solfly
solfly Dork
8/21/21 5:20 p.m.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/526717775229144/

Went and looked at it briefly this afternoon, would definitely look closer and drive it.

Repairs look to be typical collision repair quality, some panel gaps are off etc.

Interior is perfect, exterior has a couple dings and such. Wheels have minor curbing.

Looking for something fun I can drive year round, was originally looking for a ~10 year old wrx but this one snuck into my search.

Thoughts?

Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) MegaDork
8/21/21 7:20 p.m.

Given it has a tune and has been crashed, I'd be very careful. It just seems like borrowing problems you may not need.

Go a bit older, with no mods, and come buy down South if you worry about rust.

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
8/21/21 8:22 p.m.

If you want a Subaru find one that is bone stock.  Bone stock they are good cars.  Modded....  Subarus attract dubious mods and owners as much or more than most cars.  

Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) MegaDork
8/21/21 11:59 p.m.

Subarus attract people that want to mod their cars but don't want to mod their cars correctly and skimp. There also seems to be a bunch of tuners that can't.

solfly
solfly Dork
8/22/21 5:27 a.m.

I'll agree with the sentiments about poorly modded Subarus, however, this one looks to have been done with high quality stuff. Invidia, Process West, Cobb. Looks well done to me.

As far as finding a stock Subaru goes all the ones here that are stock seem to be the models I don't want or are automatics or brand new and way out of my price range.

Appreciate the insight, easy to put the blinders on and pull the trigger but you've definitely given me some things to think about.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
8/22/21 11:20 a.m.
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) said:

If you want a Subaru find one that is bone stock.  Bone stock they are good cars.  Modded....  Subarus attract dubious mods and owners as much or more than most cars.  

Just like DSMs before them.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Lc8U1lZqLJM0CnJ5XpvuV3fYk3E1eVPSgyfgguSi3FVzZWlsC4GbPyxonDQKrFAp