3 4 5 6 7
ultraclyde
ultraclyde Dork
11/27/12 5:15 a.m.

I actually cross shopped my Mustang Gt against the WRX and Cooper S when buying new in 05. I wanted the best across-the-board performance car under $30k. I bought the mustang.

I don't like the camaro, mainly for the styling issues mentioned above, but I have seen a couple ZL1s that looked pretty nice.

Sky_Render
Sky_Render HalfDork
11/27/12 7:04 a.m.
Bobfehancamaro1LE wrote: In reply to fidelity101: Check this one out, its one bad machine, ready to hit the track in 2013. Tested twice already and broke booth track records.

Is this post a joke?

RossD
RossD UberDork
11/27/12 7:16 a.m.

[edited because I have better manners that my original post]

racerfink
racerfink SuperDork
11/27/12 8:03 a.m.
dyintorace wrote:
Knurled wrote:
novaderrik wrote:
ArthurDent wrote: Man that Camaro looks like a bloated mess next to that MR2.
i was thinking that the MR2 looks adorable next to a real car... but that's probably why i'll never really truly "fit in" on this site..
The sick thing is that people who are 5'8 are complaining about the lack of headroom in the Camaro, while people who are 6'5 can drive an AW11 with a helmet on.
I've never driven an AW11 so I can't comment on that, but I did recently choose a Camaro SS as a rental car, just to have a chance to drive one. I'm 5'8" coincidentally and couldn't see out of the Camaro to save my life! I've never driven a car that felt so claustrophobic. I literally had to lean forward against the steering wheel to see the stoplight if I was the first car in line. Crazy!

Hmmm... Pretty much the same problems I have in my Miata at 6' 2"

bravenrace
bravenrace PowerDork
11/27/12 8:08 a.m.
racerfink wrote:
dyintorace wrote:
Knurled wrote:
novaderrik wrote:
i was thinking that the MR2 looks adorable next to a real car... but that's probably why i'll never really truly "fit in" on this site..
The sick thing is that people who are 5'8 are complaining about the lack of headroom in the Camaro, while people who are 6'5 can drive an AW11 with a helmet on.
I've never driven an AW11 so I can't comment on that, but I did recently choose a Camaro SS as a rental car, just to have a chance to drive one. I'm 5'8" coincidentally and couldn't see out of the Camaro to save my life! I've never driven a car that felt so claustrophobic. I literally had to lean forward against the steering wheel to see the stoplight if I was the first car in line. Crazy!

And my Solstice.

Cotton
Cotton Dork
11/27/12 8:48 a.m.
bravenrace wrote:
racerfink wrote:
dyintorace wrote:
Knurled wrote:
novaderrik wrote:
And my Solstice.

and my 60 Beetle lol. I think half the vehicles we own have bad visibility based on the measuring stick of this forum.

Bobfehancamaro1LE
Bobfehancamaro1LE New Reader
11/27/12 5:16 p.m.

In reply to Javelin:

Javelin sorry I got started off on the wrong foot, I have a long history of racing Fords, in fact, Edsel and I had a long talk at SEMA a few weeks ago and he is getting me a new Boss Mustang LS to also build for the 2013 season. There is lots to like about both cars, Its like the old days of Parnelli Jones and Mark Donohue, both teams and great cars. Times are good for car guys like us, lots of HP to choose from. And no the Fehan boys dont have the same last name as Andretti or Petty but we have won several road race champoinships and Lemans 7 times.

Cotton
Cotton Dork
11/27/12 5:22 p.m.
Bobfehancamaro1LE wrote: In reply to Javelin: Javelin sorry I got started off on the wrong foot, I have a long history of racing Fords, in fact, Edsel and I had a long talk at SEMA a few weeks ago and he is getting me a new Boss Mustang LS to also build for the 2013 season. There is lots to like about both cars, Its like the old days of Parnelli Jones and Mark Donohue, both teams and great cars. Times are good for car guys like us, lots of HP to choose from. And no the Fehan boys dont have the same last name as Andretti or Petty but we have won several road race champoinships and Lemans 7 times.

Bob, welcome to the forum and please don't let the negative comments run you off.

e_pie
e_pie HalfDork
11/27/12 5:23 p.m.

All the power and handling in the world can't fix ugly and overweight.

Cotton
Cotton Dork
11/27/12 5:26 p.m.
e_pie wrote: All the power and handling in the world can't fix ugly and overweight.

You have a clubman...some people would say those look a little special.

irish44j
irish44j UltraDork
11/27/12 5:30 p.m.

I will say that my buddies at Mitchum Motorsport have been running a pair of Camaros in Grand Am and doing pretty well, IIRC. They look much better in race livery on a big track than they do on the street :)

And these are guys who also race enduro Spec Miata and a pair of 1-series BMWs, as well as Rolex Porsches....

Bobfehancamaro1LE
11/27/12 5:30 p.m.

In reply to Cotton: Thanks Cotton,

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
11/27/12 5:47 p.m.
Bobfehancamaro1LE wrote: In reply to Javelin: Javelin sorry I got started off on the wrong foot, I have a long history of racing Fords, in fact, Edsel and I had a long talk at SEMA a few weeks ago and he is getting me a new Boss Mustang LS to also build for the 2013 season. There is lots to like about both cars, Its like the old days of Parnelli Jones and Mark Donohue, both teams and great cars. Times are good for car guys like us, lots of HP to choose from. And no the Fehan boys dont have the same last name as Andretti or Petty but we have won several road race champoinships and Lemans 7 times.

Well hey, now that you've introduced yourself, welcome! Sorry about the negativity, but we get quite a few snake oil salesmen in here who want to hype up their latest wares. It looks like you are obviously not in that category.

So, how about some info on what you've done to the 1LE to overcome it's deficiencies?

racerfink
racerfink SuperDork
11/27/12 5:59 p.m.

What deficiencies?

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
11/27/12 6:06 p.m.
racerfink wrote: What deficiencies?

4,000Lbs to start...

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
11/27/12 6:10 p.m.

In reply to Bobfehancamaro1LE:

And doing some google searching led me to your Flikr stream. Looks like your an auto appearance package designer? (S10 Cameo, lots of SEMA one-offs, Camaro F1, etc) And a road racer at one point with Roush Protofab?

The only thing I could find on your SEMA 1LE was that it was in the Continental Tire show booth:

Bobfehancamaro1LE
11/27/12 7:44 p.m.

In reply to Javelin: BP Corvette champion , Gt1 Corvette champion , SSA Cosworth Vega Champion , SSA Ford motorsport Mustang Champion , SSGT SVO Mustang Champion, GT1 GE Lexan Mustang Champion, GT1 Mac Tools Roush Mustang Champion , 2 Firehawk Endurance Championships Firebird GTA, ASedan Champion Mobil 1 Firebird, and my partner Doug Fehan, 3 trans am titles, 1 Imsa GTP title, and Pratt And Miller Corvette GTR LMAS series and Lemans Champion ships. To mention a few.

Knurled
Knurled SuperDork
11/27/12 8:04 p.m.

Can't fit 15" wheels to fit gravel tires = no sale, sorry...

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
11/27/12 9:20 p.m.

I understand you did most of that as a driver, and it certainly is a very impressive resume. How much chassis tuning did you do and what other OEM projects were you on? I assume this 1LE isn't your first rodeo?

Bobfehancamaro1LE
11/28/12 5:41 a.m.

Javlin, Ron Fournier, Gary Pratt , Bob Negsted, Bob Riley, lee White, and i have worked together on chassis development for over 40 years, The GE Lexon Mustang was the chassis development vehicle for the production SVO Mustang, I designed , developed and mauufactured all the TRD truck and Nascar cup chassis when Toyota went into Nascar racing. Every race car may brother and I built, we were responsible for the complete vehicle development. We have built and worked with the best, I was the reason Jack Roush got into road racing, Next year my book will be out telling the whole story, I can't discuss on a live blog what I did to the 1-LE because that's the grey area that makes winners, trust me, it's everything from the wind tunnel to chassis dynamics. Thanks for asking,

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
11/28/12 9:09 a.m.

Man, definitely let us know when that book comes out! Sounds like good reading. The 80's with the SVO and Roush were some great times for Ford in American road racing. Keep us up to date on the 1LE too. I think you have everyone's attention now that we know you're not a canoe salesman.

m4ff3w
m4ff3w UltraDork
11/28/12 9:11 a.m.
Javelin wrote: In reply to Bobfehancamaro1LE: Man, *definitely* let us know when that book comes out! Sounds like good reading. The 80's with the SVO and Roush were some great times for Ford in American road racing. Keep us up to date on the 1LE too. I think you have everyone's attention now that we know you're not a canoe salesman.

+1

Bobfehancamaro1LE
11/28/12 11:23 a.m.

Javlin, Ron Fournier, Gary Pratt , Bob Negsted, Bob Riley, lee White, and i have worked together on chassis development for over 40 years, The GE Lexon Mustang was the chassis development vehicle for the production SVO Mustang, I designed , developed and mauufactured all the TRD truck and Nascar cup chassis when Toyota went into Nascar racing. Every race car may brother and I built, we were responsible for the complete vehicle development. We have built and worked with the best, I was the reason Jack Roush got into road racing, Next year my book will be out telling the whole story, I can't discuss on a live blog what I did to the 1-LE because that's the grey area that makes winners, trust me, it's everything from the wind tunnel to chassis dynamics. Thanks for asking,

Bobfehancamaro1LE
11/28/12 4:45 p.m.

In reply to Bobfehancamaro1LE: Javlin will do, Im still in the process of holding Edsel to his word in getting me the Boss LS, i will keep you posted on that as well.

Bobfehancamaro1LE
11/28/12 4:51 p.m.

This is the car that got Jack so Geeked about road racing

3 4 5 6 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
bhW7XKcBuow33LH1XL5S30uQqUHKqT9yTIQqctWzQCQX6cloSpfoAjcPTpPAJSyK