1 2
hobiercr
hobiercr Reader
9/15/09 4:03 p.m.

HD Theatre is the best! Just got done watching the GT Racer episode from The Ring. This is now my current favorite car show. The mixture of in-car, driver interaction and track footage is awesome, not to mention the sound! That Bizzarrini sounds too amazing.

I enjoy Wheeler Dealers if only for knowing that Edd is working for free. Leepu and Bernie can keep their crap cans...

81gtv6
81gtv6 Reader
9/15/09 4:23 p.m.

I also saw a show called "Secret Club of Speed". The one I saw was about a Ferrari Club race at Lime Rock. Good stuff.

flountown
flountown New Reader
9/15/09 4:46 p.m.

Even though it is about a GP Moto company, "Birth of a Racer" is an excellent look into the engineering and business side of a racing team. If you happen to catch the 2-hour version I highly reccomend taking the time to watch it.

speedblind
speedblind Reader
9/15/09 11:28 p.m.

The 325 show was great. Gotta love a show that will put an E30 on TV. Pretty decent episode too. This just proves that we need GRM TV...how much better would it be if they actually improved the dynamics of the car vs. a few bolt-ons to correct the major issues.

Birth of a Racer was very cool. Unbelievable amount of engineering that went into that bike.

gamby
gamby SuperDork
9/15/09 11:57 p.m.

Wheeler Dealers is pure GRM. Show is perfect.

I just saw GT Racer for the first time last week (Nurburgring) and I thought it was amazing. I was going to bring up a discussion about it here on the board but I never got around to it. Those dudes are living the life...

carguy123
carguy123 Dork
9/16/09 8:27 a.m.

I watched the Nurburgring GT Racer last night and realized I'd seen GT Racer before. Last year they ran an episode as a special. I've set up to record the series.

Josh
Josh HalfDork
9/16/09 10:05 a.m.
gamby wrote: Wheeler Dealers is pure GRM. Show is perfect.

Right down to the part where they lose money/get paid $2 an hour for their time on every project .

G_Stock
G_Stock New Reader
9/16/09 3:12 p.m.
Josh wrote:
Right down to the part where they lose money/get paid $2 an hour for their time on every project .

Ain't that the truth! I watched the rerun of the E30 episode Tuesday and just had to laugh at the 100 quid "profit" they made. Now they have made some bigger profits form other cars (notably the MK1 MR2) but for the most part it's chump change. At least they recognize they're really doing it just to see a classic get some new life breathed into it.

RossD
RossD HalfDork
9/16/09 3:22 p.m.

How about when they only got half of their money out of that little Suzuki Sidekick (Sj140?) because it could pass MOT. Ha!

Hatzenbach
Hatzenbach New Reader
9/16/09 4:55 p.m.
RossD wrote: Whats Speed Channel?

I think it's now called the NASCAR channel. I am so with you, man. The only reason why I still have the NASCAR channel is as they show the F1 races. I think back of the times when they showed real motorsport and not just stupid reality shows and NASCAR, NASCAR, NASCAR A few weeks in the "Speed report" they had like 30 minute of coverage of a NASCAR race that did n't happen as it was rained out, meaning they devoted more time to an event that DIDN"T happen as to anything else ...

hobiercr
hobiercr Reader
9/16/09 5:05 p.m.
Hatzenbach wrote:
RossD wrote: Whats Speed Channel?
A few weeks in the "Speed report" they had like 30 minute of coverage of a NASCAR race that did n't happen as it was rained out, meaning they devoted more time to an event that DIDN"T happen as to anything else ...

That made me think of this wonderful article from "The Onion".. Professional Racing Drivers In 2-Ton Cars Terrified By Droplets Of Water

digdug18
digdug18 New Reader
9/18/09 11:54 p.m.

Speed and HD Theater are 2 different channels, my G/f works at comcast, specifically with the guide and DVR's and I asked her. She says that HD Theater buys programming that is in HD to fill its time slots, and says that they have been doing a motorsports theme as of lately to try to catch viewers looking for that kind of content in HD, you'll notice that in the morning they play non-motorsports related programming.

And BTW, please keep paying your comcast bills, I enjoy getting the free cable/internet/phone...

Andrew

z31maniac
z31maniac Dork
9/19/09 12:25 a.m.
mrhappy wrote: WRC is suppose to be coming on in October!

Don't tease me. That would be fantastic.

If I could get WRC and DTM/BTCC along with F1 life would be amazing.

hobiercr
hobiercr Reader
9/19/09 9:26 a.m.

Was watching HDT this am and the WRC IS coming, starting October 4th!!!!!

seanmc
seanmc None
9/21/09 9:54 p.m.

(shameless plug from a long-time lurker, with apologies):

Yes, it's true. But wait: there's more! Coverage will kick off at 3pm Eastern on Oct 4 with 6 hours of new programming:

3p Greatest Stages 4p Daring Drives 5p Greatest Cars 6p Top Ten: Spectacular Crashes 7p 2009 Season Preview 8p Rally Ireland (round 1)

Details available from the good folks at Jalopnik and Autoweek.

Call your cable or satellite provider! Tell your friends! Tell your enemies!

And...enjoy.

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
9/22/09 10:02 a.m.
seanmc wrote: (shameless plug from a long-time lurker, with apologies): Yes, it's true. But wait: there's more! Coverage will kick off at 3pm Eastern on Oct 4 with ***6 hours*** of new programming: 3p Greatest Stages 4p Daring Drives 5p Greatest Cars 6p Top Ten: Spectacular Crashes 7p 2009 Season Preview 8p Rally Ireland (round 1) Details available from the good folks at Jalopnik and Autoweek. Call your cable or satellite provider! Tell your friends! Tell your enemies! And...enjoy.

Gee, with programming like that, advertising in GRM/ CMS would probably be a great idea to boost viewership!

pm sent

seanmc
seanmc New Reader
9/22/09 10:37 a.m.

In reply to Joe Gearin:

Touche'

...and, replied.

Thanks for the support, Joe!

Per Schroeder
Per Schroeder Technical Editor/Advertising Director
9/22/09 10:47 a.m.

That's why I said it was my life. Really.

It reminds me of how JG was playing a Playboy video game where you make a magazine. His quote (I think) was, "It's like my life, but with more boobs."

Josh wrote:
oldtin
oldtin Dork
3/16/11 12:06 a.m.

Ooh, zombies in a canoe

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado SuperDork
3/16/11 12:36 a.m.

Kill it with fire! Oh, waiddaminnit..that's how canoes used to be made.

Mea Culpa, carry on..

Xceler8x
Xceler8x SuperDork
3/16/11 9:57 a.m.
oldtin wrote: Ooh, zombies in a canoe

You must've been saving that pic for just such an occasion.

oldtin
oldtin Dork
3/16/11 9:58 a.m.

Google Master

rob_lewis
rob_lewis Dork
3/16/11 10:24 a.m.
G_Stock wrote:
bludroptop wrote: Regarding "Chasing Classic Cars", I used to live about a mile from Wayne Carini's shop and often walked his lot when the store was closed. Okay, I drooled on some of the cars, but most of that will wash off. Never met him personally, but he doesn't come off as much of a 'regular guy' on the show.
Yeah I was thinking the same thing, but with his line of business and the cars he deals with, you almost can't be a normal person I imagine, since the people who buy from him are probably the most anal retentive people in the world, it rubs off on ya. Plus he's a yankee, so he'll never be a regular guy.

It's funny how the "intro" to the show has him coming off like an arse, but when you watch the show, he just enjoys cars.

Multiple times he has said, "I bought this because I always wanted one to drive and I'll sell it when its out of my system." Talk about the perfect car guy dream!!

-Rob

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Idg9ZwKhDJf6nm9YXenkm3vwxUvJiOfElrnuOi5m9MZ7P1o2t0LD4GFE1prPgYmP