Liv2race
Liv2race New Reader
6/26/11 6:25 p.m.

Hey everyone. Anyone here have a miata who goes to track days at eather e-town or nj motorsports park etc?

I mostly go on track days with BMW cca and the only way to get a miata on there with this is a scca logbook for roll cage and hardtop. Wondering if any of you guys roll with a club that is more lenient. I.e after market roll bar and hardtop maybe?

Not sure of it would be a open track days or a Mazda event. Just looking for info. Thanks!

CarRamRod
CarRamRod New Reader
6/26/11 6:41 p.m.

I run with EMRA and they just require a roll bar and you to be under it. They go to NJMP, Lime Rock, Pocono, Summit Point, Beaverun, and occasionally the Glen.

car39
car39 Reader
6/26/11 7:04 p.m.

I run with CART and ditto on the four point bar and you have to be under it. We go to Lime Rock and Pocono, just ran Lime Rock on Thursday. It was a combination track day and swim meet, thanks to the weather. www.cartct.com for info

Woody
Woody SuperDork
6/26/11 7:37 p.m.

EMRA, CART and SCDA.

peter
peter Reader
6/26/11 8:39 p.m.

Add to the list PDA (aka NASA Northeast?), I've run with them at Lime Rock and NJMP.

bcp2011
bcp2011 New Reader
6/26/11 11:21 p.m.

COM SCC and Track Daze are others where u just need to fit under the rollbar.

Liv2race
Liv2race New Reader
6/27/11 12:43 a.m.

Thanks guys! So just about any aftermarket 4pt roll bar will do?

Woody
Woody SuperDork
6/27/11 12:56 a.m.

Make sure you get something that is SCCA approved, even if you're running with another club.

aeronca65t
aeronca65t Dork
6/27/11 5:45 a.m.

Yes, as like others above, I've run ~This Miata~ in EMRA, ~NASA_NE~and ~C.A.R.T.~. (although I'm mainly a vintage racer with a different car)

You may also want to consider the ~PHA~ (they run some track days as well as hillclimbs).

All these groups are good fun and decent folks. Depending on how tall you are, be sure you have you head below bar with helmet on. I rake my seat back a little (at the expense of foot room) to drop my head. If I were doing this more often, I'd remove padding from the seat (or use a race seat).

Video-> ~Miata at C.A.R.T.~

Photos -> ~Also with C.A.R.T.~

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dE2AIRNAYMZpKUgI991JejA8WptQT8OKXywRYYEBHl5647fGXjkOshraVSOa6qPX