1 2
Goldmember
Goldmember Reader
5/24/09 12:55 p.m.

If you don't mind subtitles, there is a DVD by Best Motoring called "the Battle at 9K RPM" that is just awesome. Some highlights are footage of a pro driver hotlapping a GT(?)class Turbo NSX built for some Japanese series and only used 2 seasons before the rules changed, IIRC. Awesome sound, and incredible in car of the driver's foot work. ANother segmenrt has some lucky SOB testing 4 different models, Type S, Types S zero, New body style, and a Type R on a closed circuit on a mountain. Then there is an awesome segment with some killer tuner cars, including A Type R powered EF Hatch and an S2000 powered AE86.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla HalfDork
5/25/09 7:10 a.m.

The NSX was fantasmic in 1991. Sadly, Honda sat on their butts and did nothing with it(like normal). Had they have upped the power anty a little and then added modern ergonomics that car could stil be on the road kicking butt.

Considering the shortblock was from Honda's first V6 (out of the 1986-90 Legend) and not even the newer style V6's it amazes me that it held in as long as it did.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess SuperDork
5/25/09 9:01 a.m.

You know, the problem with the NSX is that nobody wants an exotic that has a functioning climate control system.

Goldmember
Goldmember Reader
5/25/09 9:16 a.m.

^^^^borderline "Say What" worthy

Nashco
Nashco SuperDork
5/26/09 3:15 a.m.

I saw one sitting by the beach (Cannon Beach) today. Very clean cars, and very subtle (for a true sports car) in typical Honda fashion. I really like them, but as mentioned they still go for a heck of a lot of money when you look purely at the numbers. Maybe that's what all those Honda owners keep talking about when they give these crazy resale numbers, because I know they're not talking about Civic prices!

Bryce

Ian F
Ian F HalfDork
5/26/09 2:39 p.m.

I see one on I-95 from time to time heading towards Philly as I'm heading North... of course, I also see a Viper almost daily doing the same commute... regardless of weather... which is kinda cool.

Ian F
Ian F HalfDork
5/26/09 2:40 p.m.
Dr. Hess wrote: You know, the problem with the NSX is that nobody wants an exotic that has a functioning climate control system.

The other problem with it is can actually see out of the thing...

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xSUZci3cliaYHuETna6eambeaGaX8hn1OKQQR0EDZbEYTnnTVnJwSXJwh2vfCN5x