Woody
Woody SuperDork
8/3/10 1:05 p.m.

Last week, I spotted a Lotus Evora on the road. I only saw it for a few seconds, as we were on a great driver's road, he was headed South, I was going North, I was in a Porsche and he, of course was in a Lotus, so you do the math.

Anyway, the car looked great, though much less aggressive than an Elise. It showed zero lean through a sharp corner. The car's body is so smooth that it almost invokes an early 90's vibe.

I hope that they sell a million of them.

grimmelshanks
grimmelshanks Reader
8/3/10 1:14 p.m.

i was ^this excited a few weeks ago when i saw a 7. theyre soooooo cool, i desperately want to find a squished miata, or rx7, or whatever:)

mad_machine
mad_machine SuperDork
8/3/10 7:12 p.m.

this is great news... not that I can afford one

Ian_F
Ian_F Reader
8/3/10 10:30 p.m.

I haven't seen one on the road, but I pass by two of them at the dealer. One black, the other metallic gray w/ black stripes. I didn't know the back section opens up clam-shell style.

Jay
Jay Dork
8/4/10 5:13 a.m.

I've driven one. They're pretty sweet.
Maybe would be better with a bit of boost though.

81gtv6
81gtv6 HalfDork
8/4/10 8:51 a.m.

In reply to Jay: Is there anything that isn't better with a "bit of boost"?

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury SuperDork
8/4/10 9:02 a.m.
Jay wrote: I've driven a car. They're pretty sweet. In general they are better with a bit of boost though.

fixt

edit: DOH, 81gtv6 beat me to it

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 SuperDork
8/4/10 9:43 a.m.

I think an Evora with proper amounts of boost would be unholy.

The 2grfse is a NASTY NASTY motor.

P71
P71 SuperDork
8/4/10 10:40 a.m.

Meh. It looks kinda plain, costs more than a loaded out Cayman S, and is slower with worse handling. I could think of about a dozen other cars to buy before that one, even new.

ReverendDexter
ReverendDexter Dork
8/4/10 10:56 a.m.
93celicaGT2 wrote: The 2grfse is a NASTY NASTY motor.

It's a real shame Toyota only puts it in sedans. It takes a company like Lotus to really show it's potential.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
StNMX0rPp9UypBT0DxDyv72xFVEMl2E0ZKezUdlQQQ2oJvl9d5C052NzjX2yeAv3