1 2
Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
9/14/23 9:34 a.m.
feature_image

Imagine a scooter compact enough that it could fit in the trunk of your car so that you didn’t have to worry about finding the perfect parking spot, you could just park anywhere and ride your trunk scooter to your destination.

Well, that was one of the main selling points for the Honda Motoc…

Read the rest of the story

Colin Wood
9/14/23 9:36 a.m.

I foresee these whizzing through the paddocks of many race tracks very soon.

johndej
johndej SuperDork
9/14/23 9:38 a.m.

That's not bad at all for $1k

j_tso
j_tso Dork
9/14/23 9:59 a.m.

Love that it can lay flat.

The original was a good idea, but I'm sure people found out they didn't want a smelly 2 stroke in the back of their car.

Sarah Young
Sarah Young Copy & Design Editor
9/14/23 10:00 a.m.

It looks like an iPhone. Not saying that's a bad thing.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
9/14/23 10:00 a.m.

Yes, please. 

nocones
nocones PowerDork
9/14/23 10:04 a.m.

What's going to be great is if Honda can do that for $1k (which is awesome), imagine what copies of it will be available on Amazon in the next year!

Also .  I would of made the wheels turn 90⁰ in storage mode and put a telescoping handle on the box so you can wheel it around like a suitcase when stored. 

Colin Wood
9/14/23 10:51 a.m.
nocones said:

Also .  I would of made the wheels turn 90⁰ in storage mode and put a telescoping handle on the box so you can wheel it around like a suitcase when stored. 

I like that idea. It's like you're an engineer or something. wink

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) MegaDork
9/14/23 10:54 a.m.

I just bought a 2024 Integra. I would gladly have paid extra for one of these, had it been offered as an option, especially considering how much extra space is in back where a spare tire should normally go. 

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
9/14/23 11:18 a.m.

I'm going to have to measure the cargo bay of the CRX now, but it's gotta fit. Now I just need to paint it Baltic Blue with grey accents.

CrustyRedXpress
CrustyRedXpress Dork
9/14/23 11:28 a.m.

Everybody is looking at their Honda and asking the same question!

Sonic
Sonic UberDork
9/14/23 12:28 p.m.

Trunk on the NSX is just too small front to back.  Boo.  With a custom bracket it would probably fit in place of the targa top holder above the engine, but I use that.  

CrustyRedXpress
CrustyRedXpress Dork
9/14/23 12:45 p.m.

In reply to Sonic :

Time to pick up that ITR you've had your eye on.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
9/14/23 2:02 p.m.

Very cool, if I wasn't out of work I would be tempted to preorder one right now. I always thought the original looked super useful, but apart from the up-front cost of a classic motor scooter keeping me away, I wasn't sure the usefulness of it could justify the care & feeding of another ICE.

This solves both problems.

AMiataCalledSteve
AMiataCalledSteve HalfDork
9/14/23 2:02 p.m.

Oooh, I want one. But I also really want to make an electric version of Mazda's suitcase car.

Captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
Captdownshift (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/14/23 2:15 p.m.

I see enough space for battery mods...

racerfink
racerfink UberDork
9/14/23 2:26 p.m.
nocones said:

What's going to be great is if Honda can do that for $1k (which is awesome), imagine what copies of it will be available on Amazon in the next year!

Remember all the cheap Chinese hoverboards that caught fire during that craze?

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/14/23 3:05 p.m.

Hells to the yes! Paint it red with Akira power bike stickers.

gixxeropa
gixxeropa Reader
9/14/23 3:15 p.m.

I'm no e scooter expert but it seems like there are always options at this price with better speed and range, although those are stand up e-scooters vs sit down

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
9/14/23 4:28 p.m.
gixxeropa said:

I'm no e scooter expert but it seems like there are always options at this price with better speed and range, although those are stand up e-scooters vs sit down

I think what sets this apart is the compactness when it folds up. It's completely flat and tucked away. You could put this on your trunk/hatch floor and still have a useful load bay.

IIRC, the Hot Wheels Honda City has a Motocompo in the back.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
9/14/23 4:56 p.m.

In case I'm not the only one who has trouble with the tracked GRM link (I think they added a www.), here it is: 
https://motocompacto.honda.com

Colin Wood
9/14/23 5:48 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

Thank you. I got that link straight from Honda and couldn't understand why it didn't work.

For everyone else, the link in the story has been updated.

j_tso
j_tso Dork
9/14/23 6:23 p.m.

Just thought you could charge this in the back of your Honda e.

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed UltraDork
9/14/23 6:30 p.m.

Very cool, like it a lot!  But don't forget about the added on market readjustment price. It will be $1299 at Honda dealers and $1399 at Acura dealers. smiley

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed UltraDork
9/14/23 6:38 p.m.
Woody (Forum Supportum) said:

I just bought a 2024 Integra. I would gladly have paid extra for one of these, had it been offered as an option, especially considering how much extra space is in back where a spare tire should normally go. 

How do you like your Integra?

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wmg54iqOH9E7v8klGloFppDCOIZMe96Fmv2likNz5bg9WbU1vZgihAQ00wcLW3UG