vwcorvette (Forum Supporter)
vwcorvette (Forum Supporter) UberDork
2/26/22 11:30 p.m.

Long Way Up 

My wife and I just started watching and we're about 6 episodes in and thoroughly enjoying it. She's not a car or bike enthusiast. She was glad I sold my custom Kawasaki last year. But now that she drives an i3 I think the electric vehicle concept drew her in. She never watched Long Way Down or Long Way Round. Incredible landscapes, interesting people, and some fun and unique happenings. Seen and Charly are riding prototype electric Harleys and the production crew are in Rivian 001 and 002. Yes they have a sprinter loaded to the hilt to assist them and Rivian installed tens of charging stations along the route but it's really interesting to see them deal with the challenges of terrain, range, and driving in south and Central America.

hybridmomentspass
hybridmomentspass HalfDork
2/27/22 8:21 a.m.

I wonder if they'll do another book

I loved the first two books...the dvds, not as much. Felt it lost a lot of the human experience, the people they met

docwyte
docwyte PowerDork
2/27/22 9:40 a.m.

I never watched this one and probably never will.  I watched the others and read the books.  The premise of this one is just flawed, then they didn't do the entire ride, ending up taking a bus through a bunch of Mexico

Trent
Trent PowerDork
2/27/22 11:30 a.m.

We watched it 6 months ago.

Yes it is a commercial for Harley. Yes,  they skip a portion of Mexico based on the advise of their local handlers. No it isn't as great as long way round.

But it is still Charlie and Ewan being best buds and having an adventure together and that makes it better than 90% of anything else on television.  

2/27/22 1:03 p.m.
Trent said:

We watched it 6 months ago.

Yes it is a commercial for Harley. Yes,  they skip a portion of Mexico based on the advise of their local handlers. No it isn't as great as long way round.

But it is still Charlie and Ewan being best buds and having an adventure together and that makes it better than 90% of anything else on television.  

Exactly why we're watching it. Anything vehicle related that my wife will watch must have a very human element. Their friendship is amazing.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
2/27/22 3:54 p.m.

Long way round and long way down we're better I thought. 

2/27/22 4:23 p.m.
Fueled by Caffeine said:

Long way round and long way down we're better I thought. 

I think I can agree. I'm interested in all the issues they're having with going electric and the solutions being created. Both before they started and during the trip.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
U2Bbg0M9QMzrXHSqYku1MEh6HjVpeLd1LMO08WXe1udvdk5fok76WkeJcQcZXmti