4 5 6 7 8
iceracer
iceracer UberDork
11/7/13 8:57 a.m.

I believe that all modern cars are designed by the same group , who work in a remote mountain hideaway and then parceled out to the various companies to add their individual touches.

mattmacklind
mattmacklind UltimaDork
11/7/13 9:10 a.m.

I like the current and what looks like the next gen Mustang. Every once in a while I do a Carmax search for the current gen Mustang I would want; GT, auto, and tan leather interior with heated seats, preferably white. There is usually just one. Has anyone seen the tan leather in person? Looks good in photos.

Anyway, I like this redesign as shown on C&D. Ford can't make enough Fusions to sell right now. Maybe it was the grill that did it after all.

Oh yeah, one more thing. If the next gen had a hatch available, it would be a lock for me.

yamaha
yamaha PowerDork
11/7/13 9:24 a.m.
Bobzilla wrote:

Who had a G37 that had an abortion?

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UberDork
11/7/13 9:28 a.m.
yamaha wrote:
Bobzilla wrote:
Who had a G37 that had an abortion?

See, now that makes sense. But to compare the artists rendering of the new mustang to this makes NO sense.

Sky_Render
Sky_Render Dork
11/7/13 9:28 a.m.

I LIKE my solid rear axle. It is extremely simple to maintain (fewer bushings and moving parts), and nothing puts power down out of a corner like a stick axle with a good LSD.

You kids get off my lawn!

yamaha
yamaha PowerDork
11/7/13 9:30 a.m.

In reply to Bobzilla:

I agree with that, my final answer is indeed going to be "Go home Plance, you're drunk"

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
11/7/13 9:31 a.m.

In reply to Sky_Render:

I agree. And they are generally lighter as well. Some people get too caught up in theory instead of how it translates to the real world.

logdog
logdog Dork
11/7/13 9:51 a.m.

I hope they put IRS in the Wrangler so it corners better. Every one Ive had was like an elephant on roller skates.

AverageH
AverageH New Reader
11/7/13 11:19 a.m.
bravenrace wrote: In reply to Sky_Render: I agree. And they are generally lighter as well. Some people get too caught up in theory instead of how it translates to the real world.

Real world... as in how badly it drives on public roads? Ok....

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
11/7/13 11:21 a.m.

In reply to AverageH:

Ans it drives just fine. Pretty much as well as my E46 on Ohio's pot holed roads when driven legally.

AverageH
AverageH New Reader
11/7/13 11:22 a.m.
bravenrace wrote:

Looking at that last pic of the Mustang makes me happy that it's changing to look like every other car on the road, besides the grill. Too many plastic scoops tacked on everywhere. If that trend continues then the front end of the car will be higher than the windshield.

-Hamid

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
11/7/13 11:25 a.m.

In reply to AverageH:

In it's defense, that's a Shelby. The Mustang isn't as bad in that regard.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde SuperDork
11/7/13 11:33 a.m.

I do agree that the current GTs are getting a little.....cluttered? The 05 bodystyle has cleaner lines to my eye, as does the rendering. I've seen a lot of current GTs rolling off the lots that look like SEMA versions of the 05 body - lots of tacked on lumps, bumps, and bulges in an attempt to look more aggressive.

EDIT:

VS

The coyote in a lighter package can't be a bad thing...

plance1
plance1 Dork
11/7/13 11:35 a.m.

I should have also added in my original post, in addition to the Genesis, that the new mustang also looks like one of those new subarus, except maybe with more ground clearance....

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
11/7/13 11:37 a.m.

In reply to plance1:

You may have noticed that most of us don't agree with you...

plance1
plance1 Dork
11/7/13 11:38 a.m.

I cant help it that you all need glasses....

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
11/7/13 11:43 a.m.

In reply to plance1:

I don't know how you knew that, but stop spying on me.

yamaha
yamaha PowerDork
11/7/13 12:19 p.m.
plance1 wrote: I should have also added in my original post, in addition to the Genesis, that the new mustang also looks like one of those new subarus, except maybe with more ground clearance....

For claiming it looks like a frisbee.......

Ian F
Ian F UltimaDork
11/7/13 12:29 p.m.
Storz wrote: Are we arguing over the nose of a car that is rwd, has lots of engine options, a proper manual transmission, has IRS and a backseat for around 25 grand? Just want to make sure.

It's what we do...

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
11/7/13 12:33 p.m.

Side glass looks like it could be the same pieces used on the Toyobaru...otherwise they're no more similar than any other front-engined 2+2 2-doors.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
11/7/13 12:39 p.m.
AverageH wrote:
bravenrace wrote: In reply to Sky_Render: I agree. And they are generally lighter as well. Some people get too caught up in theory instead of how it translates to the real world.
Real world... as in how badly it drives on public roads? Ok....

plance1
plance1 Dork
11/7/13 12:49 p.m.

In reply to yamaha:

Listen guy, if you don't agree with my post or anyone else's comment for that matter ok but no one is forcing you to comment so take your vulgarities elsewhere.

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
11/7/13 12:51 p.m.

In reply to plance1:

You should look at the emoticons under the picture, although i don't appreciate the vulgarity either.

plance1
plance1 Dork
11/7/13 12:51 p.m.
ultraclyde wrote: I do agree that the current GTs are getting a little.....cluttered? The 05 bodystyle has cleaner lines to my eye, as does the rendering. I've seen a lot of current GTs rolling off the lots that look like SEMA versions of the 05 body - lots of tacked on lumps, bumps, and bulges in an attempt to look more aggressive. EDIT: VS The coyote in a lighter package can't be a bad thing...

This is exactly how I feel. I was walking to my car the other day and there was an earlier 05 or 06 Mustang in the garage and I remember thinking to myself, that looks much cleaner than the latest versions. I think car designers change things sometimes just to justify their pay...

plance1
plance1 Dork
11/7/13 12:56 p.m.
bravenrace wrote: In reply to plance1: You should look at the emoticons under the picture, although i don't appreciate the vulgarity either.

I saw the emoticons but what the heck, I'm the guy that authored this post. Really, like everyone else what I post is just one man's humble opinion and like I said after posting, I am definitely open to someone convincing me that I'm wrong but gee whiz, for some silly goofball to tell me to leave a thread I started in such a childish way seems a bit lame. I bet he drives a Genesis or a BRZ and wishes he waited for the Mustang lol?

4 5 6 7 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JezJzNQzKAtF90RobCEr78PcytNnnqz1fUW3iA9ZxLQNDFcb3trvHE2ZZcmsYNyo