2 3 4
Mitchell
Mitchell UltraDork
12/15/15 2:43 p.m.

I have always been a Ferrari fan. The F40 was king, and I was amazed to finally see one in person at the Jacksonville, FL car show.

Honorable mentions: F355, 550 in dark blue with tan interior.

I only began liking Porsches as an adult, when I was able to drive a Cayman S with PDK.

While never my dream car, I sincerely enjoy my '15 Miata. Once I became serious about cars, I never saw myself as a convertible guy, due to floppy chassis and such. I really love driving with the top down, and do so whenever possible. Even at 45 degrees outside on the highway, it's quite cozy when the windows are up.

NickD
NickD Reader
12/15/15 4:35 p.m.
BlueInGreen44 wrote:
Adrian_Thompson wrote:
bastomatic wrote: For some reason my childhood dream car was a Fiero Formula. I've since come to my senses.
Wife got a brand new Fiero in 83 (84 model year) as her 17th Birthday present. Served perfectly for years. She still wont hear anything against them.
I've always had a little bit of want for a Fiero. Every once in a while I search for them on CL...

I still have an irrational love for Fieros. I have had friends threaten to disown me iif I ever buy one.

outasite
outasite Reader
12/15/15 5:00 p.m.

In reply to spitfirebill:

YES, I lusted after one of these also. I saw one on Ford display that was traveling around the country when I was junior in high school. (289 FIA with 4 pt belts and webers?). Still think about it. Much prefer it over 427 any day.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltimaDork
12/15/15 5:04 p.m.

Oddly enough I don't really know what my "childhood dream car" was. Probably a C4 ZR1 though.

mr2peak
mr2peak Dork
12/15/15 5:09 p.m.

My childhood dream car could fly.

So, no.

Woody
Woody MegaDork
12/15/15 5:33 p.m.
mr2peak wrote: My childhood dream car could fly. So, no.

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof PowerDork
12/15/15 5:35 p.m.

Well, I did have my 55 Chev, but would love to own a 70/71 Z28. Maybe I'll see if I can trade the Z06 for one in a year or two.

Knurled
Knurled MegaDork
12/15/15 5:55 p.m.
NickD wrote: I still have an irrational love for Fieros. I have had friends threaten to disown me iif I ever buy one.

You really don't want to see what I've been doing at work lately, then.

Incidentally. Those long underhood fluorescent lights that hook on the sides of the hood? They are also awesome for interior work, just hook 'em over the sides of the roof.

Cotton
Cotton UberDork
12/15/15 6:56 p.m.
Bobzilla wrote: Oddly enough I don't really know what my "childhood dream car" was. Probably a C4 ZR1 though.

Seems like a good deal on a zr-1 http://owensboro.craigslist.org/cto/5323110406.html

Brian
Brian MegaDork
12/15/15 8:22 p.m.

For teen years of playing Gran Turismo, I no longer want any of the Mitsubishis I loved in the game.

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
12/15/15 9:17 p.m.

Yup, the GT 350 is parked right in the garage. Only car I ever wanted more, is a real 289 Cobra. That is going to be tough unless subscription prices go way, way up!

The only cars I really covet now are cheap; an older Boxster, an early seventies Alfa Spider, a Sunbeam Imp, a 1985 (red) CR-X Si and (not so cheap), a cycle fendered Allard

RedGT
RedGT Reader
12/15/15 9:36 p.m.

That reminds me, the other thing that counts as a dream....build? is that i want to put together a 9000 rpm small block ford in an early mustang. Or a cobra replica. This is a more possible one to achieve someday.

DaewooOfDeath
DaewooOfDeath SuperDork
12/15/15 9:46 p.m.
RedGT wrote: i want to put together a 9000 rpm small block ford in an early mustang.

Hahaha, I initially read this as "I want to put a 9000 rpm stall converter in an early Mustang."

That would certainly be unique!

midniteson
midniteson Reader
12/15/15 10:12 p.m.

C4 corvette and thirdgen Firebird.ive wanted both since i was 3 in 1985. It took about 30 years but I now own both.

former520
former520 Reader
12/15/15 11:51 p.m.

I think a fair amount of us must have won the same posters from the same traveling carnival. Countach, 930 Slantnose, every car in the poster with 5 garage doors open. I am surprised no one mentioned the Turbo Interceptor.

Realistic cars for post kids college include Fox Body Hatchback and a Fall Guy K-10 doppleganger.

Unfortunately, the dream car I am chasing right now is a car with HOV plates, I may meet this hero in the form of a Volt soon...

gearheadmb
gearheadmb HalfDork
12/16/15 9:22 a.m.
Cotton wrote:
Bobzilla wrote: Oddly enough I don't really know what my "childhood dream car" was. Probably a C4 ZR1 though.
Seems like a good deal on a zr-1 http://owensboro.craigslist.org/cto/5323110406.html

I think a zr1 would be a good investment car, but to drive and use should that engine be embraced or feared?

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 Dork
12/16/15 1:40 p.m.

No, but this is it. I put the model kit together when I was about seven and have been in love since.

NickD
NickD Reader
12/16/15 1:49 p.m.
Knurled wrote:
NickD wrote: I still have an irrational love for Fieros. I have had friends threaten to disown me iif I ever buy one.
You really don't want to see what I've been doing at work lately, then. Incidentally. Those long underhood fluorescent lights that hook on the sides of the hood? They are also awesome for interior work, just hook 'em over the sides of the roof.

Is that a flux capacitor?

The Hoff
The Hoff UltraDork
12/16/15 1:56 p.m.

My true childhood dream car is a Lamborghini Countach. That's not going to happen.

But my teenage years lusted after MKII GTI 16Vs. Although not 16Vs, I've owned 3 MKII GTIs. Good enough for me.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UltraDork
12/16/15 2:22 p.m.

I can afford it, I really want it and there is one locally that is perfect. But everything I have been told by owners is do not meet your Hero.

92dxman
92dxman Dork
12/16/15 3:22 p.m.

That red mk2 GTI is beautiful..

The Hoff
The Hoff UltraDork
12/16/15 5:44 p.m.

In reply to 92dxman:

Was eventually built for track duty-

Knurled
Knurled MegaDork
12/16/15 7:04 p.m.
NickD wrote: Is that a flux capacitor?

Technically not, but it waS acquired through a mad scientist.

Which reminds me, I gotta get my learn on for flex fuel map switching/blending. (I showed Da Boss how much a set of six ID2000 injectors cost. The look on his face was priceless. The injectors sure as hell are not!)

2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
iTWvCiuGRLy6ib9h6GlmgZOizdIYCKBT1zaFzv4V7N1Dzw9RRcbspxFdlePQEZt8