1 2 3 4
trigun7469
trigun7469 UltraDork
4/12/22 3:23 p.m.

I thought this was pretty funny

Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter)
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
5/14/22 6:01 p.m.

If you missed today's Indy Grand Prix, find a way to watch it. There's nothing like a wet-dry-wet race to shake things up.

racerfink
racerfink UltraDork
5/14/22 8:54 p.m.

I think you need at least one more wet-dry in there.  Made for some really gutsy calls up and down pit lane.

Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter)
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/14/22 9:12 p.m.

Despite the yellows, there was some stunning on track action.  Some of the passes, catches, saves were amazing.  

ShinnyGroove (Forum Supporter)
ShinnyGroove (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
5/14/22 9:16 p.m.

Watched the race, made me wonder why I even pay attention to F1. So much action and strategy.  40 laps into the race the gap from leader to the back of the pack was 12 seconds. Great racing. 

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
5/15/22 9:23 a.m.

I guarantee the strategists all went back to the hotel and cried in the shower after that one. 

Young Mr. Herta is quite a shoe, isn't he?

5/15/22 9:58 a.m.
Streetwiseguy said:

Young Mr. Herta is quite a shoe, isn't he?

I'm struggling to think of the last time I was this excited about a young American driver. He's pretty special.

JimS
JimS Reader
5/15/22 5:44 p.m.

I've become an indycar fan again. Too bad the cars are so ugly. 

5/16/22 8:50 a.m.

Now people understand why Michael wanted to take him to F1 when he was trying to buy Hass.  McLaren have already given Pato a test in an F1 car, and Colton is getting one later.  These two 'American'(*) drivers, plus Palou, are certainly making the world take notice of Indycar again.  

(*) Note.  American referring to the content, like 'European' drivers, this country is the Unites States, not America, easy for us to forget day to day.

Let's not forget that Pato beat Colton to the Indy lights title, and I have zero doubt Colton is the real deal, so is PAto.  Imagine if Pato had the kind of experience at SPAM that Colton has at AA?  Great things in the future for both drivers.

Region_Rat
Region_Rat New Reader
5/16/22 9:43 a.m.

It was incredible being there to watch but I definitely need to find it on TV to see it all.  Herta is something special for sure.

trigun7469
trigun7469 UltraDork
5/16/22 10:07 a.m.

That was a great race. I was at the IMSA race at Mid-O and was shocked to see JPM there, he looked tired and was his usual cranky self.

Advan046
Advan046 UltraDork
5/18/22 12:27 a.m.
trigun7469 said:

That was a great race. I was at the IMSA race at Mid-O and was shocked to see JPM there, he looked tired and was his usual cranky self.

LOL yes I saw him when in Toronto a handful of years ago. It was either a week before or after the GP and he just has a "resting tired face" I think.

Jim Pettengill
Jim Pettengill HalfDork
5/22/22 10:49 p.m.

Terrific pole run by Dixon!  234+ average!  Also a hell of a save by Johnson, along with getting faster afterward.  He can drive the ovals.  Several other impressive performances, the 500 should be really interesting.

5/23/22 9:32 a.m.

In reply to Jim Pettengill :

I couldn't believe JJ's save, and still recovered for a four lap average of 231.264 when his first lap with that save was 229.94.  That was truly an amazing run. 

trigun7469
trigun7469 UltraDork
5/23/22 9:44 a.m.

In reply to Jim Pettengill :

The Chip cars seem really fast, I am hoping for a exciting race and a dark horse winner.

5/23/22 10:26 a.m.

You gotta love Dixie. Comes up last and just lays the smack down on all the youngsters. Still showing everyone how it's done.

stroker
stroker UberDork
5/23/22 10:54 a.m.

I really, really want to be a fan ever since Roger Penske bought the IMS and the series, but I just can't get past the Spec Series aspect.  As soon as they get multiple chassis or some form of independent team chassis development I will jump in with both feet.  Until then, I just can't summon any passion for Indycar.  

5/23/22 11:07 a.m.

So who do we want / believe is going to drink the milk next weekend?

For me, I always root for Pato / SPAM, but I'll be happy whoever wins in.  I can't help thinking that Dixie is due his second.  It's unbelievable that he's third on the all time laps lead list, more than Mario or Michael, yet still hasn't got his second win.  

Others I'd love to see win.  Palo, JJ, Colton, Sato, Helio, heck, the only one I'm not root for is Ferrucci, but to me he's Indy cars equivalent of a wrestling heel, the guy you love to hate.  Also, I've never rooted for Will Power, nothing against him, just never been that keen on him.  But damn the guy's got his head game sorted this year and is really performing.  IT would be good to see another of the old guys really put it to the youngsters.

One last thing that would get me excommunicated in some circles, I'd love to see Helio get five, if only to show AJ that he isn't in fact god.

Come on, it's America and the biggest race there is, lets have some good natured smack talk going for the next few days.  

jmabarone
jmabarone Reader
5/23/22 11:43 a.m.

I was really worried about JJ's reactions with him trying to run Indy.  That save was insane!  Ganassi has an awesome setup for the 500.  The race should be pretty entertaining.  

I love Dixon and would love to see him win another one.  Helio getting another win would be pretty awesome for him and Shank.  I doubt he would do it but Jimmie winning would be absolutely insane.  

RX Reven'
RX Reven' UltraDork
5/23/22 2:48 p.m.

In reply to Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) :

#1. Dixon because he's the best.

#2.  Veekay because he pulled my daughter into watching the Indy series

Sato = 

Image - 2265] | Do Want / Do Not Want | Know Your Meme

Because he cheats and for some reason, has been allowed to get away with it for far too long.

racerfink
racerfink UltraDork
5/23/22 4:21 p.m.
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) said:

You gotta love Dixie. Comes up last and just lays the smack down on all the youngsters. Still showing everyone how it's done.

Him going last certainly gave him an advantage.  His engine and trans temps had the most time to cool .  His engine had a much better chance to make maximum  power than the others.

5/23/22 6:09 p.m.
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) said:

One last thing that would get me excommunicated in some circles, I'd love to see Helio get five, if only to show AJ that he isn't in fact god.

Helio only has three, and yes I'm going to die on this hill. laugh

It'd be pretty cool to see Dixie get a second one. Jimmie winning would be insane. I wouldn't count either of them, or any of the other Ganassi guys out, they seem to have the speed this time around. But I wouldn't count out Roger's boys, either. Newgarden needs a 500 win on his resume.

rob_lewis
rob_lewis UberDork
5/23/22 8:09 p.m.
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) said:

So who do we want / believe is going to drink the milk next weekend?

For me, I always root for Pato / SPAM, but I'll be happy whoever wins in.

I'll be rooting for Pato like I do in every race he's in.  He's a great kid (ok, I guess guy now that he's older) and has always been wicked fast in anything with four wheels.   Of course, I may be just a smidgen biased......

That's my son in the kart at his first SuperNationals getting some last minute advice before the final.....

-Rob

5/24/22 8:58 a.m.

In reply to rob_lewis :

Man, that absolutely rocks, what an awesome thing.

I root for Pato for several reasons.  He was outstanding in Lights, fought every ones favorite Colton Herta (another outstanding driver and person, no criticism, he rocks) to the end and won.  Got bounced around by teams at the start of his first Indy car season, joined then was let go by the rouge cow development program before ending up back in Indy cars.  But it's his car control that I love.  I know absolute smoothness is the way to go, but when he's on the absolute ragged edge he does and catches some amazing things.  He's just a really impressive and entertaining driver to watch with a great wide eyed personality.  And of course he drives for McLaren, and having been a life long McLaren fan that just seals it for me.  

trigun7469
trigun7469 UltraDork
5/24/22 10:35 a.m.

In reply to Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) :

Pato's driving reminds me of a young JPM, his personality it obviously a lot better as JPM is a jerk laugh

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
nNbBRINICfQnu6my47qi0UqkSpWFdtwhb7vM3Yi27ijsOBLC4sv9qNO1mCnMtG5b