Wowak
Wowak Dork
6/10/08 3:06 p.m.

Short story: Car won't go into any gear while running. New master AND slave cylinder.

Read more here:

http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=286111

Oh BTW I was supposed to be leaving today to move to Pensacola Beach.

Wowak
Wowak Dork
6/11/08 1:42 p.m.

The clutch disk hub broke on the edge next to one of the springs. Still not really sure how that caused the problem i had, but now I have a new master and slave, clutch, pressure plate, flywheel, pilot bearing, throwout bearing, and rear main seal. They're buttoning it up now. (Shop is within walking distance of the house.)

carzan
carzan New Reader
6/11/08 2:51 p.m.

I had that happen on a Dodge Raider (Mits Montero) a few years ago. The damping spring mechanism in the clutch disk came apart, damaged the disk hub and began jamming parts against the inner circumference of the pressure plate. But in my case, mine was rather noisy which made it more than obvious that it was an internal problem. -Louis-

confuZion3
confuZion3 Reader
6/11/08 3:30 p.m.

Didn't someone just have the same problem? I think I remember seeing a clutch with a broken hub and a bunch of springs sticking out. Maybe it was another thread of yours?

Sorry to hear about the situation. Hope everything goes well with the new job.

Wowak
Wowak Dork
6/11/08 4:19 p.m.

Wasn't me. I've never seen this happen before. Even stranger that there was no noise to indicate a problem in the bellhousing.

mikeatrpi
mikeatrpi New Reader
6/13/08 9:05 a.m.

It was me with the same problem.

So that makes two of us who have never seen it happen before!

fiat22turbo
fiat22turbo SuperDork
6/13/08 1:30 p.m.

Looks like a stress fracture because the plate that helps hold the springs in place had something riding on it, flexing the plate. Looks to be the fingers for the clutch pressure plate. Perhaps to exuberant with the clutch pedal? Too much throw on the clave cylinder? Holding the clutch in while stopped instead of leaving it in neutral with the clutch out? Or it could have simply been a poorly built clutch plate where the holes for the rivets weren't properly addressed during manufacture creating stress risers along the holes leading to the stress fracture along the rivet head.

Stefan

Wowak
Wowak Dork
6/15/08 1:31 p.m.

The parts are long gone, and so am I, moved to Pensacola Beach.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
berInJjVguMyXifzM5LCbltHprcm1zkv5jIIWFuhmoeAu02hXXctdDW4I1egqrI5