True_Racer
True_Racer None
11/27/14 8:42 p.m.

Video: Slippery when corded

Here is a funny video of me driving my friends Porsche 911 and the rear tire unknowingly delaminates and then me trying to wrap my head around how and why the car was so loose

True_Racer
True_Racer New Reader
11/28/14 9:19 a.m.

Is there a place to post your videos in this forum or is it just under the general topic

Nick_Comstock
Nick_Comstock PowerDork
11/28/14 9:27 a.m.

Nope, this is the right spot. I've heard rumors of being able to embed videos in posts coming in the near future.

Quick hands by the way, that is a very open course.

Am I the only one who checks all the tires before heading out on course?

True_Racer
True_Racer New Reader
11/28/14 10:40 p.m.

no i do as well just not after every AutoX run. And that was our 3rd run of the session

DrBoost
DrBoost UltimaDork
11/29/14 7:20 a.m.

First off, that car sounds GREAT as you're pulling away from the start gate. Before wind noise comes into play we can hear the engine very well. Wow.
Second, not to toot your horn, but you did appear to handle that very well. It was a fast course and you never got outta shape.
Thanks for posting.

True_Racer
True_Racer New Reader
11/29/14 12:54 p.m.

Cheers boost, I will contribute a lot of my car control ability to my simulator

Nick_Comstock
Nick_Comstock PowerDork
11/29/14 4:44 p.m.

I guess I'm weird, as soon as I get back from a run I check all the tire pressures and feel the tread with my hand. I don't think my hand is as calibrated as a pyrometer, though in my mind I'm actually doing something helpful. But I'm not very good at being an autocrossist

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon UltraDork
11/29/14 6:31 p.m.

Good car control!

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
11/29/14 6:43 p.m.

Nice catches there.

GPDren
GPDren Reader
11/29/14 7:38 p.m.

I do at least a quick visual check after each run. Saves me having to check before a run, when I'm more preoccupied.

To the OP, fast hands and good car control!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
E1qzFxb4eFGEDwzrojgZ9L3XO8CXFmswWUlS1isruRnrVlXM48e4TebLCAgWbQXn