Carson
Carson HalfDork
1/28/09 10:28 a.m.

What is the technical name of the black round piece in this picture and where can I find them?

Searches for "headlight(lamp) socket" yields electrical connections and "headlight(lamp) bucket" doesn't get what I'm looking for.

I need two for a project, They don't have to be for a Miata, just need to accept 7" headlights. Junk yard only items?

John Brown
John Brown SuperDork
1/28/09 11:08 a.m.

Headlamp housing, headlamp adjuster, headlamp doohickey, rusted pile of E36 M3

Take your pick.

Carson
Carson HalfDork
1/28/09 11:19 a.m.

I live in North Carolina, we don't have rusted piles of E36 M3, but I'll try the other three.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH SuperDork
1/28/09 11:34 a.m.

If it was a British car you could just make up a name and people would still help you find one rather than admit they don't know what it is

Carson
Carson HalfDork
1/28/09 11:45 a.m.

Ah! Coincidentally I am also looking for a 7" head torch bucket to prise under the bonnet by turning the spanner in an anti-clockwise direction for my Leyland Yellow Fang.

I need two 5.75" ones also. They can be of al-you-men-e-um or steel, preferably of monocoque construction.

(I'm English so no one should be offended by this)

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
1/28/09 12:12 p.m.

I've always called them 'headlight buckets'. I think Motormite used to have them in their 'HELP' line but now all they show is the retaining rings.

mad_machine
mad_machine SuperDork
1/28/09 12:24 p.m.

headlight mountings?

Not something I ever really thought about before

Carson
Carson HalfDork
1/28/09 5:59 p.m.

Welp, I'm going to go down to the pick-n-pull this weekend to see if I can find some.

Thanks for the input!

If I can't find anything, I'll have to make some.

Woody
Woody Dork
1/28/09 6:11 p.m.

You can find one, exactly like the one in the picture (complete with headlight), in my basement. Yours for the cost of shipping. Drop me an e-mail.

driver109x
driver109x Reader
1/28/09 6:31 p.m.

Headlight bezel??

benzbaron
benzbaron Reader
1/28/09 7:00 p.m.

+1 for bezel, everyone has to call the same part by a different name to be cool.

Carson
Carson HalfDork
1/28/09 7:50 p.m.

benzbaron: So by you also calling it bezel does that make it no longer cool?

Woody: I'll see what I can dig up around here, if nothing, I'll shoot you that email, thanks for the offer!

benzbaron
benzbaron Reader
1/28/09 8:24 p.m.

I had to replace one on my bike before, sold one for an old volvo, and had someone try to just buy the bezel off of a set of c126 mercedes SEC lights, so I know the meaning of the word bezel.

You have to go down the parts list names to figure out what you need to buy.

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago Reader
1/28/09 10:38 p.m.

where's keith when you need him?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1Fdb9T4dcaJufKY7ao2dZJCdLznQ2JtK9BH1zpSQmBPptX3F3Kii9DO1LFUnfOKo