1 2 3
NickD
NickD HalfDork
3/19/16 8:03 a.m.
Sanchinguy wrote: So, if I put an LSx into a fox body would it be a Cramitstang? Or a Cramistang? Or maybe a Stangcramit? Stangmaro? Dunno...

It would be fast, that's what it would be

etifosi
etifosi Dork
3/19/16 8:11 a.m.

"Stang & Cramit" sounds like a pair of Big Daddy Roth characters.

NOT A TA
NOT A TA Dork
3/19/16 9:08 a.m.
Cotton wrote: My vote is cramit with sidepipes and nitrous.

I endorse this ^^^ idea.

[URL=http://s240.photobucket.com/user/NOTATA/media/Firebird%20SIDEPIPES/DSCN0009.jpg.html][/URL]

Robbie
Robbie SuperDork
3/19/16 10:11 a.m.
ckosacranoid wrote: Page 71 april issue stated I was bringing a more series effert for a car to the challenge this year. I have thinking between a mid 90s stang or meybe a cramit with a stick anf a 6 banger for motor. Both are cheap and easy to find. Dencent on gas also if I have drive for any time. I was thinking more of suspion upgrades then big power. But what types of things can youndo for cheap and easy power upgrades? Suspion betting sorted out to handle?

Now that we are three pages into the cramit discussion, I'll start trying to help answer your questions!!

I'm not sure on power as I have never modded either engine. I will say back in the day my old 93 BMW 325i (e36) would thrash my buddies 96ish v6 mustang in a drag race though. 5.0 mustang would be a different story.

As far as suspension, grabbing some bilstein sport shocks used, cutting a coil or two out of the stock springs and getting a good alignment are all cheap, easy, and will make a big difference.

Dunno what your fab capabilities are, but I am led to believe that both mustang and cramit could do with some extra frame bracing. If you need some help or access to a welder swing down by me, I'm in the southern suburbs of Chicago. (You'll remember me as the guy with the v12 BMW at last challenge).

WOW Really Paul?
WOW Really Paul? MegaDork
3/19/16 12:06 p.m.
Knurled wrote: I think it should replace Camaro, not Camero.

FTFY

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke SuperDork
3/20/16 8:41 a.m.

Cramit for president!

AntiArrhythmic
AntiArrhythmic New Reader
3/20/16 9:12 a.m.

Camero is Spanish for shrimp. I like the Mustang better. T-bird S/C swap ftw.

ckosacranoid
ckosacranoid Dork
3/21/16 11:09 p.m.

I dont check for a couple of days and something we use to call camaros as a kid gets more giggles from you guys. I think we found our theme for this year and I think we know what we are looking for regardless of types of upgrades are for it. The all new for 2016, the chevy crammit......

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Reader
3/22/16 12:51 a.m.

Good choice Chevy crammits make decent challenge cars. Can't lie I've had a cammit or two.

If you look hard enough you should be able to find one with an LT1.

etifosi
etifosi Dork
3/22/16 10:11 a.m.

Isn't the Cramit made by Cheby?

IndyJoe
IndyJoe HalfDork
4/25/16 8:41 p.m.

LOL

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
tUhDARrtvKExCqayZN0gUwTL5eOryGd3pEhn3cxQKbAtVEHmI8k3Xey934Xk36aP