mad_machine
mad_machine SuperDork
7/10/08 5:26 p.m.

Finally got the passengerside of the car all stripped down and primered. This was the hard side due to the large dent in the rear fender that needed to be pulled, filled, and sanded smooth. Two days I can never have back.

Once I get the root and other side done, I can sand her smooth, reprimer, sand, and then finally paint.

And now for the teaser:

I bought these small vents for my Ti. They are from the Vauxhall Astra Mk1 GTE and are probably the only pair here in the US. Turbo's generate more heat and I want something more aggressive on the Bimmer.

I still need to cut away some of the internal bracing and then cut in the other before I can flange the metal of the hood, but I broke the spindle on my Demel and needed to buy another. Saab metal is also tank like and cutting discs last a couple of inches at best.

mad_machine
mad_machine SuperDork
7/10/08 8:58 p.m.

Got one vent done.. still need to cut the other one in and then finish it all off.

MiatarPowar
MiatarPowar Reader
7/11/08 8:13 a.m.

Looks good! I wish I had the time/space/knowledge to take on something like this on my own.

81gtv6
81gtv6 New Reader
7/11/08 9:48 a.m.

That is going to look sweet, I need to file that away for when I get my wife's 9-3 as my DD.

mad_machine
mad_machine SuperDork
7/11/08 2:15 p.m.

I have to say this.. I am really tired of sanding. Sanding, glazing putty, more sanding, even more sanding, and then primer.. before I can sand again.

I just hope the car comes out looking good. I just wish I had more room in my garage. If it was located where I live, I could roll one of the other cars out into the yard.. but as I rent part of an old chicken coop, both the Fiat and the Caddy have to stay inside.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
P2vCTxuZl2ys7CN51Dk85PMAkhV3tbZ18OdezB4IbqjNLnPl0tqhmaiJHMkOjbwj