1 2 3 4 5
Rons
Rons Dork
7/11/23 11:31 a.m.

In reply to DeadSkunk (Warren) :

You could come out west and visit your parents - fly and drive?

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) UltimaDork
7/11/23 8:54 p.m.
Rons said:

You could come out west and visit your parents - fly and drive?

LOL. How did you remember that detail? Unfortunately, Mom is the only one left, but I do need to get out there soon.

Rons
Rons Dork
7/11/23 11:22 p.m.

At times it's as if I live the Quebec license plate - Je me souviens (spelling?)

gunner (Forum Supporter)
gunner (Forum Supporter) Dork
7/12/23 7:09 a.m.

To answer the earlier question about transmissions The 3 speed was sold up to and including 2002 in the CE Corolla whereas the LE and S had 4 speed autos. the manual was available in all flavors. The easy button for decent suspension is koni yellows but you need either the original struts to cut up or kyb units, which are basically the same as factory struts. Do not use tein lowering springs they are junk but any of the other established brands are pretty good.  If you get a manual change out the hydraulic fluid asap because I almost guarantee its never been done.  I bought my 2001 5 speed brand new and still drive it. If I was a bit closer to Florida this would be amazing.

Lof8 - Andy
Lof8 - Andy UltraDork
7/12/23 9:49 a.m.

In reply to gunner (Forum Supporter) :

Are you talking about the trans fluid or the clutch hydraulic fluid?  I suppose changing both is a good idea.  

gunner (Forum Supporter)
7/12/23 10:31 a.m.

In reply to Lof8 - Andy :

The clutch hydraulic fluid. At least the transmission fluid sometimes gets changed whereas the clutch fluid is usually forgotten along with the brake fluid. Btw I read somewhere else that the manual transmissions are getting thin on the ground,  not sure if that's really true but on that note I highly recommend redline fluid in the transmission.

DudeWhatsMyCar
DudeWhatsMyCar New Reader
7/12/23 4:35 p.m.

Hello all!

Got a couple questions of what would be allowed.

So only e101 and e111 chassis(no ae92 or ae82)? Would any 4A or 7A series engines be allowed, like the 4AGE bigport or would it be only the engines available between 93-2002 like the Smallport? No JDM variants in that same generation, like the 4age 20v? Or would the only engines allowed be 4afe, 7afe and 1zzfe? Sorry lots of questions but I've been waiting on something like this for awhile.

Lof8 - Andy
Lof8 - Andy UltraDork
7/12/23 5:02 p.m.

In reply to DudeWhatsMyCar :

Hey Dude, we're looking at US chassis and engines from 93-2002. Our goal is to keep things super cheap, simple and accessible.  

DudeWhatsMyCar
7/12/23 5:31 p.m.

Awesome, thanks for the reply! So the 4AFE, 7AFE, and the 1ZZFE and any corolla based chassis from 93-02.

Lof8 - Andy
Lof8 - Andy UltraDork
7/12/23 6:00 p.m.
DudeWhatsMyCar said:

Awesome, thanks for the reply! So the 4AFE, 7AFE, and the 1ZZFE and any corolla based chassis from 93-02.

You got it. yes

also, looks like you're brand new on the forum, did you join for Corolla Cup discussion?  If so, how'd you hear about it?

Asphalt_Gundam
Asphalt_Gundam HalfDork
7/12/23 6:31 p.m.

I raced a Corolla last weekend....

Lof8 - Andy
Lof8 - Andy UltraDork
7/12/23 7:27 p.m.

In reply to Asphalt_Gundam :

That looks super fun!!  Howd she hold up?

Asphalt_Gundam
Asphalt_Gundam HalfDork
7/13/23 7:18 a.m.

Took some hard hits but but held together and was pretty fast when I figured out the track. Didn't qualify first round but drove it through the 16+ car last chance and $100 rounds to finish much higher than I started. Then my brothers GF qualified with it for the powderpuff race and took 3rd even after blowing out a tire.

It was definitely about survival while still trying to go fast. The Corolla was brawler when contact happened and held up better than many other cars

DudeWhatsMyCar
7/13/23 9:07 a.m.

Yeah I joined for the corolla cup. I was guided here by my coworker at diyautotune who knows my love for racing 90's Toyota's and Nissan's. Always loved the corolla chassis, just a little work and they handle great!

81cpcamaro
81cpcamaro SuperDork
7/13/23 9:26 a.m.
DudeWhatsMyCar said:

Yeah I joined for the corolla cup. I was guided here by my coworker at diyautotune who knows my love for racing 90's Toyota's and Nissan's. Always loved the corolla chassis, just a little work and they handle great!

Yea, I'm the guilty party who set him loose on here. I am not responsible for his actions, just putting that out ahead of time. cheeky

gunner (Forum Supporter)
7/13/23 10:11 a.m.

That is a photo of me autocrossing the Rolla back in 2004 or 2005. Those are first gen prelude wheels a buddy loaned me with r-comps. That car won the regional championships in h stock in 2005 and 2007. Ironically with me driving. One of the best 4 door chassis of the 90's-00's. With a bigger development base and better driver I was confident it would best a mini in class.

Lof8 - Andy
Lof8 - Andy UltraDork
7/13/23 10:40 a.m.
DudeWhatsMyCar said:

I'm pretty blown away how good they can handle with just a little work.  At the last lemons race, I could out brake and out corner about 90% of the field.  Straight line speed is what held us to mid pack.  Lol.  It took me 3 driving stints to figure out just how hard I could throw it into the corners.  

DudeWhatsMyCar
7/13/23 11:34 a.m.

Yeah, I completely understand. My first experience was with the AE92 sedan Chassis, I put gts control arms with whiteline swaybars and the old Techno Toy Tuning weld-in coilover kit with koni yellows and after that I fell in love with how much you can throw them around and still hold the line. Now I'll be getting my ZZE111 chassis ready for this!

Lof8 - Andy
Lof8 - Andy UltraDork
7/13/23 11:53 a.m.

Post some pics!

CyberEric
CyberEric Dork
7/13/23 1:05 p.m.

I've always loved the way yours looks with those wheels, Gunner. I'd love to see a pic.

DudeWhatsMyCar
7/13/23 1:32 p.m.

DudeWhatsMyCar
7/13/23 1:33 p.m.

This was right after I picked it up, replaced the wheels, engine and trans. Lightweight flywheel and amazon suspension is all it has at the moment.

Lof8 - Andy
Lof8 - Andy UltraDork
7/13/23 1:49 p.m.

Both look sweet!

DudeWhatsMyCar
7/13/23 2:26 p.m.

Thank you, the ae92 is a 20v hence all the original questions. I was trying to determine which chassis to focus on lol

gunner (Forum Supporter)
7/13/23 4:21 p.m.

In reply to CyberEric :

I doubt I could find more pics with the prelude wheels but look at the garage in my profile for a few pics with lowering springs and the 16x7 wheels.

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ebWWfzx68AjYxICqFj5PERenhVE11epnxJtjHQPDnKaRwE0LJScBcP1O9BVsCpI0