In reply to RacerBoy75 :

Thank you so much!!

Yeah the before pics were "interesting"

nsxmr2elises2000
nsxmr2elises2000 PowerDork
5/13/24 12:24 p.m.
  • wash, waxed, ceramic coating done
  • wiper delete done
  • ready for Nsxfest next weekend (800 mile trip)

nsxmr2elises2000
5/19/24 9:49 a.m.

900 miles in

what a great event. 3 women nsx owners here - grandmas

two couples with their own nsxs 

people from az, nv, wa etc

ex owner of my car came down in his lc500  - gave me more docs he found

nsxmr2elises2000
5/19/24 9:50 a.m.

hotel full of 37 nsx

nsxmr2elises2000
5/19/24 9:51 a.m.

nsxmr2elises2000
5/19/24 9:53 a.m.

it was cool to see 3, 450 hp sc nsx and 2 750 hp TT nsx

nsxmr2elises2000
5/19/24 9:55 a.m.

nsxmr2elises2000
5/19/24 9:56 a.m.

kb58
kb58 UltraDork
5/19/24 10:56 a.m.

Hah, didn't realize you live around these parts. Looks like the weekly car thing in San Clamente, and the parking lot near the bakery in Santa Ysable.

nsxmr2elises2000
5/19/24 12:36 p.m.

In reply to kb58 :

that is correct on both counts

kb58
kb58 UltraDork
5/19/24 3:22 p.m.

I'll keep an eye out for you - and please, please, please, do not attempt to convert your NSX into a batmobile, or whatever that owner was attempting!

nsxmr2elises2000
5/19/24 4:22 p.m.

In reply to kb58 :

you mean no lambo doors for me ? 

kb58
kb58 UltraDork
5/19/24 4:35 p.m.

Sorry, I have such high standards...

nsxmr2elises2000
5/26/24 11:54 a.m.

DasAuto
DasAuto MegaDork
5/26/24 12:20 p.m.

In reply to nsxmr2elises2000 :

That looked like a great time!

nsxmr2elises2000
5/26/24 1:48 p.m.

In reply to DasAuto :

it was fantastic. I will write a review later today about the feelings of the car 

here is a suspension shot for the nerds:

and what it means:

https://www.theautopian.com/tesla-model-s-and-ford-gt-suspension-engineer-describes-how-one-genius-part-gave-the-original-acura-nsx-such-a-great-ride/

Mr. Lee
Mr. Lee PowerDork
5/26/24 6:35 p.m.

Congrats man!  I would be lying if I said I haven't been thinking of these lately. Had the opportunity to purchase one @25k 25 years ago and have been kicking myself ever since for passing on it. (I bought a FD RX-7 instead)

nsxmr2elises2000
6/3/24 12:36 p.m.

nsxmr2elises2000
6/3/24 12:42 p.m.
Mr. Lee said:

Congrats man!  I would be lying if I said I haven't been thinking of these lately. Had the opportunity to purchase one @25k 25 years ago and have been kicking myself ever since for passing on it. (I bought a FD RX-7 instead)

Thank you very much.  Yeah definitely should have bought one cheap back in the day, but I didn't. Oh well. Bygones.  My favorite of the JDM supercars was the FD RX7 R1.  I had a very close friend who had one. 

However, given Apex seals and many other issues, I did not have the cojones to ever buy one. I do admire them from afar. 

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
6/3/24 12:51 p.m.

Had a friend with an NSX about 20 years ago, when they were relatively cheap. He took off the mufflers and it sounded exactly like every terrible Civic of the F&F era.

Don't do that :)

nsxmr2elises2000
6/3/24 2:10 p.m.
Keith Tanner said:

Had a friend with an NSX about 20 years ago, when they were relatively cheap. He took off the mufflers and it sounded exactly like every terrible Civic of the F&F era.

Don't do that :)

At my advanced AARP age, stock is best. Not to mention, bank account is empty.

ScottyB
ScottyB HalfDork
6/3/24 3:21 p.m.

this is absolutely fascinating (and i love the other article about how they routed the shift cables on the Ford GT to mimic the NSX shift feel) and i'm really curious why we've never seen the likes of this design again.  i suppose its just too much money to make sense for your average customer.

all the more reason the car is a treasure.  so many cool engineering excercises went into this thing, some seem so way ahead of its time.  glad you're putting more miles on it!

nsxmr2elises2000
6/4/24 10:55 a.m.
ScottyB said:

this is absolutely fascinating (and i love the other article about how they routed the shift cables on the Ford GT to mimic the NSX shift feel) and i'm really curious why we've never seen the likes of this design again.  i suppose its just too much money to make sense for your average customer.

all the more reason the car is a treasure.  so many cool engineering excercises went into this thing, some seem so way ahead of its time.  glad you're putting more miles on it!

Thank you sir. I figured you would enjoy the engineering behind the car. 

Locally, in the world of Bugatti and McLaren and Lambo, it still gets quite a few thumbs up. Some CTR and current ricers can be pretty scary. One followed me home, till I zig zagged and lost them. Some guy did a drone footage at the coffee store, and as I walking up, asked fo rmy number to send me the video. 

As you know I hate the color. I am a bright color guy. Having said that, the type of attention it is getting , I am glad it is an under the radar car.

I am thoroughly enjoying it. I have had two friends recently visit from out of town (Singapore and Austin). Both loved the NSX, and commented how solid it is. No cracks, no rattles. Like a brand new Honda Accord... you can use it daily..no fuss, till you open it up. 

One of these guys is a mechanical engineer who is a head honcho at a big public traded company. He went over with almost an hour, looking at the seals, rubber, wires, etc, and just says, he can't believe this year car can be this good. It is a testament to how the owner took care of it, and what a great car it is. 

Buying the best example of something - while it hurts the pocketbook - does work out in the long run. 

I am certainly smitten with the quality, fun factor, and the meeting the hero impresses me daily. 

Ironically, the wife + kids all love the other much fancier toys in the garage, and although one of the kid is appreciateing it, made a comment, how can it be so much more worth than my 95 MR2 Turbo..etc 

It really is  a if you know.. kind of a car..and if you appreciate. 

Good thing I didn't buy it to impress anyone... but for enjoyment of me... which as the miles are getting racked up.. I am loving every second. 

Hope all is well with you and the family and the new toy.

ScottyB
ScottyB HalfDork
6/6/24 9:08 a.m.

ha, i'm sure the attention was probably innocent enough, but it would unnerve me too.  some people don't really understand the concept of personal space, like i might make a compliment at a gas pump but following someone around is just weird.  maybe its a blessing you didn't go for one in red, yellow or white, you'd never get any peace!  i'm the same way with colors but i genuinely think it looks great in silver, i think it has something to do with the big canopy and side vents to break it up.

i bet any engineer would have a blast with it.  that was such a great era in automotive design, everyone was trying some wild stuff.  i gotta imagine the fact YOU know what's under that aluminum skin is one of those intangibles that just makes driving a legend like this so cool.  oh yeah...did the PO try to castrate you when he found out you drove it in the SNOW (which is awesome btw)?

keep up updated, always fun to tune in and see what you're doing with this thing!  all good here, i actually need to update the ol camaro thread...still a solid DD and i'm not as scared of it anymore lol.

nsxmr2elises2000
7/26/24 6:54 p.m.

enjoying it... putting on the miles

will take it to monterey car week 

7 8 9 10

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cct3YNlEA9dUVr7bq84obuPfKqkuSJk900QlZBcRX2C4eRVy2AdVJwKTKmr6T7xe