4 5 6
EdenPrime
EdenPrime Reader
11/29/11 9:31 p.m.
4cylndrfury wrote:
RexSeven wrote: ...I am, at most, cautiously optimistic. ...but I'm concerned that Toyota will Scion-ify it with stupid crap like mood lighting or a 2000 jiggawatt stereo....
As long as the one on the right goes fast, and driving it requires both feet, and my wallet isnt totally dry as I park it in my driveway, I dont care about the rest
RexSeven wrote: Plus, I don't want to be lumped in with the typical ricer douchebags Scion attracts, since I am in the exact demographic Scion sells to (25 y.o.).
This is my big complaint - WHO CARES?!?!? what it makes you look like to other people, or misconceived impressions are moot - hearing them in a factual discussion about measurable details are frustrating to say the least. Do we want our car to be cool? Sure - but how many boosted Volvo bricks or patina'd 60s wagons do we drool over every day? Im sure theres plenty of people out there (Im married to one) who shake their heads in disbelief when they see what we call cool. For me its a simple equation: Performance divided by price multiplied by fun factor, all over mechanical quality = value...connotation and pretense mean nothing. If thats how you get no sunroof, a manual, crank windows and cloth seats, then who the hell cares what make it is? All that "Hey Bro, Im not a ricer" business is crap. Who cares if you catch a label? It doesnt define you unless you let it. /rant..sorry for all that...

I now worship you on Sundays.

Slyp_Dawg
Slyp_Dawg HalfDork
11/29/11 9:49 p.m.

am I the only one who thinks the BRZ is a legitimately pretty car to look at? it's almost as if the Subaru designers had Xabier's FFR 818 design contest entry close at hand when penning the front end, it looks similar, but tastefully adjusted for a front engine application. also, the harder body line on the top of the rear fenders looks better than the softer Toyota version. if Subaru offered a stripper model that was similarly outfitted to the proposed Scion Motorsports stripper model... I might have a very hard time saying no. I'm really hoping my local (ok not local, but preferred by far) Subaru/Evo/DSM/turbo BMW/Mini tuning shop gets their hands on one to play around with so I can go crawl all over/in it and ooh and aah without being subject to a sales pitch

4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dMxT2w80HOhIwjTvlei3v9uaEz6QSTIhZKRMRY5lG1CiEviSOImE4W8T31BVdntf