BlueFalcon
BlueFalcon New Reader
1/15/15 5:13 p.m.

A couple months back I shared that SWMBO had authorized the two car option. She would take the Prius, sell the Matrix to my parents, then I get to purchase up to two vehicles for less than $15k. I am happy to say that I have found both vehicles.

Number 1 is a 2003 e39 525i that will function as the DD. I found it at a local dealer with 147xxx miles and after some minor maintenance issues/new tires it ran right around $6k. I plan to do the cooling system/vanos once it warms up to stay on top of things, but other than that it has been running trouble free for 2k miles.

Number 2 is a 2006 RX8 with 73k miles and an excellent service history that will function as the backup DD/Autocross/HPDE car that I found for around $6K. I plan to keep it in C-Street and will add Koni sports, front sway bar, and a set of ZII Star Specs once it warms up. I do not see the need to get any more as I primarily want to use the car to learn how to drive well.

All in all I am happy to have two iconic RWD vehicles for about 12K and look forward to a fun year of Autocross/HPDE. Sure beats driving that damn Prius!!

Kia_Racer
Kia_Racer Dork
1/15/15 5:17 p.m.

Nice score

tomtomgt356
tomtomgt356 New Reader
1/15/15 5:57 p.m.

Now that's what I call an upgrade!

dean1484
dean1484 UltimaDork
1/16/15 7:43 a.m.

Both fun cars. I am interested in how the RX holds up.

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill SuperDork
1/16/15 7:50 a.m.

These are exactly the two vehicles I was considering for exactly the same price for exactly the same duty

(well, e39 or e46. The jury was still out on that one)

Great score!

noddaz
noddaz Dork
1/16/15 9:38 a.m.
dean1484 wrote: Both fun cars. I am interested in how the RX holds up, after you put a LS in it.

fixed that for you...

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
l9fKPUrmRtesZulEJ8tjFoZAGwPoYOoYAc3YjPFnpsI6rAlFqVQvIqH3U2JH1UXi