1 2 3
JoeyM
JoeyM Mod Squad
9/29/13 10:40 a.m.

Congratulations! A dream you've had for years is the best thing ever to achieve. That would make this feel really special, even if it wasn't automotive. The fact that you can also chirp the tires at will makes this even better.

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette SuperDork
9/29/13 10:44 a.m.

Nice get with Jamestint in Middleton Ny and get it paint protected and tearoff for windshield . headlight covers

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
9/29/13 10:52 a.m.

Awesome score, don't let it kill you

dj06482
dj06482 Dork
9/29/13 8:56 p.m.

Congratulations, looks like a great purchase!

confuZion3
confuZion3 SuperDork
9/29/13 9:55 p.m.
Datsun1500 wrote: I'll see it at hunt valley cars and coffee on Saturday?

Tell me more about this. I'll be passing by Hunt Valley on Saturday.

confuZion3
confuZion3 SuperDork
9/29/13 9:57 p.m.

After reading about mw's new Porsche, I am eager to go try my hand at wiping out 20 or 30 autocross cones with it. In the rain.

fornetti14
fornetti14 HalfDork
9/30/13 8:06 a.m.

Very nice and good for you!
This is another reason why I like this board. Its full of honest WIN all the time.

hobiercr
hobiercr HalfDork
9/30/13 8:54 a.m.

Awesome score and a big +1 for the fly and drive with your Dad! I did the same thing a number of years ago when I bought my F350 off Ebay. Two one way tickets on Southwest to Houston, signed the paperwork and bee lined it back to Tampa straight through. Out and back in under 24 hours, learned that I LOVE this truck and some wonderful time to share with my Dad. He mentioned the trip this weekend when we were celebrating his 83 birthday.

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
9/30/13 12:55 p.m.

Dude, congratulations! I still remember the first time I saw one of these in real life (and it was a red RT/10 like yours). Still makes the hair on my neck stand up. Enjoy it!!!

fidelity101
fidelity101 Dork
9/30/13 1:02 p.m.

a 1000 miles of grime? yikes, what was the MPG on that beast for that trip? lol

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
9/30/13 1:16 p.m.

Not quite grassroot, but you can't get somewhere from nowhere. Congrats.

benzbaronDaryn
benzbaronDaryn Dork
9/30/13 1:19 p.m.

I just saw a red one like that yesterday and though about this thread. Don't think it had the V10 though, maybe but didn't sound like it.

I remember in San Diego at the drags a guy had a blue and white viper with scuba tanks of NAWZZZZZZ!!!!!! when he went to do a burnout the driveshaft turned into a pretzel. Good luck with it.

mndsm
mndsm UltimaDork
9/30/13 1:22 p.m.
benzbaronDaryn wrote: I just saw a red one like that yesterday and though about this thread. Don't think it had the V10 though, maybe but didn't sound like it. I remember in San Diego at the drags a guy had a blue and white viper with scuba tanks of NAWZZZZZZ!!!!!! when he went to do a burnout the driveshaft turned into a pretzel. Good luck with it.

All Vipers were V10's so unless it was a kit, it was a v10.

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
9/30/13 1:31 p.m.
N Sperlo wrote: Not quite grassroot, but you can't get somewhere from nowhere. Congrats.

You sir are incorrect---- Buying your dreamcar at the bottom of it's depreciation curve is totally, absolutely Grassroots!

I remember the first time I saw a Viper on the road. I was behind him in my Scirocco as we were merging onto the highway. Of course he nailed it as the ramp cleared, and left me way....way behind. He made my car feel like it was flying backwards----- they are rapid cars, those Vipers......

Congratulations! Hopefully the car lives up to the dream.

poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
9/30/13 1:50 p.m.
You sir are incorrect---- Buying your dreamcar at the bottom of it's depreciation curve is totally, absolutely Grassroots!

THIS!

Congrats to the OP. She looks CLEAN!!!

tuna55
tuna55 PowerDork
9/30/13 1:52 p.m.

Congrats, let us know how the first autocross/roadcourse/rallycross goes!

calteg
calteg Reader
9/30/13 1:53 p.m.

Very nice. Remember, each calf burn is just the Viper's way of kissing you

mndsm
mndsm UltimaDork
9/30/13 1:53 p.m.
tuna55 wrote: Congrats, let us know how the first autocross/roadcourse/rallycross goes!

Subbed for video of THAT.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce SuperDork
9/30/13 1:59 p.m.

One of the cars that well and truly terrifies me, the early Viper. Congrats and have fun with that beast.

mrwillie
mrwillie HalfDork
9/30/13 2:01 p.m.

Congrats, sir!!! She's beautiful.

chuckles
chuckles HalfDork
9/30/13 2:13 p.m.

Got a ride in one a couple of years ago. I was leaning forward adjusting the belt when he nailed it in first. My back hurt for a week.

DrBoost
DrBoost PowerDork
9/30/13 3:05 p.m.

Nice!! One of my fav's for sure.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
9/30/13 3:09 p.m.

Nice. Yep, "grassroots" is all about achieving your goals when faced with average means.

Ian F
Ian F UltimaDork
9/30/13 3:16 p.m.
fidelity101 wrote: a 1000 miles of grime? yikes, what was the MPG on that beast for that trip? lol
confuZion3 wrote: We were averaging 22-23 miles per gallon on the way home too.

Congrats on getting your dream car!

Hal
Hal SuperDork
9/30/13 8:59 p.m.
confuZion3 wrote:
Datsun1500 wrote: I'll see it at hunt valley cars and coffee on Saturday?
Tell me more about this. I'll be passing by Hunt Valley on Saturday.

Try this: Facebook Link

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XW5PrkrTlf8jp8hJh8EtTQV21KfpcjVEdEOrbn8bE7CuVtWCrTvPcxdXePFcDEac