1 2 3
oldeskewltoy
oldeskewltoy Dork
10/2/13 7:23 p.m.
SlickDizzy wrote: Odd, because the people that hate them the most never seem to have owned one.

IF you are talking about me..... I owned an 87 900, and I wrenched on them for a number of years ( early/mid 2000s).

GM might have saved SAAB if they, SAAB, could have accepted platform sharing without costly modifications.

SlickDizzy
SlickDizzy UberDork
10/2/13 8:54 p.m.
oldeskewltoy wrote:
SlickDizzy wrote: Odd, because the people that hate them the most never seem to have owned one.
IF you are talking about me..... I owned an 87 900, and I wrenched on them for a number of years ( early/mid 2000s). GM might have saved SAAB if they, SAAB, could have accepted platform sharing without costly modifications.

A C900 is a far cry from a T5/T7 rig. Even now, your post only seems to indicate that you just wish they were full-blooded GM, as opposed to any real reason for disliking them.

They are quirky newer cars and have their problems but there is potential in the platform and to compare one to a Camry is just wrong. Mags usually compared against the Volvo S80 or BMW 5-series.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
10/3/13 7:33 a.m.

Just to be clear, I think either is a good option but in my mind it goes Jag, Saab and then miles behind Volvo. I have had to many bad experiences with modern Volvos to recommend one.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
HQ3TGn7k4EwiA08v3FWaWKFmAsZtn3RNpfAzXulY0KO53ic0uCTJ7WRhMbrJw6SQ