1 2
Mazdax605
Mazdax605 SuperDork
4/19/15 10:34 p.m.
mndsm wrote:
Mazdax605 wrote: I have this in my garage. No you can't have it.
I see you live in Massachusetts.... what are your work hours, and how big is your dog?

Varied, and big enough...

Wally
Wally MegaDork
4/20/15 7:14 a.m.

These are some old pictures, I have more cabinets, more stickers on the cabinets, my 2nd place Bus Roadeo trophy and the Weinermobile is hanging on the wall. Every year for my father's birthday we go to Palace of Wong, an old Chinese restaurant on Long Island and I get a new calendar.

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 UltraDork
4/20/15 7:43 a.m.

Palace of Wong sounds like a brothel in Hong Kong.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet UltraDork
4/20/15 9:04 a.m.

When I bought my house, there were a couple of really old MA license plates flanking some sort of horned animal skull above the side door. That may have scared off some potential buyers, but it made me want the place even more.

Since then, I've added some typical retro-style tin signage, some old valve covers hanging on the walls, some cool hubcaps, and other odds and ends. I'll have to get some pics.

Sanchinguy
Sanchinguy New Reader
4/20/15 9:25 a.m.
mazdeuce wrote: I'm kind of fascinated that Grosh has entered the GRM language as an actual word.

To be clear, I adopted the term as a tribute to your awesomeness. I have "a grosh", but you sir have "The Grosh".

Rupert
Rupert Dork
4/20/15 9:43 a.m.

In reply to OHSCrifle:

I've seen entire walls of old and varied license plates in many a garage. I'm not sure you'd call that wall paper though.

Rupert
Rupert Dork
4/20/15 9:48 a.m.
moparman76_69 wrote: Palace of Wong sounds like a brothel in Hong Kong.

What better business to put out a calender? Girl of the month club?

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/20/15 11:05 a.m.

Start reading Garage Journal.com.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce PowerDork
4/20/15 11:57 a.m.
Appleseed wrote: Start reading Garage Journal.com.

Seriously don't do this. It's bad for your sanity and your marriage.

Cone_Junkie
Cone_Junkie SuperDork
4/20/15 11:58 a.m.

License plates, signs, and trophies. I have large banners that I don't have enough wall space to hang also.

novaderrik
novaderrik UltimaDork
4/20/15 12:20 p.m.
mazdeuce wrote:

is that one of those "mancave" sites where everyone thinks a garage is where you need a big screen tv, a bar, a hot tub, and a stripper pole with memorabilia from your local professional and/or college sportsball teams hanging everywhere instead of being a place to park and work on cars?

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
4/20/15 2:04 p.m.
Rupert wrote:
moparman76_69 wrote: Palace of Wong sounds like a brothel in Hong Kong.
What better business to put out a calender? Girl of the month club?

The Wang Palace..

http://www.wangpalaceglastonbury.com/home-page/

Eat at the Wang Palace.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn PowerDork
4/20/15 2:16 p.m.
novaderrik wrote:
mazdeuce wrote:
is that one of those "mancave" sites where everyone thinks a garage is where you need a big screen tv, a bar, a hot tub, and a stripper pole with memorabilia from your local professional and/or college sportsball teams hanging everywhere instead of being a place to park and work on cars?

No. There are a few of those, but most of the garages are for working in.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/20/15 2:37 p.m.

In reply to Cone_Junkie:

You have ceiling.

turboswede
turboswede MegaDork
4/20/15 3:26 p.m.

I've got a GT-40 clock that my dad gave me a present.

He's got a disk brake rotor clock that I gave him for father's day a while back.

Sort of like this:

To be honest my garage is so packed with stuff that there's not much spare flat wall space for decoration other than the fridge and the tool boxes. So I've got a bunch of Rockauto magnets on the fridge and some SCCA and other stickers on the tool boxes.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TGtjk0XkfR16fyymhzNZ69PqWfxT2a2VTzN1Ub661hxQvKpzeWZmggpQDOvwPgCn