JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
12/30/20 11:31 a.m.
feature_image

Lightning-fast Indy cars could do nothing but sit and wait for nearly nine agonizing laps while a gaggle of MX-5 Cup cars circled Daytona International Raceway’s historic oval in last night’s pair of 20-lap pursuit shootouts. 

Once the Indy cars got the green, they had to make u…

Read the rest of the story

JG Pasterjak
12/30/20 11:49 a.m.

We will absolutely be doing more of these pursuit style races. They're sooooo much fun. Thanks to everyone who came out last night, except for whoever spun me both times during the Indy car starts.

spacecadet (Forum Supporter)
spacecadet (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
12/30/20 12:17 p.m.

Here's my videos of the race last night.

Here's the Top highlight..

the miata crash that began at the start of Race 1..

My Full in car POV of Race 1

And my Full incar POV from Race 2.

I ran an indycar in Race 2.

The race videos are longer than the actual races right now, i'm waiting on youtube to finish trimming them.

spacecadet (Forum Supporter)
spacecadet (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
12/30/20 12:21 p.m.
JG Pasterjak said:

We will absolutely be doing more of these pursuit style races. They're sooooo much fun. Thanks to everyone who came out last night, except for whoever spun me both times during the Indy car starts.

dude, these were a BLAST.

slowbird
slowbird SuperDork
12/30/20 2:05 p.m.

The bumps of that legacy version of Daytona were pretty sketchy for the Indycar which made it interesting. My arms were tensed up due to the force feedback through the wheel.

Agreed, these were really fun races. I need to do more sim racing because my race craft is pretty rusty.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
12/30/20 8:04 p.m.

Tonight's race feed will also be shared in this thread. 

David S. Wallens
12/30/20 8:48 p.m.
Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) MegaDork
12/30/20 9:43 p.m.
slowbird said:

The bumps of that legacy version of Daytona were pretty sketchy for the Indycar which made it interesting. My arms were tensed up due to the force feedback through the wheel.

Agreed, these were really fun races. I need to do more sim racing because my race craft is pretty rusty.

You got a special mention during the race.  Kick more shinny!

David S. Wallens
12/30/20 10:26 p.m.

Thank you, everyone, for joining us. That was good fun. 

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) MegaDork
12/30/20 10:29 p.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens :

So what was the fuel situation and does Ryan want Team Stampie to sponsor him so that he can have a cool livery next race?

David S. Wallens
12/30/20 10:39 p.m.

We didn't get to talk to that driver, so I'm not sure what happened. The winner thinks that the other driver might have pitted a lap too early.

And, sure, get your logo on that car. 

JG Pasterjak
12/30/20 10:41 p.m.

That was an awesome week you guys. Now that we have a league and an active Discord, I may throw up a race from time to time just so we can hang out and have fun. We'll likely do another holiday series if we can fit it in between other active series.

(One idea bouncing around in the Discord is a team enduro around the summer solsitce. Maybe even with Solstices. Okay, yeah. Now that I see it typed out I like it a lot.)

slowbird
slowbird SuperDork
12/30/20 11:04 p.m.

In reply to Stampie (FS) :

Uh-oh. Hopefully it wasn't a special mention for crashing. blush

I learned a lot from the races this week. On Monday, I learned that I'm bad at clutching and shifting. Yesterday, I learned that I'm bad at drafting and bumpdrafting. And today, I learned that I'm bad at not locking up the brakes. laugh

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) MegaDork
12/30/20 11:09 p.m.

In reply to slowbird :

Well get rid of the bad and then you're all good.

TAStank
TAStank New Reader
12/31/20 12:21 a.m.

Wow. I knew that finish was close, but 0.003? I doubt I'll ever do better than that.

https://www.twitch.tv/tastank/clip/FurryBigHumanTakeNRG

slowbird
slowbird SuperDork
12/31/20 1:05 a.m.
Stampie (FS) said:

In reply to slowbird :

Well get rid of the bad and then you're all good.

That's a good way to look at it! laugh

Watching the race broadcast now. Thanks for the shoutout David!

Oops, and later on they perfectly captured one of my spins from the view of the leaders lapping me. Good thing I can laugh at myself. laugh

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
uNKY5oyy5NBlcomJa8LGYbDss6GW8euQnv10b8taJfk3qNK4VcJgsGsTbmZ55qxc