2 3 4
mad_machine
mad_machine MegaDork
10/1/13 7:30 a.m.

I wish I had a camera when I saw it.. but I did once see an X-1/9 parked next to abrand new camry.. it made the fiat look like it was a gocart.

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
10/1/13 7:36 a.m.
Chris_V wrote: Used to be car guys would look for things to like in enthusiast cars. Now they look for things to hate. A fundamental shift. And a depressing and fundamentally ugly shift it is.

You make a good point. Having lived through the 60's, I can say that most guys I knew cared a lot more about how fast their muscle car was versus how it looked. The Camaro obviously performs well for what it is, and it wasn't that long ago that most of us would have thought such a car was impossible. I know I did back around 1980.

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory HalfDork
10/1/13 9:23 a.m.

There was a time back in the 90's when the Mustang vs. Camaro brawl was hot and heavy and the 5.0 Ford was pumping out ~230 fire-breathing horses.

Now Hyundais laugh at that number.

We live in pretty good automotive times my friends, lets enjoy it!

wspohn
wspohn Reader
10/1/13 10:49 a.m.
Keith Tanner wrote: I had a 4th gen Camero for a while. Big fat pig of a car.

The current one also fits that description, but more so. Fat assed barge. I remember when the Camaro was a relatively light medium sized sedan that handled decently. Didn't know it would some day become the Elvis of medium sized sedans! Bloat seems to affect everything these days and the stylists adding a steatopygian butt defies reason.

2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dNT0aA3GlFmL2SFCWFiqDWxiNaUX11WWHIdUAzzbEx50vaqKSuUZJrhRWA0R8pMy