JThw8
JThw8 Dork
1/28/09 9:58 a.m.

Rather than even try to explain why we will just chalk it up to automotive ADD, so I sold the 69 Caddy we were going to take on the rally.

The plan, short lived as it was, was to just wait until a few weeks before the rally and pick up any heap I found on CL for $500 or less. The exception to the plan was "unless something too cool to resist shows up"

I think a 69 Olds Delta 88 Convertible qualifies as too cool to resist.

It runs...sorta. It has ventilated floors, gross interior and no redeeming qualities whatsoever. Perfect.

The power top still works...well the frame moves...there is no top. I think we are going to attempt to build a duct tape convertible top for her :)

JThw8
JThw8 Dork
1/28/09 10:08 a.m.
derekshannon wrote: If I lived near you, I'd want to be your friend!

My wife, and the wifes of my friends, says Im a bad influence.

Volksroddin
Volksroddin HalfDork
1/28/09 10:15 a.m.
JThw8 wrote:
derekshannon wrote: If I lived near you, I'd want to be your friend!
My wife, and the wifes of my friends, says Im a bad influence.

Arnt we all?

GregTivo
GregTivo Reader
1/28/09 1:42 p.m.

Imagine what Jim did BEFORE he was married.

So at what point did you introduce the missus to the veritable salvage yard you ran back in your bachelor days?

JThw8
JThw8 Dork
1/28/09 2:02 p.m.
GregTivo wrote: Imagine what Jim did BEFORE he was married. So at what point did you introduce the missus to the veritable salvage yard you ran back in your bachelor days?

When we met I lived on 5 acres with a 3 car garage and a 6 car barn. There were 30ish cars on the property (I hid cars for my married friends) She came to see it about the 3rd or 4th date.

We started off very clear and early with this is what I do, I dont cheat, I dont do drugs, I'll keep food on the table...but these are my toys and they make me happy. She's been pretty good about it. Tossing her a few bux every time one of them sells goes a long way to ensure the peace as well.

She has outlawed hearses though...which makes me want one even more.

Actually I've gotten ALOT worse since BABE. It just fills me with compulsion to buy sub 500 cars.

willy19592
willy19592 New Reader
1/28/09 2:11 p.m.

OH THATS JUST SO SAD! I knew that grill before ever looking at the rest of the pics, I was skimming the words, and saw caddy, and I was jumping up and down LOL then I read the entire article

I had my first um DATE in a 70 olds 88.. Still married to the lady too!

littleturquoiseb
littleturquoiseb Reader
1/28/09 4:15 p.m.
JThw8 wrote: When we met I lived on 5 acres with a 3 car garage and a 6 car barn. There were 30ish cars on the property (I hid cars for my married friends) She came to see it about the 3rd or 4th date. She has outlawed hearses though...which makes me want one even more.

Buy the Hearse .... you can hide it at my place. (only 2.5 hours away!)

Jeff

JThw8
JThw8 Dork
1/28/09 5:03 p.m.
littleturquoiseb wrote:
JThw8 wrote: When we met I lived on 5 acres with a 3 car garage and a 6 car barn. There were 30ish cars on the property (I hid cars for my married friends) She came to see it about the 3rd or 4th date. She has outlawed hearses though...which makes me want one even more.
Buy the Hearse .... you can hide it at my place. (only 2.5 hours away!) Jeff

If I find a BABE eligible hearse Im buyin it, I'll put it in a storage unit. Im still mad that I passed on one last year.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
yjb6qwgw0L1Yd73Zu6k2XwSahxVPrxCxlHz64QdIYtaAVsQKyECs9QGCPqElXnFF