1 2 3
92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac MegaDork
11/26/12 12:11 p.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=H4HymzHvGT8

Ok, so the video is nauseating enough...

Then you read the description and through the comments, and suddenly i almost can't hold on to the shaky upper hand i'm enjoying over the Thanksgiving food poisoning i'm battling.

Description said: Take a closer look at magazine featured Robb Slammered's slammed Subaru WRX that sits HellaFlush and so low it scrapes everywhere it goes! Do you love tucked, low low, or hellaflush Subarus? This one is very nice and features parts from Fuku, Prosport, Bride, HKS, and more.
commenter said: For one coils aren't E36 M3ty do research megan coils are made by bc but different color and go lower. Also rep wheels smh. What are they a rep of. Maybe I should be like everyone else and buy some Volks. Also thrown together my ass I do this kind of stuff to be different not like everyother faggot out there like you that just stays in a straight line with everyone else. berkeley yourself.
commenter said: Most people like this style. The car can corner really well actually, and is still very fast. I would venture to say lap time of slammed vs stock around tsukuba, slammed would win just out of sheer physics. Lower center of gravity, wider stance, typically stickier tires, and an overall less wind drag b/c there is no air under the car. While it may not be a "rally" car anymore and be able to jump or go off road, it sure as hell isn't slow or unable to corner. Bro.
commenter said: Man theres a lot of people haten in these comments! But I got to say this car is berkeleying amazing!!!!!! I like all the hard work you have done to this car rob! The WRX is one of my favorite cars and I want one soooo bad, I would do anything to get my hands on one! And i got to know what are those rubber band things on the bumper the stop it from getting ripped off when the grounds uneven?
N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
11/26/12 12:15 p.m.

Commenter #3 apparently thinks less air under the vehicle creates a vacuum. I don't argue worth the rest off his logic, but he's ignoring much of the physics involved with a "slammed" car.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH PowerDork
11/26/12 12:16 p.m.

You forgot this was going on? Let this remind you how much nicer it is on the track and in a few corners of the Internet.

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac MegaDork
11/26/12 12:22 p.m.

I knew it was going on... but then this video for whatever reason made me realize that this likely represents 80% of the "enthusiasts."

Makes me ill.

To be clear, i have MUCH LESS problem with the car itself than the purely idiotic discussions it's spawning.

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt SuperDork
11/26/12 12:23 p.m.
N Sperlo wrote: Commenter #3 apparently thinks less air under the vehicle creates a vacuum. I don't argue worth the rest off his logic, but he's ignoring much of the physics involved with a "slammed" car.

Not entirely off base - the less gap between the front of the car and the pavement, the less air can get under there. There's a reason Bonneville cars don't have a rally car stance.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
11/26/12 12:25 p.m.

You're reading YouTube comments? There's your mistake right there.

I've got a Firefox plugin that hides comments based on grammar and spelling. It's awesome.

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer UltimaDork
11/26/12 12:27 p.m.
Commenter said: commenter said: Most people like this style. The car can corner really well actually, and is still very fast. I would venture to say lap time of slammed vs stock around tsukuba, slammed would win just out of sheer physics. Lower center of gravity, wider stance, typically stickier tires, and an overall less wind drag b/c there is no air under the car. While it may not be a "rally" car anymore and be able to jump or go off road, it sure as hell isn't slow or unable to corner. Bro.

Please, go into a race paddock with this mentality. I will pop popcorn for everyone while we listen to his racing logic. It's gonna be funnier than "Dumb and Dumber"

Matt B
Matt B Dork
11/26/12 12:28 p.m.

I could swear at 3:23ish he says he has 70cc DOUCHE-work fuel injectors.

I nearly fell out of my chair. Getting some weird looks from co-workers.

RossD
RossD UberDork
11/26/12 12:29 p.m.

I thought we covered this before...?

Here (GRM)? -Good

There? -Bad

xflowgolf
xflowgolf Reader
11/26/12 12:29 p.m.
Keith Tanner wrote: You're reading YouTube comments? There's your mistake right there.

This. Trying to assume anything about the "real world" derived from YouTube commentary will make anyone want to just shoot themselves now.

topic is irrelevant.

Also, if this effects you, maybe you're just getting older and grumpier?

Move along.. .nothing to see. People have been lowering cars for completely non functional reasons in every generation of automotive enthusiast, and they will continue to do so in the future. There will also always be hardcore track junkies who build to the opposite extent. The difference is, they don't spend their time in their mom's basement on YouTube.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
11/26/12 12:30 p.m.
Keith Tanner wrote: You're reading YouTube comments? There's your mistake right there. I've got a Firefox plugin that hides comments based on grammar and spelling. It's awesome.

More information its needed on this plugin. I probably already have it....

MichaelYount
MichaelYount New Reader
11/26/12 12:31 p.m.

Let's throw some 'stance', 'poke' and 'baller' in there too - for good measure.

mad_machine
mad_machine MegaDork
11/26/12 12:41 p.m.
xflowgolf wrote:
Keith Tanner wrote: You're reading YouTube comments? There's your mistake right there.
This. Trying to assume anything about the "real world" derived from YouTube commentary will make anyone want to just shoot themselves now. topic is irrelevant. Also, if this effects you, maybe you're just getting older and grumpier? Move along.. .nothing to see. People have been lowering cars for completely non functional reasons in every generation of automotive enthusiast, and they will continue to do so in the future. There will also always be hardcore track junkies who build to the opposite extent. The difference is, they don't spend their time in their mom's basement on YouTube.

Over at the Local Target, a couple of the employees there lower there cars to "hellaflush" standards. One is a GTI and the other is (shudder) a NA Miata. I personally can't even figure out how they get into the parking lot past the speed bumps

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
11/26/12 12:45 p.m.
N Sperlo wrote:
Keith Tanner wrote: You're reading YouTube comments? There's your mistake right there. I've got a Firefox plugin that hides comments based on grammar and spelling. It's awesome.
More information its needed on this plugin. I probably already have it....

"Comment Snob 4"

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UberDork
11/26/12 12:48 p.m.

Ha ha ha - I like the bumper attached by rubber o-rings. He took the green steering wheel off with the disconnect and placed it on the dash and said "let it hang out".

I never gave any thought to letting my steering wheel hang out in other areas of the car - I am an idiot.

novaderrik
novaderrik UltraDork
11/26/12 12:49 p.m.

herra frush, indeed.

i made it 3 minutes into the video- at least he was smart enough to mount the bumper cover with rubber bands so they have some give to them.. i couldn't take it any more after he started showing off all the useless and expensive underhood bling.. and his hat- why do they wear their hats like that?

jstein77
jstein77 Dork
11/26/12 12:59 p.m.

I didn't even make it that far. They lost me at the zebra-striped headliner.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH PowerDork
11/26/12 1:04 p.m.
Datsun310Guy wrote: Ha ha ha - I like the bumper attached by rubber o-rings.

Yeah I was impressed at this bit of engineering he put into making his car stupid.

carguy123
carguy123 PowerDork
11/26/12 1:10 p.m.

That's what I really like about Firefox, you've got apps that make it so much more useful to you.

Gotta get that "Comment Snob 4", but I've got to ask, how badly does it cut up the GRM forums?

Osterkraut
Osterkraut UberDork
11/26/12 1:14 p.m.
Datsun1500 wrote: These guys are into slammed cars, does not make them wrong, just into different things.

I mean if their information is wrong, they're wrong. It's one thing to say, "I like small breasts." It's another to say, "I like small breasts because they can't get breast cancer."

Fletch1
Fletch1 HalfDork
11/26/12 1:15 p.m.

Why is there no discussion about what is shown at 2:39? Please pause at 2:39 for a good laugh.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH PowerDork
11/26/12 1:18 p.m.
Fletch1 wrote: Please pause at 2:39 for a good laugh.

Is that a stick-on BOV?

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
11/26/12 1:22 p.m.
carguy123 wrote: That's what I really like about Firefox, you've got apps that make it so much more useful to you. Gotta get that "Comment Snob 4", but I've got to ask, how badly does it cut up the GRM forums?

Not at all. You can specify different rules for specific sites, but I've rarely seen it cut in anywhere but YouTube.

Stick-on BOV? Now I need to watch this video.

Fletch1
Fletch1 HalfDork
11/26/12 1:23 p.m.

In reply to GameboyRMH:

Lol. There is something else. Are those Clark Griswold driving shoes?

Sky_Render
Sky_Render HalfDork
11/26/12 1:25 p.m.

Yeah, that car must handle amazing, with that quarter inch of suspension travel.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
J9bkGGreRXHqiDxl3fUGplUxR416C7g7ziXbRaXZwxRgVZf7YFt21QbXk8XTccsP