1 2
Lesley
Lesley SuperDork
8/12/11 10:11 p.m.

No dammit. No turbo either. And it's a slushbox. On purpose. It's my beater. I need something that doesn't tempt me to have fun with it. Yet, it's still a riot to drive in deep snow.

NOHOME
NOHOME HalfDork
8/13/11 6:57 a.m.

I suppose you are done with your Christmas shopping also?

This kind of forward thinking and plan execution might get you banned from this board. It ain't right...

wbjones
wbjones SuperDork
8/13/11 11:25 a.m.
fornetti14 wrote: Any junk yard leather seats from a '97-'99 Outback will bolt right in. Cruise in style this winter!

yeah and without the seat heater you'll freeze you arse off ... cloth seats FTW

mad_machine
mad_machine SuperDork
8/13/11 5:08 p.m.

seat heaters for the win! I never had one until my first saab.. now I love them. I feel like a lizard on a hotrock with them on

Grtechguy
Grtechguy SuperDork
8/13/11 5:14 p.m.
mad_machine wrote: seat heaters for the win! I never had one until my first saab.. now I love them. I feel like a lizard on a hotrock with them on

Truth!

02Pilot
02Pilot Reader
8/13/11 6:25 p.m.
mad_machine wrote: seat heaters for the win! I never had one until my first saab.. now I love them. I feel like a lizard on a hotrock with them on

I really do prefer cloth seats, but seeing as they're nearly impossible to find in the types of cars I otherwise gravitate towards, I've come to enjoy seat heaters. That said, those in my Saab were like dying Bic lighters next to the atomic devices in my BMW. I'm actually afraid to turn them up to the max setting.

mad_machine
mad_machine SuperDork
8/13/11 6:31 p.m.

I think BMW seat heaters are linked directly to the exhaust. They do get toasty quick!

thestig99
thestig99 Reader
8/13/11 8:53 p.m.
NOHOME wrote: I suppose you are done with your Christmas shopping also? This kind of forward thinking and plan execution might get you banned from this board. It ain't right...

Done with my what?

This is my first car without seat heaters. I've owned all Saabs up until now and, with a mix of leather and cloth, they've all had heated seats. Only two have had seat heaters that didn't work.... the two that I bought for winter beaters last year. (96 900se that a lady in a Civic kindly totalled for me, and a '91 9kT). They also both had leather. No fun.

fornetti14
fornetti14 HalfDork
8/13/11 9:48 p.m.

We're talkin' about winter beaters but we can't live without seat heaters lol.

Get the heated seats from an Outback Limited.

thestig99
thestig99 Reader
8/14/11 8:06 a.m.

Cloth = no need.

Leather = there had better be a heating device specifically for my ass.

thestig99
thestig99 Reader
9/24/11 4:28 p.m.

Finally got this thing into the garage for some concours quality* bodywork. Also fixed the exhaust.

The main reason it was $400:

Yep:

[Not pictured: Mass amounts of tiger hair]

Done (coat the whole mess in spray on bedliner)

Then there was this...

[Another mass of tiger hair]

And took the center out of the grillE for cool points:

Also, you may have noticed the bedliner running down the rocker in the last pic. Well couldn't have things like that dragging down the quality of my work...

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit SuperDork
9/26/11 9:08 a.m.
Grtechguy wrote:
Truth!

I will never again be without seat heaters. Even the back seats in my car are heated.

HiTempguy
HiTempguy Dork
9/26/11 12:47 p.m.
Rusted_Busted_Spit wrote: I will never again be without seat heaters. Even the back seats in my car are heated.

Yep, and to the people who say cloth seats don't need to be heated, you are friekin crazy! VW started a good thing, as stated elsewhere, base model cars like the Hyundai Veloster are now coming with heated cloth seats standard. These are killer for anywhere that gets snow :D

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ieVjdCEkLGVV1JRp64tOVXzmwVtsqZGU2tLvWpY84D5hd1xAYPiPBPZB6KJymdWx