JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
2/27/15 3:43 p.m.

On this episode, we take a look at the new 2015 Volkswagen Golf R. It's a 292hp hyper sedan with capabilities that go far beyond what we've come to associate with the VW Golf nameplate. We brought back some audio from the media intorduction, including a brief chat with none other than Mr. Hans Stuc…

Read the rest of the story

Jaynen
Jaynen Dork
2/27/15 5:46 p.m.

So have you guys driven it in anger? Also 3 minutes in your audio starts popping ear to ear and its actually painful on headphones

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
2/27/15 6:11 p.m.
Jaynen wrote: So have you guys driven it in anger? Also 3 minutes in your audio starts popping ear to ear and its actually painful on headphones

As angry as we could get on the road, which was enough to reveal a lot of potential. Maybe way futon the ragged edge things break down, but I kind of doubt it. The package seems like they've done their homework. At any rate, we're on the list for a week-long tester when they hit the press fleets, so I imagine we'll use that opportunity for some legit track time.

My audio file seems fine. Not sure what's up there. At any rate, I'll re-master it and upload a fresh file this weekend. Something could have gone weird with the up/download and scrambled things.

DG
DG New Reader
3/20/15 2:53 p.m.

I like the new VW designs but they seem to be way too heavy. You don't need 300 HP with a 2000lb car...at least I don't. You should show how to lose weight. I bet you could drop at least 40lbs with lighter wheels.

docwyte
docwyte Dork
3/21/15 11:09 a.m.

What modern car weighs 2000lbs anymore? What modern car weighs 3000lbs anymore? Any car that's large enough to carry stuff and more than 2 people weighs at least 3400 lbs now...

noddaz
noddaz Dork
3/21/15 2:49 p.m.

According to Edmunds, curb weight is 3340 lbs...

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VGwAy6V6F4elm3ugxX7BdSeZrBOyJVlRmRugXfHKBFHEawQIZWhKYyVLZjAizX9T