1 2 3 4
Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/17/24 7:12 p.m.

In reply to DeadSkunk (Warren) :

What will be interesting is if it washes out if someone from ACTUAL Vitour shows up. If this guy is for real, he's burning a lot of bridges real fast, because GRM has more reach than he does. Ask Hennessey Honda of Woodstock how that works.  If he's fake- Vitour would be REAL smart to distance themselves and publicly crucify him...tomorrow. 

avboiler11
avboiler11 New Reader
1/17/24 7:12 p.m.

Looks like they deleted the FB thread, really too bad because I was just getting to Tom & Andy's comments

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
1/17/24 7:13 p.m.
TJL (Forum Supporter) said:

If one were to look at the GRM project vehicles, you would see tires from about every major manufacturer.  They 100% are not in bed with any 1 tire manufacturer. 

That was my favorite accusation! Apparently GRM is in cahoots with Nankang but it's okay for the Challenge to be sponsored by Kuhmo, and JG's CAM Mustang said NITTO down the side, etc, etc.

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
1/17/24 7:17 p.m.
avboiler11 said:

Looks like they deleted the FB thread, really too bad because I was just getting to Tom & Andy's comments

Aww man, that sucks. 

If only things like screenshot didn't exist!

TJL (Forum Supporter)
TJL (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
1/17/24 7:30 p.m.

In reply to avboiler11 :

Clearly a sign of truthiness. 

johndej
johndej SuperDork
1/17/24 7:44 p.m.

Just updated with a response 

HilaryAndersonRacing
HilaryAndersonRacing New Reader
1/17/24 7:52 p.m.
Mndsm said:

In reply to 11GTCS :

One can appoint themselves CEO of any bullE36 M3 scamfront business they want. VERY common with "entrepreneurs". While chuckles here has pics of a lambo, something tells me he's about as legit as a 3 dollar bill. He's trying to put himself into legitimacy with false titles and granstanding. I've known a ton of guys like him, and they're all the same. They REALLY don't like when you piss in their cornflakes, especially when it harms their already tenuous, sometimes fragile/borderline fraudulent business practices. I'd bet a Big Mac extra value meal this guy ain't legit. 

Sorry yall I pissed in his cornflakes and he deleted the thread. I ruined your entertainment 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/17/24 7:57 p.m.

In reply to HilaryAndersonRacing :

S'alright. the apology probably means he got put on the naughty step by someone. I got my money's worth out of it. 

avboiler11
avboiler11 New Reader
1/17/24 8:02 p.m.

Ready-Fire-Aim social media posts making unfounded accusations, in the motorsports realm, when the internet is forever, and you want your sponsor/employer to sell tires?

"Bold choice, Cotton."

11GTCS
11GTCS SuperDork
1/17/24 8:23 p.m.

In reply to HilaryAndersonRacing :

I read your comments and replies to him and thought they were pretty spot on.  If the " you should fire yourself from marketing" suggestion was something he didn't want to hear, so be it. (You weren't wrong!)

Driven5
Driven5 PowerDork
1/18/24 1:57 a.m.
Mndsm said:

One can appoint themselves CEO of any bullE36 M3 scamfront business they want. VERY common with "entrepreneurs". While chuckles here has pics of a lambo, something tells me he's about as legit as a 3 dollar bill. He's trying to put himself into legitimacy with false titles and granstanding. I've known a ton of guys like him, and they're all the same. They REALLY don't like when you piss in their cornflakes, especially when it harms their already tenuous, sometimes fragile/borderline fraudulent business practices. I'd bet a Big Mac extra value meal this guy ain't legit. 

Well, someone called it...

Yeah, with major tire manufacturers that have massive multi-channel distribution networks regularly having trouble keeping up with race season demand, I can't imagine why SCCA would have enough concern about 'availability limitations' due to this two bit operation being the sole distributor for the entire US supply of this tire to put/keep it on the exclusions list.

malibuguy
malibuguy HalfDork
1/18/24 3:47 a.m.

If a tire is not carried by the likes of Tire Rack, Discount Tires, or hell even Summit Racing...its probably one hit wonders

camopaint0707
camopaint0707 Reader
1/18/24 6:52 a.m.

In reply to Driven5 :

Oh hey, hi TJ!

jmabarone
jmabarone HalfDork
1/18/24 7:48 a.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

...and now I want a BMW M20 powered 190E.  That seems like a good combo.

Do a Cosworth with a 2.5 S14 and really screw with the purists.  

rslifkin
rslifkin PowerDork
1/18/24 8:45 a.m.
malibuguy said:

If a tire is not carried by the likes of Tire Rack, Discount Tires, or hell even Summit Racing...its probably one hit wonders

Maybe, although there are a few long standing brands out there that Tire Rack doesn't carry (like Nokian). 

HotNotch
HotNotch Reader
1/18/24 8:46 a.m.

In reply to Javelin :

I've had that same kind of center wear on a set of RE71's, it was just the nature of the beast

I spent a lot of time with pressures and a tire pyro, and the camber was set pretty well for the tire / chassis setup. 

At no point were they over inflated.  This dude seems to be a quack

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/18/24 9:26 a.m.

In reply to Driven5 :

It's almost as if I was clairvoyant. 

NickD
NickD MegaDork
1/18/24 9:32 a.m.

Hoppps
Hoppps New Reader
1/18/24 9:33 a.m.

So his logic is that if he's passionate enough he can self appoint himself CEO.....

From now on, please refer to me as CEO of the Fed cause I'm *passionate* about having money 

Driven5
Driven5 PowerDork
1/18/24 10:14 a.m.
camopaint0707 said:

Oh hey, hi TJ!

I'm not TJ, just amused to have happened across that little exchange before those admissions were deleted too.

camopaint0707
camopaint0707 Reader
1/18/24 10:27 a.m.

In reply to Driven5 :

I know lol.   TJ is a good friend of mine.  It was just hilarious of all the screen shots posted, it's his comments.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
1/18/24 10:41 a.m.

Although I didn't see the BookFace thread, this thread has been pretty entertaining on its own. 

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
1/18/24 11:36 a.m.

The hits keep coming!

NickD
NickD MegaDork
1/18/24 11:43 a.m.

If I were the actual CEO of VU Development, I'd be reaching out to this self-proclaimed CEO and telling him "Please stop talking, you're making us look like idiots."

camopaint0707
camopaint0707 Reader
1/18/24 1:58 p.m.

In reply to NickD :

I think he actually is unfortunately.

1 2 3 4

This topic is locked. No further posts are being accepted.

Our Preferred Partners
89gLVSOramfWVhkh2SemjzGWzW6obiuXjJ857sA8E4on78iksaFZCFKccCnVKrEC