The Staff of Motorsport Marketing
The Staff of Motorsport Marketing Writer
9/17/24 10:31 a.m.

Coming soon: this fall’s big East Coast Miata event. 

Connecticut’s Lime Rock Park will hold its second annual MiataCon on October 25-26. Last year’s event brought together over 400 Mazda Miata participants and thousands of spectators from across the nation. 

Read the rest of the story

Coniglio Rampante
Coniglio Rampante Reader
9/17/24 10:43 a.m.

There are almost an infinite number of worse-ways to spend a weekend than being at Lime Rock, in a Miata, in Autumn.  heart

Chris Tropea
Chris Tropea Associate Editor
9/17/24 10:46 a.m.

This event is on my bucket list. Lime Rock is a beautiful track and the weather should be perfect that time of year. 

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
9/17/24 10:57 a.m.

That's the weekend before the big Miata Reunion at Sears Point. 3000 miles, roughly 45 hours of drive time. Leave Sunday, get to Sacramento on Thursday. I hope someone's planning an epic road trip :)

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
9/17/24 11:08 a.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

A cross-country Miata road trip like that almost sounds like a right of passage.

02Pilot
02Pilot PowerDork
9/17/24 11:27 a.m.

I'm going to try to make it up there for this event this year. I planned to go last year, but something came up at the last minute.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
9/18/24 9:18 a.m.
Keith Tanner said:

That's the weekend before the big Miata Reunion at Sears Point. 3000 miles, roughly 45 hours of drive time. Leave Sunday, get to Sacramento on Thursday. I hope someone's planning an epic road trip :)

Owner at Flyin’ Miata

Don’t tempt me with a good time. 

WonkoTheSane
WonkoTheSane UltraDork
9/18/24 10:40 a.m.

I'd love to pop over for that, I'll be at Thompson with Xtreme Xperience that weekend if any GRMers want to come hang out and drive a Ferrari/Lambo/Porsche/etc. with me.

I'm not sure if playing with supercars at Thompson instead of driving my Miata at Lime Rock counts as a :( or a :) face, so you can judge :)

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
9/18/24 10:52 a.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens :

I am 100% tempting you. Pick your Miata, it could either be a GRM or a CM article :)

35th anniversary celebration of the car at the Reunion this year, I think GRM would do well to attend. I know a guy if you need a connection.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
9/18/24 12:18 p.m.

I know, I know. I’m showing and judging at Hilton Head that weekend. Otherwise, I’d be Miata-ing. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ogwljjOGdoDMrHYQCAAu1G4e96u9PnGtN6rdT3oGg01MOFePBNmdqyyHykGIaprO