gsettle
gsettle New Reader
9/20/23 12:16 p.m.

Well, I let all the smoke out of my 4L60E on the race track and I have swapped in a AR5 manual that I got from @garaithon. I took my ecu to my tuner to have the manual trans segment swap done to it. Got everything back together and the motor won’t rev over 1500rpm. It hits 1500 and drops to about 500ish then it’ll go up to idle speed or, if you're still on the gas, back up to 1500….on and on
Tuner has the ecu back for the third time now and he can’t find anything like abuse mode and I’m starting to think the problem may be on my end.
I haven’t done anything to any of my wiring except plug in my new clutch safety switch (truck had plug already) and zip tie up all the plugs that use to plug into the 4L60. Still have the the auto column shift lever and everything.
98 GMC Sonoma 5.3LS swap.

Can any of you think of something I’m missing?

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr PowerDork
9/20/23 12:20 p.m.
gsettle said:

Well, I let all the smoke out of my 4L60E on the race track and I have swapped in a AR5 manual that I got from @garaithon. I took my ecu to my tuner to have the manual trans segment swap done to it. Got everything back together and the motor won’t rev over 1500rpm. It hits 1500 and drops to about 500ish then it’ll go up to idle speed or, if you're still on the gas, back up to 1500….on and on
Tuner has the ecu back for the third time now and he can’t find anything like abuse mode and I’m starting to think the problem may be on my end.
I haven’t done anything to any of my wiring except plug in my new clutch safety switch (truck had plug already) and zip tie up all the plugs that use to plug into the 4L60. Still have the the auto column shift lever and everything.
98 GMC Sonoma 5.3LS swap.

Can any of you think of something I’m missing?

My 2015 silverado won't rev past 1500 rpm in neutral.  I wonder if it needs to know / think it is in gear.

iansane
iansane Dork
9/20/23 12:35 p.m.

Do you know how your tuner changed for manual? I just had a similar thing in my LSe30. In hptuners I changed the drop down from auto to manual and I had a hard 2k rev limiter. Seems unless you do a full segment swap you need to keep it as an "auto".

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthread.php?62511-losing-power-after-2k-rpm-changed-from-auto-to-manual

RacetruckRon
RacetruckRon SuperDork
9/20/23 12:57 p.m.

Is your VSS hooked up to the AR5? I know Scotty Con Queso had some issues with stock ECU and rev hang/rev limiter stuff on his AR5 swap.

rustomatic
rustomatic HalfDork
9/20/23 7:54 p.m.

You might need an actual manual PCM.  Definitely scour the HP Tuners threads for answers.

gsettle
gsettle New Reader
9/20/23 9:43 p.m.

Thanks all... He got it figured out,there was a different abuse mode setting causing the problem. All good now. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
YBEUk0GOB87wOkOYnxy54Z8JTjJhyBfxCHhdpJX4qealxXLZa6nP1HZjWQwC0lIN