4 5 6 7 8
nsxmr2elises2000
nsxmr2elises2000 PowerDork
1/4/24 2:39 p.m.
bmw88rider said:

Glad you got your dream ride brother. Enjoy it. Can't wait to see it the next time I'm in So Cal. 

Thanks brother. come visit!

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
1/4/24 3:01 p.m.

username checks out

imgon
imgon HalfDork
1/4/24 3:11 p.m.

Congrats on the beautiful new car and username upgrade. Top shelf!

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito UltimaDork
1/4/24 3:15 p.m.

Outstanding updates! One could only dream of a buyer experience like that. Those might come along once in a lifetime, if at all. That car looks incredible!!!

nsxmr2elises2000
1/4/24 3:29 p.m.
iansane said:

The emotion and appreciation for this car, that owner and your experience in this whole thing overflows your words. It's easy to see how much this means to you. Congrats.

Thank you very much. You got it! 

nsxmr2elises2000
1/4/24 3:29 p.m.
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) said:

username checks out

devil i had to put in the order of how much I like them ;)

nsxmr2elises2000
1/4/24 3:30 p.m.
imgon said:

Congrats on the beautiful new car and username upgrade. Top shelf!

Thank you. Cheers! 

nsxmr2elises2000
1/4/24 3:33 p.m.
Tony Sestito said:

Outstanding updates! One could only dream of a buyer experience like that. Those might come along once in a lifetime, if at all. That car looks incredible!!!

Yeah I got pretty lucky with some real good buying experiences. However this one was extra special. I am counting my lucky stars for sure. I will cherish the pictures with the owner. I don't want to post those, as he doesn't want his photo online (I respect that).

Couple of my friends said, wait you paid for the car, he still has the car, has your money, and has the title. Are you nuts? You had to be there with this gentleman.. the money meant nothing to him.

He could have put it on BaT and got a lot more. The story this car had, NSX people would pay for. I initially thought he didn't know about auction houses. The 3 photos of the car were horrendous, and the adcopy was terrible.  When I went to pick up the car, he know the cost of the coffee table books and other books (over $2500). I also don't have the luggage set yet (which is valued at $8700). He has it at his daughters hosue and I will get it next week. Given he knew all the values, I asked him (after I had NSX key in my pocket), why didn't he sell it on BaT. He said he only wanted a NSX Prime member to buy it. His goal was 6 months wait to see if anyone would get it.  If no one got it, he would sell to a "stranger" on auction site. The money meant nothing to him. He was looking to leave the car to his kids/to his family. Given they didn't appreciate it, NSXprime was his next family.  I have been there 20 years without a car. I have been to a NSXPO (ATL) wihtout a car. Its been in my blood for a long time. I don't want to speak for him, but I think he appreciated my enthusiasm.  The other buyer who saw the car and made a full price offer was comedian Fluffys management person. However, he wanted to get a PPI and old man did not want the car leaving his house with money. 

You had to be there. I took some "chances" for a a used car... but when you know.. you know. 

I got couple of ... you could have bought a (GT3/Rivian/Vette x model, 348/355 blah blah) from some of my friends. 

I paid retail for the car due to the seller. The car is rare enough it is, and I have hunted them a long time. Hard to find them unmolested, not a full musuem piece (delivery miles), affordable, 3.2 6mt as I wanted and some other things.

Some people get it, some people don't. Good thing is I bought it for myself, and it speaks to me. GT3 just doesn't speak to me (no offense to anyone).  I have bought many "excuse" cars over the years. For me it has to be a drivers car that looks special. Those are my main things. Otherwise I get bored and dump the cars. Been there done that. 

Is it cooler to have a new Corvette? Surely to some people. To me, my old honda scratches the itch. 

yupididit
yupididit UltimaDork
1/4/24 5:17 p.m.

Why isn't your Evo in your username? 

Anyway, peak jdm goodness with the NSX. 

nsxmr2elises2000
1/4/24 7:46 p.m.
yupididit said:

Why isn't your Evo in your username? 

Anyway, peak jdm goodness with the NSX. 

if i added all my cars my screen name would be unbearable... lol

also 4 doors are only around due to kids. i hate 4 doors 

nsxmr2elises2000
1/12/24 10:44 a.m.

EX owner went to visit the car while it awaits the T belt service. You can see the NSX-R behind it. 

Shop policy is one lift per nsx. It sits on lift while work is done, never moved. No nsx work is taken if lifts are busy. Interesting 1 man 1 shop - policy... 

3 NSX awaiting shipment from Fl/CT/TX to get work done when lift is empty 

Gzwg
Gzwg New Reader
1/15/24 9:11 a.m.

Late to the party, but still have to write a few words:

WHAT A CAR!

Your comment "wanting a color that blends in, but not black" had me slightly worried you might go for plain silver (which to me is the worst Color for a sports car ever), but the grey you got looks incredible!

To me this is one of the best looking cars ever, especially with the pop up lamps closed.

Congratulations from across the pond!

nsxmr2elises2000
1/15/24 9:17 a.m.

In reply to Gzwg :

Thank you! Appreciate the nice words.

BumpHeadRacing
BumpHeadRacing HalfDork
1/15/24 4:22 p.m.

Reading through this thread, I am so incredibly stoked for you, your emotion for this car is just dripping off the screen. For the car to spend the first 26 years of its life in the loving care of someone who truly appreciated it and allowed it to exist as it was meant to (being actually driven, rather than kept locked away in a garage-shaped cage and treated as a museum piece), then to be passed on to someone (you) with an equal level of passion for the platform... This may just be one of the luckiest NSX's ever, including the car that got driven by Senna at Suzuka. That moment was truly special for that car, but ultimately was fleeting, lasting only a few laps. This car has been loved every day of its life, and it sounds like there's no end to that in sight. This may be one of the first times I've gotten a little emotional about someone elses car, but...here we are. Well bought my guy.

Olemiss540
Olemiss540 Dork
1/15/24 7:15 p.m.

Why am I shopping NSXs I can't afford now.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
1/15/24 8:25 p.m.

Such a cool car.  My old boss has one and loved it so much he imported it back to the UK when he moved for work. 

congrats 

nsxmr2elises2000
2/1/24 11:24 a.m.

Not much to update:​

- Car is still at Ramon's. He said he is backed up and promised pick up next week. So just waiting game for me, while it sits on the rack.

- In the mean time ordered front lip spoiler and a silver tow hook. I wanted to provide local vendors the business, but they were $150 more than me getting it from japan (including shipping). Parts have been shipped to Ramon

- Really debating on putting the A back on the front and back. It has the "H" now. I love it all H (wheels have matching caps), but steering wheel Acura bothers me.  

If I do put the badges back on, then will have to see if what to do about wheel center caps

Hope next week I get it home, give it a bath, and detail and start enjoying it.

nsxmr2elises2000
2/1/24 11:25 a.m.
Fueled by Caffeine said:

Such a cool car.  My old boss has one and loved it so much he imported it back to the UK when he moved for work. 

congrats 

Thank you kindly! People do seem to love them quite a bit. 

nsxmr2elises2000
2/1/24 11:25 a.m.
Olemiss540 said:

Why am I shopping NSXs I can't afford now.

Come on join the fun devil

nsxmr2elises2000
2/1/24 11:29 a.m.
BumpHeadRacing said:

Reading through this thread, I am so incredibly stoked for you, your emotion for this car is just dripping off the screen. For the car to spend the first 26 years of its life in the loving care of someone who truly appreciated it and allowed it to exist as it was meant to (being actually driven, rather than kept locked away in a garage-shaped cage and treated as a museum piece), then to be passed on to someone (you) with an equal level of passion for the platform... This may just be one of the luckiest NSX's ever, including the car that got driven by Senna at Suzuka. That moment was truly special for that car, but ultimately was fleeting, lasting only a few laps. This car has been loved every day of its life, and it sounds like there's no end to that in sight. This may be one of the first times I've gotten a little emotional about someone elses car, but...here we are. Well bought my guy.

Thank you so much! Definitely lot of emotions involved here, and appreciate your nice words. 

I have bought many special cars over the years. Usually I am much more passionate than the original owner. This is one where, I would say he may have been more passionate or I am equally so, not sure. He definitely is more passionate on it, if that is possible. What I find interesting is, he was a just a car guy, but the NSX made him a passionate car guy, whereas I am a passionate car guy about all cars. Interesting to see the effect the NSX has had on his life. 

He has been going to mechanic shop checking on the car. He wants to go to NSXPO next year (LA to Dallas drive in his LC500 and wants to tag along with me), which would be fun, given the history this car has at NSXPO, and the story is the cool apart, in addition to the car itself. 

Agree with your last statement, definitely a car that is having a charmed life, used, loved, taken care of, and enjoyed with memories. I know with every car I buy, its always the "keeper," but they mostly leave as I get bored.  This one hasn't been a chase, but a journey, one I hope to continue and make memories as he has. 

Thank you again for a good post, and glad to be able to share it here.

nsxmr2elises2000
2/6/24 9:26 p.m.

Update:

pics received from Ramon. 

-T belt service almost done, Nothing was needed, all clean, belt as good as new (as he predicted)

-Hope to pick up Friday or early next week and FINALLY have the nsx home 

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
2/6/24 9:55 p.m.

In reply to nsxmr2elises2000 :

Much excite!!

nsxmr2elises2000
2/6/24 11:02 p.m.

In reply to Javelin :

Thanks! Never bought a car, took straight to mechanic, and sitting home 4 weeks, 

Even the EVO you helped me with, I enjoyed 2000 miles before T belt service

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
2/6/24 11:04 p.m.

In reply to nsxmr2elises2000 :

I know how you feel! I brought the Boxster straight to the shop for a full suspension refresh when I bought it and they had it 2 months. Same with the 944, bought it and had to wait 6 weeks before flying out to drive it back. 

nsxmr2elises2000
2/7/24 12:29 a.m.

In reply to Javelin :

i dont have your patience, good looks, or $$ !!! 

i dont buy german as i dont want to be slave to mechanics sending their kids to private schools--- but look at me suffering the same fate now! cheeky

4 5 6 7 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
88b2Lr0GilTSUzk4bC92ISl0JKw2ABJSDYglJfMzLjpm8XkfVK46QkA01MsdxC35