badfrogg
badfrogg New Reader
10/15/15 10:18 a.m.

Wanted to get a new GRM shirt and noticed the work shirt look pretty nice. Can anyone tell me if it is good quality. Material? Soft? Wrinkle free?

WonkoTheSane
WonkoTheSane HalfDork
10/15/15 10:39 a.m.

I have the RedKap workshirt. It's typical a typical RedKap's lightweight (read: thinner/cooler) workshirt with GRM's logo embroidered on. Like all the other RedKap, Dickies or Carhartt workshirts I've owned, it's slightly stiff, no wrinkle problems, and the material seems slightly water repellent and will probably hold up well.

Edit: I should add that I'm completely happy with the shirt. I primarily wear work clothes like these even though I'm in an office, they always say nice, sharp and professional and hide dirt well.

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
10/15/15 10:40 a.m.

I wear them all the time......as I work at GRM / CMS. They aren't totally wrinkle free--- but as long as you don't ball them up they withstand wrinkles pretty darn well. The material is high quality, and durable, but it's not cottony soft--- more like a dickies type shirt. I have a couple that have withstood years of wear, under pretty demanding situations. (at the track, setting up / breaking down booths) They are also professional enough looking that I can wear them at SEMA, PRI and other trade shows without having to resort to a collared (polo) shirt, or a dress suit and tie.

They also have a handy pocket for a pen / business cards etc.

So yeah....get one, you'll like it!

captdownshift
captdownshift UltraDork
10/15/15 11:02 a.m.

They're super high quality Dickie's type material. If you toss it on a hanger out of the dryer you won't have issues with wrinkles and it won't require ironing. I'm 6'2 and down to 250, the XL fits me to a tee. It's not cotton soft, but it's definitely not itchy and is quite comfortable and should hold up to a decade's worth of wash cycles. It's actually too nice, in my opinion, to wear when wearing on the car.

badfrogg
badfrogg New Reader
10/15/15 11:11 a.m.

Awesome feedback. Getting one now!

Thanks.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JqLlSuq9q6tOg8hDTphu1TKvVNz2SOpmgD3z2Bf5zH1RWhTGKoDRCbyRHmQBtYtd