1 2
OldGray320i
OldGray320i Reader
2/4/14 1:18 p.m.

...but did Honda take the old 2-door Cobalt, make it ugly, and call it the new Civic?

I saw one yesterday, after lunch, so maybe that Double-Double with grilled onions was influencing the vision a bit. The Civic's are usually interesting to look at, if not down right good looking, but not this one.

Ooof...

Bobzilla
Bobzilla PowerDork
2/4/14 1:29 p.m.

there hasn't been a good looking civic since 2006

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
2/4/14 1:30 p.m.

HAH! You win. Totally a Cobalt.

Powar
Powar SuperDork
2/4/14 1:33 p.m.
Bobzilla wrote: there hasn't been a good looking civic since 2006

I'd say six years before that.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla PowerDork
2/4/14 1:38 p.m.

well, at least the 01-06 wasn't UGLY. It was still acceptible to look at. After that? Yuck.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla PowerDork
2/4/14 1:38 p.m.

well, at least the 01-06 wasn't UGLY. It was still acceptible to look at. After that? Yuck.

whenry
whenry HalfDork
2/4/14 1:40 p.m.

Looks like Honda looked over the fence and hired the designer at Hyundai or Kia.

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
2/4/14 1:42 p.m.

In reply to whenry:

Now that is funny...And true. The car in the pic above looks a lot more like a Kia than a Cobalt.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla PowerDork
2/4/14 1:47 p.m.
bravenrace wrote: In reply to whenry: Now that is funny...And true. The car in the pic above looks a lot more like a Kia than a Cobalt.

Not enough Torque to be a Kia.

OldGray320i
OldGray320i Reader
2/4/14 1:52 p.m.
bravenrace wrote: In reply to whenry: Now that is funny...And true. The car in the pic above looks a lot more like a Kia than a Cobalt.

As they say of a gang-banger with one leg shorter than the other - Not even holmes.

Kia's have a decent look, as do the Hyundais.

I thought the Cobalt was a decent looking car, but that Civic looks like somebody mugged a Cobalt and left it lying in the gutter.

t25torx
t25torx Reader
2/4/14 1:55 p.m.

Ugh.. when are they going to stop making flat sided fenders? I hate that crap. I blame Nissan for starting that with the 350Z, it looks like they were designing the car, then ran out of space and just chopped them off to fit inside some imaginary box. I miss the rounded edges of fenders .

More of this

Less of this

Mr_Clutch42
Mr_Clutch42 Reader
2/4/14 2:01 p.m.

I never really liked the styling of Civics. But I did like the styling of the Cobalt some. Especially the SS version.

Mr_Clutch42
Mr_Clutch42 Reader
2/4/14 2:03 p.m.

In reply to t25torx: I never noticed flat-sided fenders until you pointed them out. Rounded fenders are better but the FRS/BRZ look beautiful anyway.

Enyar
Enyar HalfDork
2/4/14 2:12 p.m.

On the other hand, the new Accord looks great.

nocones
nocones SuperDork
2/4/14 2:15 p.m.

I thought the 07-11 looked pretty good. The coupe was a little strange but the sedan looked great.

AverageH
AverageH Reader
2/4/14 2:28 p.m.

I like the Go-bot inspired battle wheels.

You know, it kind of reminds me of a Toyota echo.

-Hamid

Rufledt
Rufledt SuperDork
2/4/14 2:31 p.m.

What's with the gigantic overhangs? are they trying to make it longer than the accord? What if people want a small hatchback like the old civic? Oh yeah, the car bloated so much that they made the Fit to fill the space... I don't get it.

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
2/4/14 2:32 p.m.
OldGray320i wrote:
As they say of a gang-banger with one leg shorter than the other - Not even holmes. Kia's have a decent look, as do the Hyundais. I thought the Cobalt was a decent looking car, but that Civic looks like somebody mugged a Cobalt and left it lying in the gutter.

Granted, the Kia and Honda don't look exactly alike, but I fail to see how one could consider one of these ugly and the other good looking, or that the Civic looks like a Cobalt and not a Kia.

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
2/4/14 2:34 p.m.

In reply to t25torx:

I agree about the flat fender lips, and Nissan is to blame. While the new Civic is one of the worst offenders, I'm sorry that I don't see a huge difference in the two cars you posted.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 UltraDork
2/4/14 2:37 p.m.

the only thing i don't like about my sedan is the front bumper has too much going on. I would much rather go back to the 2012 sedan front bumper or the coupe...Your selection in diet has me questioning any of your opinions :)

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson PowerDork
2/4/14 2:42 p.m.

I wish they would stop copying the Aston grille

AverageH
AverageH Reader
2/4/14 2:46 p.m.

Yeah, and those darned pixels....

OldGray320i
OldGray320i Reader
2/4/14 2:48 p.m.
DirtyBird222 wrote: ...Your selection in diet has me questioning any of your opinions :)

Hey, wait a minute... a double cheeseburger, especially from In & Out, is classic All-American goodness. What, are you a communist or something?

whenry
whenry HalfDork
2/4/14 2:49 p.m.

lots of Tiburon and Genesis heritage to my old man's eyes. But even Toyota has fallen for the trap. Guess slab sides are not attractive to the masses anymore.

logdog
logdog Dork
2/4/14 4:04 p.m.

I miss the old days when cars all looked different from one another. Take the 57 chevy for example. I dare you to find one other car from that era with tail fins and two tone pastel paint. Cant be done.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
lB04Nwcp47R7VXgBXah4kAn7A1ktHXetaKDMpthm00Bqn0gUnr43var7cnw4mD3h