1 2 3
pav5069
pav5069 Reader
1/29/16 9:33 a.m.

The other Rolex thread didn't really talk about the cars or the race that much. So this is for the racing talk this weekend.

The ford GT which I am not a fan of is kicking butt. should be a good race and I am always a Porsche fan! Going to be a good year.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
1/29/16 9:50 a.m.

In reply to pav5069:

For some very personal reasons, I really want the GT to do well. Like win.

But I'm not overly confident.

lastsnare
lastsnare Reader
1/29/16 10:07 a.m.

here's to hoping that the Deltawing finishes the race :D
I have seen it in-person several times in the past few years in open and closed cockpit configurations, and I very much enjoy watching it,
despite the transmission and other problems it's experienced.
When it's good, it's really good....which could be the car, the driver, or both I suppose :)
I'll be cheering them on from my side of the TV or computer monitor this weekend.

WOW Really Paul?
WOW Really Paul? MegaDork
1/29/16 10:47 a.m.

In reply to lastsnare:

It'll be out before sunrise......that much is for sure. Stupid lighting pattern always looks like 2 cars farther off.

bmw88rider
bmw88rider Dork
1/29/16 12:07 p.m.

Of course, I'll be cheering for the Riley/Keating Vipers. Too bad they 2 god awful liveries on the cars. GMG and the don't mess with Texas. I've met all of the guys driving the 93 car and they are all good guys.

In GTLM, It's going to be a fun year with the corvettes, Porsches, and we will see what the GT's do. Still a fan of the Corvette team. Class act all the way. Had a really good time with that team at the Lone Star LeMans the last couple years. Haven't heard much of the new M6's yet. I'll be interested to see what they do.

Hopefully Jordan Taylor is feeling better. It'll be a long 24 hours for him after coming off being sick all week. They brought in another driver just to take some of the load off him. It'll be good to see the mazda team back hopefully semi-competitive after ditching the Diesel.

WOW Really Paul?
1/30/16 7:19 p.m.
WOW Really Paul? wrote: In reply to lastsnare: It'll be out before sunrise......that much is for sure. Stupid lighting pattern always looks like 2 cars farther off.

Nailed it, well.....more correctly, they nailed it.

sirrichardpumpaloaf
sirrichardpumpaloaf Reader
1/30/16 7:22 p.m.
captdownshift
captdownshift UltraDork
1/30/16 7:36 p.m.

IMSA really has it nailed with the manufacturer lineup now. Ford vs. Corvette battle and Porsche, Lamborghini, Ferrari, Aston and Audi in the mix. It's something for everyone and a great 'Murica versus the European manufacturers each with intercontinental rivalries as well.

It couldn't possibly create better subplots and likely exposure for sports car racing.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
1/30/16 8:35 p.m.

So it's turning out that the issues I heard about before Christmas are turning out to be right. Not fast at all.

Which is odd, considering that this engine has had two years of racing development already...

Nick (LUCAS) Comstock
Nick (LUCAS) Comstock UltimaDork
1/30/16 10:26 p.m.

In reply to alfadriver:

berkeleyed on race day?

sirrichardpumpaloaf
1/31/16 3:07 a.m.

Looks like a development race for the new Ford GTs....

bmw88rider
bmw88rider Dork
1/31/16 6:37 a.m.

I would have been more surprised if it wasn't a development race for them.

Great race so far. Too bad MSR had engine issues....hummm a honda mill? Did they let the F1 guys work on it?

Stealthtercel
Stealthtercel Dork
1/31/16 6:47 a.m.

So I just went to that live feed (thanks for the link) and watched for a few minutes, and there's something I don't get. Why in the world would the IMSA feed include drivers' names and their positions in class... but not a single mention of what car they're driving? Frankly, I don't much care if Bob Smith is three laps up on Steve Jones. You start to get my interest if you tell me that two Audis are chasing a Porsche. I'm going to go out on a limb here and speculate that, in a typical year, IMSA gets more of its funding from [e.g., Ford] than it does from [e.g., Christian Fittipaldi.] Attaching manufacturers' logos to the leaderboard would show some respect for that.

captdownshift
captdownshift UltraDork
1/31/16 7:20 a.m.

In reply to Stealthtercel:

There's a app and reference guide for that.

Also the Italian on Italian violence!

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
1/31/16 8:16 a.m.
Nick (LUCAS) Comstock wrote: In reply to alfadriver: berkeleyed on race day?

Chuckle...

The engine has done so well in DP form that the issues are all with the car. As I see it. Heck, while the 02 car is 2 laps down on the lead of the race, the Ganassi guys have had no new issues. Whereas...

fasted58
fasted58 UltimaDork
1/31/16 8:22 a.m.

Kinda shocked to see Shank went w/ Honda after success w/ Ford.

sirrichardpumpaloaf
1/31/16 8:39 a.m.

Hell of a race this year. VERY envious of those of you enjoying the race and the GRM Experience in person. Next year's race and Experience is an absolute must.

MCarp22
MCarp22 Dork
1/31/16 10:13 a.m.
fasted58 wrote: Kinda shocked to see Shank went w/ Honda after success w/ Ford.

Honda has a presence in that part of Ohio where they are based.

WOW Really Paul?
1/31/16 10:35 a.m.

In reply to alfadriver:

I had heard in the middle of the night one for the GT's posted the fastest GTLM lap time of the race at that point. So it is fast, just has the new car hiccups.

fasted58
fasted58 UltimaDork
1/31/16 12:18 p.m.

Note to Jordan Taylor: Turn it up to 12

lrrs
lrrs Reader
1/31/16 12:23 p.m.

Many thanks to IMSA for the live streaming !

Do to my crappy cable, I would only get to see the segments on FOX Sports 1. Would have been sad as I have been in past years.

Nick (LUCAS) Comstock
Nick (LUCAS) Comstock UltimaDork
1/31/16 12:36 p.m.

Ratchet straps may be an acceptable repair method in a 24hr lemons race, not so much in the 24 of Daytona.

Stefan (Not Bruce)
Stefan (Not Bruce) MegaDork
1/31/16 12:49 p.m.

In reply to Nick (LUCAS) Comstock:

Poor SVG. Damned good driver, deserving of better.

Moparman
Moparman Dork
1/31/16 1:07 p.m.

I have to say that I am enjoying this year more than any in a long time. It has been a ball watching the Porsche Corvette duel. It was great to see marques, such as Ferrari, Lamborghini, Aston Martin, Ford Viper and others make strong apperances. This is why I will never like watching a spec series. I love the diversity!

fasted58
fasted58 UltimaDork
1/31/16 1:08 p.m.

Awesome move Gavin!!!!

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2RuSDflaBU1fOGEOrIP0mtQPjimIB3I74qECl31fyBI75TNfl3wvHdOrdnWmX3NI