1 2 3
Bobzilla
Bobzilla SuperDork
2/16/12 2:42 p.m.
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote:
Bobzilla wrote: The NSX is a perfect example of Honda at work. They build a revolutionary, state of the art machine. Then sit on it for 15 years and do nothing. In 1991 the NSX was master of all. By 1998 it was old, slow and overpriced when compared to it's contemporaries. HAd Honda kept up with its development and made it faster, better, etc it would still be selling like hotcakes. Friggin Honda. They ruin EVERYTHING.
Well, if they did to it what they did after the last 15 years of the "good" Civics, i'm glad they didn't try to keep it going, personally.

Good call.

Argo1
Argo1 New Reader
2/16/12 2:48 p.m.
e_pie wrote: Drive one and it will change your mind.

Somehow I don't think it's handling will impress compared to an Elise and overall as compared to a 996 Turbo. Both of which I have driven.

MG Bryan
MG Bryan Dork
2/16/12 2:51 p.m.
Argo1 wrote: OK. I'll be the desenting opinion. I've never really been a NSX fan. When they were new the NSX was called the NoSeX because it was sooo boring. Nose styling more like a Mazda, over worked and styled rear and wing that shouted Buick. Interior was all Accord. V6 was very underwhelming for a "supercar". Insurance was sky high because of the aluminum body and structure. It was daily usable because it just a mid engined Accord. There were so many better choices available at the time... and still are.

I'm not going to debate the subjective stuff you said. A large number of people, including myself, disagree with your opinions though. The NSX is very much not an Accord though.

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac SuperDork
2/16/12 2:52 p.m.

A Corvette is just a low-slung Silverado. MEH.

MG Bryan
MG Bryan Dork
2/16/12 2:57 p.m.
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote: A Corvette is just a low-slung Silverado. MEH.

I laughed.

Also, an Elise is clearly a Corolla with a plastic body.

dculberson
dculberson HalfDork
2/16/12 3:14 p.m.

Bwaha! Love it.

A 996 Turbo is just a souped up Beetle. What idiot would pay that much money for a WWII era compromise. MEH!!!

(this is fun.)

MG Bryan
MG Bryan Dork
2/16/12 3:30 p.m.
dculberson wrote:
Bwaha! Love it. A 996 Turbo is just a souped up Beetle. What idiot would pay that much money for a WWII era compromise. MEH!!! (this is fun.)

Nonsense! A 996 is a clearly a poor copy of a Tatra with 2 doors and 2 cylinders removed!

(it is fun)

Twin_Cam
Twin_Cam SuperDork
2/16/12 3:33 p.m.

Those who don't like the NSX need only hear one at WOT passing 8K rpm in person. A Ferrari wails, a Corvette bellows, but an NSX...it composes entire symphonies between gear changes.

MG Bryan
MG Bryan Dork
2/16/12 3:35 p.m.
Twin_Cam wrote: Those who don't like the NSX need only hear one at WOT passing 8K rpm in person. A Ferrari wails, a Corvette bellows, but an NSX...it composes entire symphonies between gear changes.

And there's the allure of a car that will stand up to 300,000 miles of use and also turn 8,000 RPM.

e_pie
e_pie Reader
2/16/12 4:31 p.m.
Twin_Cam wrote: Those who don't like the NSX need only hear one at WOT passing 8K rpm in person. A Ferrari wails, a Corvette bellows, but an NSX...it composes entire symphonies between gear changes.

Yup

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1c0hdQbrBA4

It's still no GT3RS noise though

mad_machine
mad_machine SuperDork
2/16/12 4:34 p.m.

maybe not.. but definatly sounds very good

93EXCivic
93EXCivic SuperDork
2/16/12 4:40 p.m.

I really like Hondas but I have never wanted a NSX. For the same price there are so many other cars I would rather have.

Taiden
Taiden SuperDork
2/16/12 4:42 p.m.

Reminds me of this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqnuj58lFQI

Argo1
Argo1 New Reader
2/16/12 4:43 p.m.

I love poking a stick in the bee hive.

dculberson
dculberson HalfDork
2/16/12 6:53 p.m.

Bzzzz bzzzz

Mitchell
Mitchell SuperDork
2/16/12 7:30 p.m.

I'll slide the NSX next to the FT86 on my list of realistic dream cars. They fulfill a similar role of prioritizing balance and poise over power.

wrek496
wrek496 New Reader
2/16/12 7:54 p.m.

All I know is whenever I see one in real life I turn into a 14yr. old. They still look great.

DaewooOfDeath
DaewooOfDeath Dork
2/16/12 10:02 p.m.
Bobzilla wrote:
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote:
Bobzilla wrote: The NSX is a perfect example of Honda at work. They build a revolutionary, state of the art machine. Then sit on it for 15 years and do nothing. In 1991 the NSX was master of all. By 1998 it was old, slow and overpriced when compared to it's contemporaries. HAd Honda kept up with its development and made it faster, better, etc it would still be selling like hotcakes. Friggin Honda. They ruin EVERYTHING.
Well, if they did to it what they did after the last 15 years of the "good" Civics, i'm glad they didn't try to keep it going, personally.
Good call.

Case in point.

The sex: The celibacy:

mad_machine
mad_machine SuperDork
2/17/12 12:29 a.m.

I have to admit.. I prefer the older one with the pop up headlights

jimbob_racing
jimbob_racing Dork
2/17/12 4:54 a.m.
mad_machine wrote: I have to admit.. I prefer the older one with the pop up headlights

And the black roofs.

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit SuperDork
2/17/12 8:33 a.m.
93EXCivic wrote: I really like Hondas but I have never wanted a NSX. For the same price there are so many other cars I would rather have.

Me too. Its one of those cars that I know I should really like and want but don't.

For the record I also like the early ones much better.

MG Bryan
MG Bryan Dork
2/17/12 8:35 a.m.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
h9kJoxyq64RwQIrTtUMCx4JwM3oKr4iR0OkadHsreawJ3EHB5t1ckEWFpp95xceR