fasted58
fasted58 PowerDork
5/25/14 1:59 p.m.

good call on red flag

let 'em race to the finish

dean1484
dean1484 UltimaDork
5/25/14 2:00 p.m.

Red flag!!!! The "Nascar" influence is comming to indy cars. What next green white cheacker.

On the other hand I want to see this end under green.

You all see how pumped Mr. Penske was at the pass for the lead.

CrashDummy
CrashDummy Reader
5/25/14 2:03 p.m.

Kurt's never driven an indycar in a race before and he's sitting P6!

dean1484
dean1484 UltimaDork
5/25/14 2:05 p.m.

Think I spoke too soon they are welding the safer barrier back together.

fasted58
fasted58 PowerDork
5/25/14 2:06 p.m.

Did they just use a MIG welder to repair the outer safety wall?

Only caught a glimpse...

nicksta43
nicksta43 UltraDork
5/25/14 2:06 p.m.

Sitting here trying to explain the Race and why it's important and all the history to someone who just doesn't get it and is closed minded is very frustrating.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi SuperDork
5/25/14 2:07 p.m.
dean1484 wrote: Think I spoke too soon they are welding the safer barrier back together.

Wonder if the foam barrier melts as they weld the outer metal?

dean1484
dean1484 UltimaDork
5/25/14 2:09 p.m.

Wondering if they make it through t1. It is all take at this point No give nad take at all at this point. Going to be exciting. BTW my 9 year old some has watched every lap with me and he seems to be getting in to this as well. Asking great questions and actually "getting it" I think we got another race fan!!!!

nicksta43
nicksta43 UltraDork
5/25/14 2:16 p.m.

I don't want to see the berkeleying wifes and girlfriends. SHOWBTHE berkeleyING RACE!

dean1484
dean1484 UltimaDork
5/25/14 2:24 p.m.

what a last couple of laps Just great!!!!

dean1484
dean1484 UltimaDork
5/25/14 2:26 p.m.

2nd closest finish on 500 history!!!

ChrisR
ChrisR New Reader
5/25/14 2:27 p.m.

Now THAT makes me happy!!! An American winning the great American race!

fasted58
fasted58 PowerDork
5/25/14 2:29 p.m.

Great finish!

was pullin' for Helio at the end tho

and Kurt Busch (R) finished P6... wow.

racerfink
racerfink SuperDork
5/25/14 2:42 p.m.

Hmmm... Danica LED her rookie year. And finished fourth.

dean1484
dean1484 UltimaDork
5/25/14 2:44 p.m.

Like Heilio's coment at the end. #2 is really good and #2 really sucks. Could not put it any better.

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 SuperDork
5/25/14 2:46 p.m.

In reply to racerfink:

It was a joke, lighten up Francis.

nicksta43
nicksta43 UltraDork
5/25/14 2:47 p.m.

I seriously would do bodily harm to whomever decided to go split screen for two of the last three laps to show the wife/girlfriends. Absolutely ridiculous, they should be fired. Cut to them once or twice, I'm fine with that. I mean come on, with that kind of racing going on...just pisses me off.

Thanks alot Ashley Judd.

racerfink
racerfink SuperDork
5/25/14 2:56 p.m.

As was the banter I replied with.

dean1484
dean1484 UltimaDork
5/25/14 3:01 p.m.

Ashley Judd for ever changed the finish of the Indy 500.

whenry
whenry New Reader
5/25/14 3:21 p.m.

Great day for racing. GP of Monaco, Indy and the 600. I am finishing up the GP between Indy and the 600. I hate that Mercedes is dominating but for Rosberg to win is great. Just about choked when they said that Rosberg was German. He grew up in Monaco and they never called Niki a German in his day. But they have the German flag beside his name????

oldsaw
oldsaw PowerDork
5/25/14 3:47 p.m.

In reply to whenry:

Indy had a great finish! I found myself pulling for Marco, saw that he was conspicuously absent from post-race interviews and then figured he was too busy crying in his trailer - again.

Lots of drivers reside in Monaco for tax purposes and run under the flag of their birth country; it doesn't matter have long they have lived there.

I'm thinking someone's "eye problem" was caused by stinging tears from the agony of defeat.

alfadriver
alfadriver PowerDork
5/25/14 4:25 p.m.

Fun ending to the 500- the red flag did seem appropriate- being that they needed to repair the wall. Great to see the drivers mostly go quite clean- all but one accident was a single car thing.

Not sure why Busch's result is that big of a shock, TV guys. Just because he drives NASCAR does not mean he's a bad driver. I'm no fan of watching Cup races, but they are really good at what they do, and I suspect many could step into a car, and with practice like for the 500, do really well.

BTW, Rosberg is a Finn!! (at least he should be- his dad was the first Finn to win the drivers WC.

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler Dork
5/25/14 8:35 p.m.
nicksta43 wrote: I seriously would do bodily harm to whomever decided to go split screen for two of the last three laps to show the wife/girlfriends. Absolutely ridiculous, they should be fired. Cut to them once or twice, I'm fine with that. I mean come on, with that kind of racing going on...just pisses me off. Thanks alot Ashley Judd.

This times 1000.

But anyhow, great race. Those cars race really well. Kurt did a fantastic job, stayed out of trouble and finished in the top 10. Even though Marco is a punk, I would have liked to see his family win the 500 again, so I was pulling for him. But, nothing wrong with RHR, either.

vwcorvette
vwcorvette Dork
5/25/14 8:47 p.m.

I liked RHRs interview at the end. American driver, great American race, where American car companies come to race. All the while Honda emblazoned across his chest.

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler Dork
5/25/14 8:56 p.m.

If you want to let ABC know how you feel about the split screen BS with the wives, here is the place to do it: http://abc.go.com/feedback

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vmoWG4hmTdDJlqrZqOY2ThqlV20OsagfC0qtF7em7vuiMnhoJQ7Irtz6BwfUlrFF