1 2 3
1966stang
1966stang Reader
4/3/14 2:02 p.m.

As a guy who is looking at what he is going to do next, any impressions that you have on the car would be extremely useful.

docwyte
docwyte HalfDork
4/3/14 2:38 p.m.

Evo 8/9. 4 doors, decent sized back seat, tons of performance, easy to work on. Hard to find one that's not trashed tho...

travisb
travisb New Reader
4/3/14 2:48 p.m.
1966stang wrote: As a guy who is looking at what he is going to do next, any impressions that you have on the car would be extremely useful.

It really depends on how much of a back seat you need and how frequently you need it. And how tall the person in the front passenger seat is. A tall passenger will be uncomfortable having to slide up for someone in the back to fit. When the front seat is all the way back it touches the rear seat.

The dealer told me the break in period is 500 miles and keep revs under 4k. I read in the manual it is 1000 miles and revs still under 4k. I had a 90 minute drive home on the interstate from the dealership and followed the rules.

Today I drove it around some nice country roads for a couple hours. No real hard accelerating but I did hit 5k a couple times.

The car moves around very smoothly and responds quickly. Like my Miata did. It also has a nice throaty tone on both ends for a car with this power. I can't wait for my first autox in it. I know the stock tires aren't great, but it will be at least a few months before I will be able to upgrade them.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
4/3/14 3:06 p.m.
travisb wrote: =========================== I purchased my new car yesterday, so you don't really need to suggest anymore unless you just want to help the community in general. =========================== I am selling my NA turbo Miata that has more issues than I want to address and also my current daily driver which is a Hyundai Accent. I want to combine certain aspects of both of these cars into one car and I am looking for suggestions. What I'd like: light weight (< ~3k lbs), sporty (for autox), manual, 4 seats, rear/4wd, relatively new, easy/inexpensive to maintain, less than $25k (the lower $ the better) So, basically a 4-seat Miata with a V8 One car comes to mind: BRZ/FR-S. I thought about the WRX and Genesis Coupe, but I'm not sure about the size/weight. I know there have to be more cars that tick all the boxes. My current cars are relatively small and light and I would generally like to stay that way.

The current answer seems to be Abarth

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim PowerDork
4/3/14 3:50 p.m.
docwyte wrote: Evo 8/9. 4 doors, decent sized back seat, tons of performance, easy to work on. Hard to find one that's not trashed tho...

You're probably better off looking for an Evo X unless you really, really want an 8/9. Those seem to be holding their values much better than the Xs.

Petrolburner
Petrolburner New Reader
4/3/14 6:45 p.m.

Wow. Just went to the Cadillac site and built myself an ATS with the 6 speed manual and 2.0 turbo with heated seats for $35K. Cool car that I previously was totally unaware of.

docwyte
docwyte HalfDork
4/4/14 5:10 p.m.

Absolutely no trunk space in an Evo X. It's laughably small, even without the sound package. The Evo 9 is probably the best one we got here, has the cam phasing, known stout motor, etc.

The Evo X has a more grown up interior, but it's lack of trunk space and relatively unproven motor on the track pushes me to the 9.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
S05N5Dfl2MSYxnqOj6ZDUovPWYX1BmMjeVY1PKgC8sF2IGsq8X8SlqfhvIeXZPev