1 2
Cone_Junky
Cone_Junky Dork
7/23/13 4:02 p.m.

Ouch! Punted right into the wall. That definitely ends the race day.

Curious what the POV video from the rear car looked like.

dean1484
dean1484 UberDork
7/23/13 4:30 p.m.

I would really like to see the other video (if there is one). I suspect a distracted driver that was looking at the gages in the cockpit on the strait (where I look at them) and he / she just ran up on the Neon way to fast. They had a faster car and probably the draft helped to speed things up. I suspect that we will never see the other video as there really is no good explanation as to what happened. And especially if they are trying to blame some one or something else. I took some time and really looked at the in car video to see if there was any movement on the part of the Neon. I did not detect any (the white line on the side of the track and its position relative to the hood is a great tool for this) I almost think that the neon actually moved to the left a little but that may actually be the initial impact.

At the end of the day it is just a racing thing. Sucks but it is the risk we all take every time we put our cars on rack. Even the best drivers make mistakes. It took me a long to accept this as it really sucks pulling all lighters getting a car completed just to have it trashed. It made me take a different look at things. Enjoy the journey of getting to the track. The actual racing is only a part of the hobby. Working with friends to all hours of the night prepping a car, talking smack, learning things and most off all developing new friendships. Some of my best friends are those I met and worked with during my racing days. As soon as the fun leaves you are either getting paid to race and it is a job or you should move on to another form of recreation.

When ever we trashed a car we just looked at it as an opportunity to build a better one. Look at it any other way and you will become bitter and the fun goes away.

rebelgtp
rebelgtp UltraDork
7/23/13 5:10 p.m.

OUCH! That had to be exciting

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
7/23/13 5:18 p.m.
SyntheticBlinkerFluid wrote: Not trying to threadjack, but Brainerd is still around? I haven't heard about Brainerd in a really really long time.

Yeah man, several events a year up there. MAP runs two events a year, Powercruise USA goes through there, BIR still does regular drag racing, and of course Chump.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Non2ucA5N862zRPAvtSpVDPqoWWK38p86x4WZHyoBp6fZL0QOeNZFAK0nPO42cOx