moparman76_69 HalfDork
2/18/13 5:56 p.m.
N Sperlo wrote:
moparman76_69 wrote: I have a minivan as a "fun" car, what does that mean? :D
It means you know how to have fun.

kurk9
kurk9 New Reader
2/18/13 6:21 p.m.

I can relate. I had 10,000 to buy myself a fun manual car, I checked out so many used cars and dealt with so many people I got sick of it. I had enough and bought a auto 2005 Corolla, I regretted buying it immediately, I wanted a fun car with a manual transmission, and for some reason I bought the opposite, but it was exactly the car I needed.

Now a year later, I'm happy I bought it. I spent 40 bucks in maintenance since I bought it, cheap on gas and insurance(im 21) and everything works on it. Now I'm shopping for a summer fun car(miata) or a nicer car with more luxury.

dj06482
dj06482 Dork
2/18/13 8:31 p.m.

I had an AWD Toyota Matrix as a loaner from the dealer a few years ago, and I was pretty impressed with it. With a manual, I would consider it for a DD. I commute about 20K a year in a Toyota RAV4, and it's probably the sportiest vehicle we own right now (an Odyssey and Ram Quad Cab round out the fleet). I sold an E36 a few years back to free up some cash and trim the fleet in order to move to another house with a garage. We made the move last year, and although I still miss the E36, I'm sure there will be another fun car in the future. And right now I'm putting the garage to good use maintaining our vehicles...

Sometimes an appliance isn't a bad thing!

BlueFalcon
BlueFalcon New Reader
2/19/13 9:09 a.m.

Thank everyone for your responses. I am glad to hear that others have faced similar situations. The farther I get from the decision the happier I am about it (especially when thinking of the roll bar and tires I need to purchase for the Miata in the next couple months).

wbjones
wbjones UberDork
2/19/13 9:49 a.m.

keep her happy and those parts become easier to obtain

Blitzed306
Blitzed306 Reader
2/19/13 11:03 a.m.

Great first post. My DD is a 08 mazda 3 stick schift, Its fun, But I do miss my Mustang and Camaro and Fieros and Mr2 ect,,,,, I do motorcycles now. Its the only way I can REALLY get what I want budget wise. 10-15k gets a lot of new bike. where as its not much for a car

NewEdgePerf
NewEdgePerf New Reader
2/21/13 9:50 p.m.

Want to make that Matrix a little more fun? Progress makes a rear sway bar for it.

http://www.newedgeperformance.com/progress22mmrearswaybarkitfor03-06toyotacorollamatrixandpontiacvibe.aspx

Not responsible if your wife wants to start auto-crossing after installing this.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2Vi8Pkd2hUQHLsMlbQqT1DLbbxdcLpsLaJNyf1kViTZoRJzQSGDz2wV5ctYSKvvT