5 6 7 8
yamaha
yamaha PowerDork
11/7/13 1:14 p.m.

In reply to plance1:

You are taking things far too personally......we've had many people like you do exactly that, and they all end up buried under Margie's patio.

In reply to Bravenrace:

My apologies for the "vulgarity" it was just the only picture like that that came up.

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
11/7/13 1:18 p.m.

In reply to yamaha:

Well I've heard it before...

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson PowerDork
11/7/13 1:26 p.m.

Cluttered? What is cluttered about this? This is our old one, the new one is the same except in silver. I see no clutter.

yamaha
yamaha PowerDork
11/7/13 1:31 p.m.
bravenrace wrote: In reply to yamaha: Well I've heard it before...

I edited it to a different picture with gtfo instead.....oddly enough, if you search for "There's the door, now use it" only the picard one that was original shows up.......but if you type in everything that was on it, theres a better selection thats more "pg13" Gah, I hate google.

But, I believe the reasoning is sound, plance has inferred it looks like a genesis, I think everyone shot that down, so now he's just going to continue to change what he thinks it looks like until someone partially agrees with him

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
11/7/13 1:44 p.m.

In reply to yamaha:

It's all good.

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
11/7/13 1:45 p.m.
Adrian_Thompson wrote: Cluttered? What is cluttered about this? This is our old one, the new one is the same except in silver. I see no clutter.

CAN'T YOU SEE THE FLOWERS!! THEY'RE ALL OVER THE PLACE!!! DON'T YOU CALL THAT CLUTTERED!!!

ultraclyde
ultraclyde SuperDork
11/7/13 1:50 p.m.

LOL, you're right, it's all the pink flowers. But what else would you expect from a V6 but pink flowers...

I KEED, I KEED!!

You're right, the V6s don't seem to suffer from the lumps, it's only some of the GTs that I've seen that way. I haven't really tracked it down, but it must be some factory appearance package the does it. The white one I linked is the GT/CS for instance.

Full disclosure, I may be biased. From My Garage on GRM:

Sky_Render
Sky_Render Dork
11/7/13 2:31 p.m.

The '13 facelift of the S197 is very cluttered, IMO. And I'm talking about all the scoops and vents on the GTs. Adrian's red convertible up there isn't cluttered at all, though I still don't care for the front end as much.

Now, contrast that white '13 on the previous page with my '11:

Note that I also didn't check the boxes for all of the stick-on scoops and wings.

Chris_V
Chris_V UltraDork
11/7/13 2:50 p.m.
iceracer wrote: I believe that all modern cars are designed by the same group , who work in a remote mountain hideaway and then parceled out to the various companies to add their individual touches.

I belive I'm getting tired of this sentiment, Cars have always looked like other cars of their era, with a few standout exceptions (that often pointed the way for the next generation to follow). An example:

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
11/7/13 2:52 p.m.

In reply to Chris_V:

Great point. End of thread.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson PowerDork
11/7/13 3:12 p.m.
ultraclyde wrote: LOL, you're right, it's all the pink flowers. But what else would you expect from a V6 but pink flowers...

GGrrr

OK, is this one better, no pink flower. BAck from a TSD (Wife behind car, friend walking behind it, I'm not that much of a cue ball!

PS, I do like your car.

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
11/7/13 3:16 p.m.

HEY! YOU! I SAID END OF THREAD!

plance1
plance1 Dork
11/7/13 3:37 p.m.
yamaha wrote:
bravenrace wrote: In reply to yamaha: Well I've heard it before...
I edited it to a different picture with gtfo instead.....oddly enough, if you search for "There's the door, now use it" only the picard one that was original shows up.......but if you type in everything that was on it, theres a better selection thats more "pg13" Gah, I hate google. But, I believe the reasoning is sound, plance has inferred it looks like a genesis, I think everyone shot that down, so now he's just going to continue to change what he thinks it looks like until someone partially agrees with him

Good grief. I don't care if a guy like you who posts little star trek pictures agree with me or not. Like I said, if you disagree, just say so without dropping the F-Bomb. Its not hard. I see influences from both the Genesis and the Subaru in the new mustang. Im entitled to change my opinion, I'm entitled to add to it. If you don't like, go away and watch star trek.

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
11/7/13 3:42 p.m.
bravenrace wrote: In reply to DrBoost: I just hope someday people will quit whining because they think Fords look like Astons. I know it's the first time a car has ever looked like another, but give it a rest. The grills aren't even the same shape.

The page 7 pic reminded me of this argument earlier in the thread. Aston grill? Try 1940 Chevrolet grill!

yamaha
yamaha PowerDork
11/7/13 3:55 p.m.

In reply to plance1:

I fixed that with a bit more time at my disposal, but
A.) We won't know what the new mustang looks like until december as this is just an artist rendering being pushed off as fact,
B.) We've debunked the GenCoupay already,
C.) We've debunked the aston grill,
D.) I will personally debunk the Frisbee twins as looking nowhere close,
E.) Shall we continue?

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UberDork
11/7/13 3:58 p.m.

No no no... the New mustang is JUST LIKE the gen coupe.... See, look. Already on fire like half the fords on the road!

See? JUST LIKE the mustang.

z31maniac
z31maniac UltimaDork
11/7/13 4:11 p.m.

Why is everyone acting like a shiny happy person over the opinion of what a car looks like?

plance1
plance1 Dork
11/7/13 4:18 p.m.
yamaha wrote: In reply to plance1: I fixed that with a bit more time at my disposal, but A.) We won't know what the new mustang looks like until december as this is just an artist rendering being pushed off as fact, B.) We've debunked the GenCoupay already, C.) We've debunked the aston grill, D.) I will personally debunk the Frisbee twins as looking nowhere close, E.) Shall we continue?

You're killin me. I bet you're the type that walks into a bar and starts arguing with people over politics, right? Let me explain for you how the internet works...let me break it down for you....people post their opinion and others comment. I didn't post a plea or a petition, just my humble opinion. If you disagree, ok, great just say so and move on. ITS JUST MY HUMBLE OPINION. I am not trying to win an argument or debate you or convince you in any way. Those who are relatively egocentric such as yourself tend to want to project and assume others are as argumentative as they are. So as far as the "shall we continue" that's you're choice, if you have some weird need to argue and/or have the last word go right ahead my GRM brother! But I have a better idea, if you see the post that starts out "I want to congratulate Ford..." just don't read it. Regarding your other points, I don't really know what you're talking about, I don't know what you mean by "GenCoupay", I don't care about aston martin, I think that was someone elses point and I don't have an opinion on that. Regarding the artist rendering, I agree there is some speculation on the part of Car and Driver but I seem to remember that their artists interpretations end up being pretty close.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce SuperDork
11/7/13 4:20 p.m.
z31maniac wrote: Why is everyone acting like a shiny happy person over the opinion of what a car looks like?

Because it's the wrong opinion.

kreb
kreb SuperDork
11/7/13 4:32 p.m.

Can I nominate this thread for stupidest of the week?

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
11/7/13 5:20 p.m.
kreb wrote: Can I nominate this thread for stupidest of the week?

I dunno man, have you seen the other ones? There was the NJ Govna/fat guy/Hitlery one, the shoot-the-dogs one, the rat rods one...

kreb
kreb SuperDork
11/7/13 5:25 p.m.

I guess one person's manure is another one's snack. I enjoyed the rat rod one.

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
11/7/13 5:29 p.m.

In reply to kreb:

I liked the rat rod one, too.

yamaha
yamaha PowerDork
11/7/13 11:53 p.m.

In reply to Javelin:

Same here

kanaric
kanaric Reader
11/8/13 1:36 a.m.

Really I could rather care less how a mustang looks. Does it have a modern suspension? Does it drive/handle good? Is it reliable? Is it a performance bargain?

Everything else I could care less and really if it's a performance bargain is all that should matter on this forum. People drive some really "ugly" or flat out hated or simply disliked cars here that are actually just fantastic to drive.

I couldn't care less if they just sold the Ford Falcon here as the mustang, a rather bland looking car but it is everything that I want in a mustang.

NJ Govna/fat guy/Hitlery one, the shoot-the-dogs one

lol wtf? Looks like i'm missing out.

5 6 7 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Eb6H3W7I8mV4eEbkNfmtx4lZV5wqAeGKhrVBmDSNZr159OhlRfzigoPi0eNTtiUc