carguy123
carguy123 PowerDork
9/27/12 5:19 p.m.

As the wife of a BMW works driver you follow countless races closely, always hoping your husband puts in a great result, coming home without a scratch. However, Liri Farfus wanted to experience a lap of the Nordschleife by herself - and joined Augusto as a co-driver in the "Green Hell".

Just taking the wife for a spin.

While she's German I swear she sounds Japanese.

Just a slow lap of the Nordschleife to show his wife what he does. The sad thing is, he really was taking it easy.

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose New Reader
9/27/12 7:33 p.m.

Very cool.
Almost makes me sad that my GF has such a lead foot, it'd be hard for me to get any reaction like that out of her with my driving.

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof UberDork
9/27/12 7:54 p.m.
carguy123 wrote: While she's German I swear she sounds Japanese.

Are you sure about that?

I didn't watch the whole thing, but the beginning looks like a spoof of that Ricardo Patrese video

carguy123
carguy123 PowerDork
9/27/12 10:47 p.m.

This isn't a spoof. She just has this real high, tiny voice and I've been listening to a lot of Japanese video and she has that cadence.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH PowerDork
9/28/12 7:22 a.m.

They're speaking Brazilian.

She does have a squeaky cartoon voice though

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed Dork
9/28/12 7:29 a.m.

She sounds completely Japanese to me almost like it has been dubbed in..................also, shouldn't they be wearing helmets? I have to wear a helmet at auto crosses and I don't even go over 30 mph. Or maybe I should say........I think I would be wearing a helmet on that ride. Wouldn't feel to good hitting a guard rail at 140 mph.

Spinout007
Spinout007 Dork
9/28/12 7:31 a.m.

Very cartoonish. "Don't jump, don't jump!"

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof UberDork
9/28/12 9:04 a.m.

I went back and tried to watch it. I got about 2 minutes in and couldn't take any more. What an annoying and poorly made video

Flight Service
Flight Service SuperDork
9/28/12 9:09 a.m.

I am driving slowly.

LOVED IT! Thanks for that post

bastomatic
bastomatic Dork
9/28/12 9:28 a.m.

I would pay a ton of money to have this guy take my mother in law around a track at about 2/10ths or so. Maybe that would cure her of using the "passenger brake" and bracing herself against the passenger-side airbag when we're taking an easy drive on the freeway.

Teh E36 M3
Teh E36 M3 Dork
9/28/12 9:33 a.m.

Watch her earrings if you think they aren't cornering hard.

Cute girl!!

ransom
ransom SuperDork
9/28/12 10:32 a.m.
GameboyRMH wrote: They're speaking Brazilian.

Ah, Portuguese. I thought that didn't sound like German... But mine's so bad the only big clue I got was that "brakes" in the subtitles wasn't being heard as "bremsen", but as "frene" (sp?), but I couldn't remember which language that I know a few words of was similar (turns out I was probably thinking Spanish, where it's "frenos").

NOHOME
NOHOME Dork
9/28/12 10:44 a.m.
Zomby Woof wrote:
carguy123 wrote: While she's German I swear she sounds Japanese.
Are you sure about that? I didn't watch the whole thing, but the beginning looks like a spoof of that Ricardo Patrese video

Not anywhere as hot as Patrese's wife. Guess the Brazillians don't have that one-arm salute that Mrs Patrese does so well!

Still fun to watch.

wbjones
wbjones UltraDork
9/28/12 2:05 p.m.

maybe not as hot ... but still pretty damn cute ....

m4ff3w
m4ff3w UltraDork
9/28/12 2:41 p.m.

Very cute.

NOHOME
NOHOME Dork
9/28/12 4:24 p.m.
m4ff3w wrote: Very cute.

Looks too much like my daughter.

You perverts...

Grinch337
Grinch337 New Reader
9/28/12 4:26 p.m.
Feedyurhed wrote: She sounds completely Japanese to me almost like it has been dubbed in..................also, shouldn't they be wearing helmets? I have to wear a helmet at auto crosses and I don't even go over 30 mph. Or maybe I should say........I think I would be wearing a helmet on that ride. Wouldn't feel to good hitting a guard rail at 140 mph.

Nurburgring doesnt require helmets. When I took a trip around it in the ring taxi non of us were wearing helmets.

Teh E36 M3
Teh E36 M3 Dork
9/28/12 8:09 p.m.
NOHOME wrote:
m4ff3w wrote: Very cute.
Looks too much like my daughter. You perverts...

You don't by chance frequent motorsports events in the DC region do you (with said daughter)?

Sonic
Sonic SuperDork
9/28/12 10:00 p.m.

At next month's lemons race in NH, I'm going to take my 69 year old mother along for some testing laps in our turbo Civic wagovan on testing day. I expect the same sort of hilarity to ensue, she has never experienced real track laps.

oldsaw
oldsaw PowerDork
9/28/12 11:26 p.m.

I'll take maturity and passion over cute...............

wbjones
wbjones UltraDork
9/29/12 9:18 p.m.

hell, if it's being offered ( I missed where it was ) I'll take either

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed Dork
9/30/12 6:05 a.m.
Grinch337 wrote:
Feedyurhed wrote: She sounds completely Japanese to me almost like it has been dubbed in..................also, shouldn't they be wearing helmets? I have to wear a helmet at auto crosses and I don't even go over 30 mph. Or maybe I should say........I think I would be wearing a helmet on that ride. Wouldn't feel to good hitting a guard rail at 140 mph.
Nurburgring doesnt require helmets. When I took a trip around it in the ring taxi non of us were wearing helmets.

Ya I know they don't require them but I think I would wear one anyway. Just like the helmet laws involving motorcycles, many states don't require them but I am wearing one.

novaderrik
novaderrik SuperDork
9/30/12 7:08 a.m.

i bet he got a little bit of action after getting her all worked up like that,,

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
uptVCpuIC9FOepKmzY82xuswSWWvAeAeKU743aTZWZ4JXdgFrLGeM9zeSoQuaQ0M