1 2
bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
10/7/14 7:23 a.m.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/ken-block-spied-filming-gymkhana-7-wave-goodbye-to-his-fiesta-say-hello-to-the-worlds-most-bad-ass-1960s-mustang/

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory SuperDork
10/7/14 7:32 a.m.

I approve of his new ride!

Storz
Storz Dork
10/7/14 7:35 a.m.

A fire breathing AWD 60's Mustang with velocity stacks, whats not to like!!

bgkast
bgkast SuperDork
10/7/14 9:22 a.m.

Weird to see smoke pouring out from all 4 wheels of a mustang.

Storz
Storz Dork
10/7/14 9:56 a.m.

MUSTANG

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
10/7/14 11:14 a.m.

FIESTA

DaveEstey
DaveEstey PowerDork
10/7/14 11:18 a.m.

Eh. Same tricks, different makeup.

jsquared
jsquared Reader
10/7/14 11:35 a.m.

Looks like it was fairly heavily channeled (is that the right term? Cut out floorboard and shorten the chassis vertically... look at where the fender meets the hood/trunk, like a JGTC car). I'd be interested to see if they used anything off the shelf for the AWD or some crazy-$ bespoke setup.

Interested to see how the next video turns out...

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt UberDork
10/7/14 11:43 a.m.
bgkast wrote: Weird to see smoke pouring out from all 4 wheels of a mustang.

Someone tried it back when they were new:

http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2014/07/03/one-of-three-ferguson-all-wheel-drive-mustangs-visits-the-saratoga-automobile-museum/

http://bangshift.com/general-news/amazing-find-an-all-wheel-drive-1965-mustang-built-in-1965/

Storz
Storz Dork
10/7/14 11:57 a.m.

I could look at pics of this thing all day long, to me its what an aggressive "sports" (whatever you wanna call it) car should look like. It just has that 'I am going to kill you if you mess up' look to it

Storz
Storz Dork
10/7/14 11:59 a.m.

I can't wait until we get some true pro photos and more info on the car.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
10/7/14 11:59 a.m.

I don't care what it is. I enjoy his videos.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
10/7/14 12:12 p.m.
N Sperlo wrote: I don't care what it is. I enjoy his videos.

What? You dont automatically hate him cuz he wears his hat funny? Get off my lawn?

/Hater-aide Sarcasm

kevlarcorolla
kevlarcorolla HalfDork
10/7/14 12:27 p.m.

I LOVE early mustang pro touring look but not this one,too much hodge podge going on.I'd love to drive though.

BlueInGreen44
BlueInGreen44 Reader
10/7/14 12:34 p.m.

I've always liked Ken Block. He's done great things for the popularity and exposure of motorsport. He's just not great at driving a rally car on a rally stage.

And the "Mustang" is sweet.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
10/7/14 1:11 p.m.

In reply to 4cylndrfury:

Somehow I reported that (giving it a -1) so to make up for it, I gave it a +1 which obviously equals 1?

Anyway, just cuz I like him doesn't mean I get to stop making fun of him.

mad_machine
mad_machine MegaDork
10/7/14 4:37 p.m.
Storz wrote: I could look at pics of this thing all day long, to me its what an aggressive "sports" (whatever you wanna call it) car should look like. It just has that 'I am going to kill you if you mess up' look to it

looks more like it should be chasing down the last of the V8 interceptors

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
10/7/14 5:24 p.m.

Ken is totally living the dream. I'd like to think I'd do exactly the same. Although I'm not gonna start wearing flat bill caps because of it

Love the wheelwell and underbody aero for a car that will be spending all of its time sideways.

LopRacer
LopRacer HalfDork
10/7/14 9:21 p.m.

I like the guy, he is doing what he wants because he can and because he can afford it. I wish I could afford to really chase my passion.

jmthunderbirdturbo
jmthunderbirdturbo HalfDork
10/8/14 1:24 a.m.

Am i the only one who could do without those wheels?

i am 100% on board with everything else in this thread, but those wheels look like cheap ferarri knock-offs for a kit car on a fiero frame... barf.

-J0N

Storz
Storz Dork
10/8/14 6:18 a.m.
mad_machine wrote:
Storz wrote: I could look at pics of this thing all day long, to me its what an aggressive "sports" (whatever you wanna call it) car should look like. It just has that 'I am going to kill you if you mess up' look to it
looks more like it should be chasing down the last of the V8 interceptors

I am a child of the (early) 80s, I can't even count how many times I've watched Mad Max :)

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi SuperDork
10/8/14 7:09 a.m.
jmthunderbirdturbo wrote: Am i the only one who could do without those wheels? i am 100% on board with everything else in this thread, but those wheels look like cheap ferarri knock-offs for a kit car on a fiero frame... barf. -J0N

Those are 1552 wheels, they will build whatever you want and make the Tarmac wheels that are on his other car. Oddly enough those wheels are the inverse of one of my favorite styles that they make.

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
10/8/14 8:43 a.m.

That is just about the most un-Mustangy Mustang I've ever seen. That thing looks mean.

Agree that he seems like a good guy who is living the dream. I can still make fun of how he wears his hats though.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
10/8/14 9:10 a.m.

Yeah it looks nice, but this is even less of a "Mustang" than his old car was a "Fiesta."

NGTD
NGTD SuperDork
10/8/14 12:39 p.m.
LopRacer wrote: I like the guy, he is doing what he wants because he can and because OTHERS can afford it. I wish I could afford to really chase my passion.

FTFY - Block doesn't use his money to do this stuff. He is a marketing machine.

I think that is what causes so many people to "hate" him.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
tBQcueZVmwBreCpGm1Vlvcm8C7rgVDEm0d4OHYXahqTXuRaxaNYcJGsKVZoOIADX