do these get us access? We had credentials last year and stood behind the hot pits. IMO thursday and friday are THE days to be there...unbelievable access. I just want to make sure we can get into the garage and pits like we did last year. 2. We only have 2 GRM tix and dinner passes, if we have a few more people riding in and parking with us, can they come and go to the vehicle with their regular tickets? HOPING to get everyone a GRM ticket by the time race comes, so if anyone has an extra, even a single, I'd love to buy it! Thank you!

absolutely … as matter of fact they will be totally welcome in the GRM tent for everything except the Sat night meal …

coffee and doughnuts each morning, various tours through out the weekend … they just can't park their car there … but can come and go from yours without any restrictions

wheeler
wheeler New Reader
12/14/14 12:42 p.m.
wbjones wrote:
wheeler wrote: I bought a couple of tix, hospitality and parking. We attended the 24 last year, but did not do the GRM Experience. So I have a couple of questions... 1. Can we add garage and/or hot pit access to these tickets? Or do these get us access? We had credentials last year and stood behind the hot pits. IMO thursday and friday are THE days to be there...unbelievable access. I just want to make sure we can get into the garage and pits like we did last year. 2. We only have 2 GRM tix and dinner passes, if we have a few more people riding in and parking with us, can they come and go to the vehicle with their regular tickets? HOPING to get everyone a GRM ticket by the time race comes, so if anyone has an extra, even a single, I'd love to buy it! Thank you!
absolutely … as matter of fact they will be totally welcome in the GRM tent for everything except the Sat night meal … coffee and doughnuts each morning, various tours through out the weekend … they just can't park their car there … but can come and go from yours without any restrictions

That's awesome news! Thank you!

wheeler
wheeler New Reader
12/14/14 12:47 p.m.

Looking at the "credentials" we had last year from my buddy at Sprint, we only had the "G" sticker for Garage and "GVL" for victory lane. But we were indeed IN the pits on the Thurs and Fri.

Another tip for anyone reading...wear LONG pants. We had a nice day one of the days and showed up in shorts and were turned away from the Garage entrance.

rsinn
rsinn New Reader
12/14/14 12:58 p.m.

This is good information. This will also be my first time down at Daytona, for anything. I am thinking that I picked the right 'way' to experience Daytona and the 24. Although I may end up in the corner drooling from too much sensory overload. In that case, just cover me with some towels.

wheeler
wheeler New Reader
12/14/14 4:29 p.m.
rsinn wrote: This is good information. This will also be my first time down at Daytona, for anything. I am thinking that I picked the right 'way' to experience Daytona and the 24. Although I may end up in the corner drooling from too much sensory overload. In that case, just cover me with some towels.

Overload is a term I've used many times describing our 4 days last year. We no more than got off the shuttle and into the pits when GTLM and GTD were headed out to practice. Drivers in fire suits, crew members running around, security blowing whistles and yelling "get back!" The freaking brand new RSR cars nearly running over our toes, engine revving, hitting Rev limiters as soon as they clear the gate, car after car after car!! That was one of the most bitchin things I've ever witnessed and hands down the best motorsports event I've ever attended!! If it doesn't thrill you, you have no heart beating in your chest! Hard to be brand loyal with so many kick ass cars all doing the things and make the sounds we love!

Rick Goolsby
Rick Goolsby Events Manager
12/15/14 8:12 a.m.

In reply to wheeler:

As the events manager here, I will jump in and answer some your questions. The GRM Experience tickets will have garage and Sprint Fan Zone access. Hot pit passes can ONLY be received through IMSA, and that is just for media and team personnel. If you want to go on pit road to a team pit, there will be some lucky Golden Ticket winners that will get a guided tour of hot pits and stay at one of the team pit boxes and complete with headsets to listen in on the teams and tour guide.

To answer question #2, yes you can bring your buddies in to park, but they just will not be able to go to the dinner on Saturday night unless they have a ticket.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have more questions.

Rick Goolsby
Rick Goolsby Events Manager
12/15/14 8:14 a.m.

In reply to Mustang50:

Best entry point is the Gate #40 (Turn one tunnel) Turn four tunnel gets really goofed up during the event and it is really hard to get in that way.

Wally
Wally MegaDork
12/15/14 7:21 p.m.

Get plenty of sleep Friday night and bring good shoes. Last year was my first time and even though I had been there for several Nascar races it was a lot more to take in then I thought. I took about a 20 min nap at about 4am but otherwise saw the whole thing. According to my pedometer I covered about 8.5 miles and I took close to 1000 pictures.

CobraSpdRH
CobraSpdRH New Reader
12/16/14 10:10 a.m.

This is a great event, have attended the past 3 years (although not with GRM passes yet). There are plenty of good spots to take in portions of the race and agree with others on jeans, comfortable shoes, backpack to hold essentials (water, snacks, free swag). It is crazy how you can see drivers walk right past you down in the pit area (and walk through the starting lineup before they begin the race).

wbjones
wbjones UltimaDork
12/16/14 11:23 a.m.

and keep in mind that this is January … even though it's FL. the weather can be anything from 70's/80's to frost and snowy sleet …so bring pretty much every piece of clothing you own … Just kidding .. but do bring enough clothes for any eventuality

captdownshift
captdownshift Dork
12/16/14 1:09 p.m.

This will be my first year down there not wearing whites standing at the Bus Stop, I'm looking forward to it.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
12/16/14 1:38 p.m.

By the way, the issue currently in the mail has a nice insiders' guide to the Rolex: where to eat, what to wear, etc. Yes, you could use it to stalk us, too, I guess.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
PmvpjTQMyiFd6koseF8b4VyAzbzIjCQfsEZCobaG9gtYclTDV5KS7LTGwITDzxQZ