1 2
failboat
failboat UltraDork
3/4/15 6:44 a.m.
mndsm wrote:
rcutclif wrote: I'll just add this (maybe the 300c front end swaps right on):
It does.

And it was actually sold in other markets that way. http://www.topgear.com/uk/chrysler/300c/road-test/touring-srt-8

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson UltimaDork
3/4/15 7:36 a.m.
failboat wrote:
mndsm wrote:
It does.
And it was actually sold in other markets that way. http://www.topgear.com/uk/chrysler/300c/road-test/touring-srt-8

You learn something new every day! That would look awesome in metalic black, but for the flying spaghetti monsters sake don't add black wheels as well.

racerdave600
racerdave600 SuperDork
3/4/15 10:41 a.m.

I drove one around Barber once a few years ago, it was a seriously nice car. Great brakes!

CobraSpdRH
CobraSpdRH New Reader
3/4/15 1:13 p.m.

Can't you get the non-SRT for a fraction of the price and easily match the hp #'s with a few bolt-ons? I remember looking for an SRT Magnum but noticing how cheap and easy it would be to replicate with a Hemi Magnum instead (and those replica Viper wheels, of course).

D2W
D2W New Reader
3/4/15 1:26 p.m.

So you want us to talk you out of a glorious high horsepower interstate cruiser? You know exactly what you are getting and what you are not. I personally prefer the caddy, but this is your car not mine. Go for it!

RossD
RossD PowerDork
3/4/15 1:51 p.m.

My old man had a '10(?) Charger R/T AWD with the Road and Track Pack. I can't imagine SRT version. Instead of getting 2.5 seconds of full throttle fun, you get 1.8 seconds of full throttle fun. Seriously glorious noises but you had to check your speed. Even with the AWD, it would lay down some good rear wheel drive rubber then the fronts would say 'ok you redneck, it's time to get a move on' and it would hit light speed without effort.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/4/15 1:59 p.m.
Adrian_Thompson wrote:
failboat wrote:
mndsm wrote:
It does.
You learn something new every day! That would look awesome in metalic black, but for the flying spaghetti monsters sake don't add black wheels as well.

That said, I wonder what a Magnum front clip would look like on the 300 sedan?

Edit: Not bad. Ignore the wheels.

92dxman
92dxman Dork
3/4/15 2:14 p.m.

Someone I work with has one of these in black and i'm sure it goes for stink. It was a steaming bargain what they got it for and I think he gets somewhere around 17-18 mpg in it. Not too for what its worth I guess.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy UberDork
3/4/15 5:19 p.m.

HOLD THE PHONE! They offered the R/T with AWD? That sounds like scads of fun.

Junkyard_Dog
Junkyard_Dog SuperDork
3/4/15 5:59 p.m.

So with some parts swapping it is possible to get a Hemi AWD 300 wagon?

If it had a manual it would check all the boxes! No chance such a beast exists in other markets (making it at least technically possible to build one), is there?

rcutclif
rcutclif HalfDork
3/4/15 6:24 p.m.
Junkyard_Dog wrote: So with some parts swapping it is possible to get a Hemi AWD 300 wagon? If it had a manual it would check all the boxes! No chance such a beast exists in other markets (making it at least technically possible to build one), is there?

I dunno about manual trans (there are 6 speed challengers), but you can get a valve body and TCM upgrade for fully sequential action When I shift you shift we shift

Greg Voth
Greg Voth Dork
3/4/15 6:30 p.m.

http://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/4914230460.html

Just do it.

CobraSpdRH
CobraSpdRH New Reader
3/5/15 8:51 a.m.

In reply to Greg Voth:

Wow, that is cheap! I thought these were still in the teens.

Storz
Storz Dork
3/7/15 6:21 a.m.

My car is paid off in October, its game time at that point.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zSG8Bl4DgOBY1IE5yDzSEzkfxSXCQjWi7h2Lek6PiWoEtITiuxTcRMGcnF5mV9Yf