P71
P71 HalfDork
12/5/08 6:06 p.m.

Basically when Jaguar shut down the line there was a bunch of stuff left over. Well that stuff got shuttled from owner to owner until the last guy decided to finally just put a car together. Numbers from 95-99% were thrown around as percentage of the car that was there to start with. All of the parts are vintage but were still new in the boxes, bags, etc. How cool must have that been to put together? (Step 1, grab frame, ok check. Step two, bolt front suspension on, ok I have that in this box!)

Old Jag built from new parts

Maybe a story for Classic? I'd definitely buy that issue!

Type Q
Type Q HalfDork
12/5/08 6:27 p.m.

It said there truckloads of parts. So are there enough parts to build still another one?

924guy
924guy HalfDork
12/5/08 10:02 p.m.

that rocks! its what we do, except he got all new old parts... lucky devil!

ArtOfRuin
ArtOfRuin Reader
12/5/08 10:14 p.m.

Man, that thing is gorgeous.

Helterskelter
Helterskelter Reader
12/5/08 10:17 p.m.

Absolutely beautiful car.

amaff
amaff HalfDork
12/5/08 11:08 p.m.

that is fantastic. Talk about a barnyard find! ok, so to be in that condition, the parts probably weren't stored in a barnyard... but still!

Any info on what that lourde of parts actually ran him?

Evan_R
Evan_R New Reader
12/6/08 5:34 a.m.

Yes, but in what shape are the 34-year old OEM Dunlop Tyres he mounted??

neon4891
neon4891 Dork
12/6/08 8:40 a.m.

very nice, that has to be...wow

JohnGalt
JohnGalt New Reader
12/6/08 10:32 a.m.

I wounder how long before the Lucas electronics start to go.

gamby
gamby SuperDork
12/6/08 4:47 p.m.
Evan_R wrote: Yes, but in what shape are the 34-year old OEM Dunlop Tyres he mounted??
jalopkik article said: even the Dunlop tires were original and in perfect, new condition

I'd still be pretty wary of them, since conventional wisdom says that even properly stored tires are good for all of 7 years. Interesting for display or show purposes, though.

While the Series III isn't the most desirable E-Type, this one is gonna be pretty damn desirable.

Awesome article. Amazing car.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Q89JazVyMxpBs5a0IxvznDQ15q8mmwSunyRMybMHcgpG08OxPxzecuJGC7cbHdxX