1 2
CobraSpdRH
CobraSpdRH Reader
8/4/15 8:06 a.m.

Was just catching up on my latest TMZ, err, CNBC news and found this fun little quip:

Jackson listed automobile assets of over $500,000, including a 1966 Chevrolet Coupe and a 2013 Suzuki Kizashi Sport. A previous filing revealed he leased a Bentley Mulsanne for more than $135,000.

Who would have thought 50 Cent would be rolling around in a Kizashi? Probably for when the Bentley was in the shop

For all we know he could be browsing the forums as we speak...

pinchvalve
pinchvalve MegaDork
8/4/15 8:27 a.m.

The Kisashi is THE car for ballers man, where you been?

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory UltraDork
8/4/15 8:43 a.m.

Rollin' in a Suzuki?

Should change his name to .50 Cent.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
8/4/15 9:07 a.m.

Celebrities like to have "normal" cars to keep the paparazzi off their backs. If you drive around in a supercar every day...well look at what happens to Justin Bieber all the time.

Black celebrities especially like "normal" cars to avoid getting pulled over by the cops. Even Chris Rock has this problem, and he doesn't dress like Fiddy...

spitfirebill
spitfirebill PowerDork
8/4/15 9:16 a.m.

As a side bar, where in the world would you get a Suzuki worked on now and how would you get parts??

Ranger50
Ranger50 PowerDork
8/4/15 9:22 a.m.
spitfirebill wrote: As a side bar, where in the world would you get a Suzuki worked on now and how would you get parts??

There is still a network for many yrs after a company quits selling in the U.S. I mean there is still a daihatsu outlet in Cali.... When was the last time they sold a new vehicle here? 1988?

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory UltraDork
8/4/15 9:55 a.m.
GameboyRMH wrote: Black celebrities especially like "normal" cars to avoid getting pulled over by the cops.

Oh snap!

slowride
slowride HalfDork
8/4/15 10:10 a.m.

Wasn't there an ad for a Suzuki that used a 50 Cent song? That was probably part of his payment.

Storz
Storz Dork
8/4/15 10:16 a.m.

I actually think its a decent looking car

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit UberDork
8/4/15 10:37 a.m.

In reply to Storz:

Me too.

chiodos
chiodos HalfDork
8/4/15 11:37 a.m.

Kizashi....turbo? Didnt know there was such a creature, I know some came awd...hmmm

spitfirebill
spitfirebill PowerDork
8/4/15 11:39 a.m.

After this came up I checked Craiglsist. There is a turbo 4wd in our area for $12k+

Mr_Clutch42
Mr_Clutch42 SuperDork
8/4/15 2:04 p.m.

Celebrities also probably have normal cars to keep the miles off their exotics, and to keep those repair bills down. Ferrari maintenance is still much more costly than Mazda maintenance.

old_
old_ Reader
8/4/15 3:08 p.m.

probably a car for the assistant/handler to drive

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 PowerDork
8/4/15 3:11 p.m.

Berkeley that E36 M3!

Cone_Junkie
Cone_Junkie SuperDork
8/4/15 3:22 p.m.

I'm guessing it's a car for one of his entourage or assistants. I can't see Fiddy driving a Suzuki.

captdownshift
captdownshift SuperDork
8/4/15 3:45 p.m.

In reply to spitfirebill:

manual?

spitfirebill
spitfirebill PowerDork
8/4/15 3:47 p.m.

Nope slushie

sobe_death
sobe_death HalfDork
8/4/15 4:43 p.m.

Ludacris still drives around in his '93 Acura Legend. I don't blame him, it's a sweet ride!

ssswitch
ssswitch HalfDork
8/4/15 5:25 p.m.

I think a Kizashi is an excellent choice for celebrities. You're not going to pull up to the restaurant and see another one parked there.

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed SuperDork
8/4/15 5:54 p.m.
ssswitch wrote: I think a Kizashi is an excellent choice for celebrities. You're not going to pull up to the restaurant and see another one parked there.

Or anywhere else you go either.

pimpm3
pimpm3 HalfDork
8/4/15 7:58 p.m.

My neighbor has one. Who would have thought an elderly white lady would have the same taste as Fiddy

I too like how the Kizashi looks...

yupididit
yupididit HalfDork
8/4/15 8:05 p.m.

$12,000 a month for child support?

Furious_E
Furious_E Reader
8/4/15 8:49 p.m.

Isn't Ludacris in some financial trouble? Maybe the Legend is all he can afford

I drove a Kizashi once, even have a T-shirt to prove it. At the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix (cool event BTW) a few years ago, they had a little auto x course set up a few blocks away where you could drive one back to back with an A4 and some other less interesting cars that I don't remember. My lap went something like this:

Me: "So it's cool if I get on it a little bit right?"

Suzuki Rep: "Yea, sure, drive it as hard as you like."

Me: BWAAAAH, SCREEEECH, BWAAAAH

Suzuki Rep: "Sir! You need to slow down!"

Me: "But you said I could get on it!"

Suzuki Rep: "We're done!"

I didn't get to drive the Audi afterwards

Understeered like a pig is all I remember, otherwise a totally forgettable car. Styling is like a mkVI Jetta knock off. If only Suzuki could build cars like they build bikes - I love my Bandit 600.

neon4891
neon4891 UltimaDork
8/4/15 10:27 p.m.
Furious_E wrote: If only Suzuki could build cars like they build bikes - I love my Bandit 600.

+1 million

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
146GBYAb6jcSQJ3ziX9zX1M0YjrlWIHHkB5G7LPZ0r17mVpgBlZ1tGx22Uj1zmpR