1 2
audifan
audifan New Reader
1/3/09 4:26 p.m.

In reply to slefain: I would venture to say (audi people feel free to chime in here) that the "quattro" portion of an audi tends to be one of the most bulletproof portions of the cars. As an porsche audi vw mechanic for the past 17 years I have never replaced a portion of the 'quattro' driveline unless it was severly mistreated and or damaged during an accident. I will agree that the rest the car (the audi) has kept food on my table for a long time but not the driveline.

neon4891
neon4891 SuperDork
1/3/09 4:30 p.m.
AngryCorvair wrote: vega with no rust....

Those exist?

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
1/3/09 10:09 p.m.

Believe it or not, there's still a few out there. I just did a bunch of 'get it back on the road after sitting for ages' work on a rust free Cosworth Vega.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 HalfDork
1/3/09 10:37 p.m.

The current car I own.......if you are trying to prove a point of your mechanical expertise by the poorly built car you are driving around something is quite odd with you.

When I was searching for a new car I was told by my boss that if I didn't buy a Honda I wouldn't have a job the next day......I almost went and bought another make just because of that, but damned Hondas and their longevity and resale value.

Dorsai
Dorsai New Reader
1/3/09 11:36 p.m.
neon4891 wrote:
NYG95GA wrote: Obviously, a 1st gen Neon in rough shape.
Make it a DOCH What is so wrong with a late 90s taurus? ours sill had working heat when it was in its accident.

Yeah, but did the automatic transmission still work?

John Brown
John Brown SuperDork
1/6/09 4:32 p.m.
Dorsai wrote:
neon4891 wrote:
NYG95GA wrote: Obviously, a 1st gen Neon in rough shape.
Make it a DOCH What is so wrong with a late 90s taurus? ours sill had working heat when it was in its accident.
Yeah, but did the automatic transmission still work?

Funny E36 M3 right there Dors!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
QhsyDJLt7fFqoOS12etaXDUsr16nvPoKOvm1d8VvXY99tpoWcfQ9PKz4KZuSVZ6A